• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not necessarily OC related, then again…,

sidestreet

Grapeshot I'm going to let you decide how to handle this one. By now some of you may have seen the story on Channel 12 WWBT concerning a young Goochland man that shattered three of his cervical vertebrae and may be paralyzed while at Nags Head a few days ago. The story is apparently being told on Facebook also, and they are soliciting prayers for his recovery and would appreciate any donations that might be forthcoming to help pay for the numerous medical bills that will undoubtedly follow.

What's the connection, why am I posting this here? Well, there are a couple of reasons, the first being that the young man in question, Riley Saunders, is the nephew of my niece's husband. How does that tie in with the OC community? Here it is, Riley's mother, Gwen Saunders, is the waitress that served us so well for so many times at one of our favorite OC Dinner locations, namely, "The Hickory Notch Grill" on Rt. 250 in Goochland.

I know that a lot of you are well stocked up on Brunswick Stew, even those that really love the stuff probably haven't come close to eating all that you bought. However, some of you enjoyed the experience so much that they've been asking when we were going to have another!

I would have to talk to the church, talk to the families, and get some things set up, but if all went well, I would be happy to volunteer another weekend sometime in the near future to have another fundraiser, but I will need some help again, but I will NOT be part of the "Collection Department", so to speak. Someone or some others will have to take care of that.

Any "Takers"? I could be wrong, but I'm not sure we can ever have too many friends, especially in these coming days.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We'll figure out the logistics.

Also, this may be a natural for GoFundMe.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://www.wbtv.com/story/32229763/...oochland-man-paralyzed-after-diving-into-wave

A link to a gofundme site is already up, link..

https://www.gofundme.com/29273cyk

Hope he has the best outcome possible.
Thank you for that link.
icon14.png