Thread: Car dealer offers customers free AR-15 assault rifle with car purchase

Moderator / Administrator

Car dealer offers customers free AR-15 assault rifle with car purchase

http://www.wgal.com/news/car-dealer-...chase/40105434

SNIP

ROCHESTER, NH. A New Hampshire car dealer is offering each buyer a free AR-15 assault rifle, a type of weapon similar to the one used in the Orlando, Florida, gay nightclub massacre.

Mike Hagan owns Hagan's Motor Pool Auto Repair and Sales in Rochester. He said he's given away four AR-15s and one 9mm handgun, an option for buyers who don't want the rifle.

Hagan told NH1-TV he has partnered with a nearby gun store, which runs the required background checks.

. . .

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    There is absolutely no difference in this than if he (the dealer) were to give a cash rebate/discount to the purchaser to use for whatever he/she sees fit.

It is an interesting advertising gimmick which does promote the RKBA......of which we doth approve.

Rest assured, however, that the dealer is pricing this into the deal. There is no free lunch - neither from politicians nor automobile dealers.

Repeating - I like what the dealer is doing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There is absolutely no difference in this than if he (the dealer) were to give a cash rebate/discount to the purchaser to use for whatever he/she sees fit.
    It is an interesting advertising gimmick which does promote the RKBA......of which we doth approve.
    Rest assured, however, that the dealer is pricing this into the deal. There is no free lunch - neither from politicians nor automobile dealers.
    Repeating - I like what the dealer is doing.
    so what does a customer receive if they are prohibitive individuals by NH statutes???

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-17-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

There is (was) a Ford dealer in Houston TX that every fall (just before deer season) gives a 30-30 rifle with the purchase of a Ford truck. At one time he was the biggest dealer of Winchester 30-30s in the country (he had a FFL).

Before 1968 guns were used as sale enhancements for furniture, appliances by many retailers nothing new. Just anti's making a fuss over nothing.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I seem to remember another car dealer somewhere doing this same thing after another of the mass shootings in the last 2-3 years. Anyone else recall that?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    so what does a customer receive if they are prohibitive individuals by NH statutes???

ipse
    A ride home, empty handed......or with a little bit more folding money in da pocket.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

There was a bank that advertised to gun owners that instead of collecting interest on a COD (Certificate of Deposit) account, they would receive a Weatherby rifle when they opened the account, and all of their money back at the end of the term of the certificate. Always wanted to do that, but I was a poor teenager at the time.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Cava3r4 View Post
    --edited by moderator--
    touche...

ispe
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-31-2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: quote edited
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Instead, give a kit with a 80% lower .... no BR chk needed....take it and go. heck, give on of those small pre-programmed mills too.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Instead, give a kit with a 80% lower .... no BR chk needed....take it and go. heck, give on of those small pre-programmed mills too.
    Give the man a fish... Teach him to mill... To mix my metaphor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That dealer better not be selling any lemons to those new AR-15 owners..

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    I'm selling ARs and giving away a car with every purchase ... sure the AR costs 25K ..so whaaat

The jokes are funny (well some of them) but we have a case of seriously off topic thread drift here.

The jokes are being moved to the Social Lounge.

Please stay on track with the OP. There is no wish to apply sanctions or thread lock.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I'm selling ARs and giving away a car with every purchase ... sure the AR costs 25K ..so whaaat
    Logical.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The jokes are funny (well some of them) but we have a case of seriously off topic thread drift here.

The jokes are being moved to the Social Lounge.

Please stay on track with the OP. There is no wish to apply sanctions or thread lock.
    I thought that the thread was kinda silly myself.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

ipse
    There's a high correlation between not passing a background check and not passing the credit check for the car loan.