• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car dealer offers customers free AR-15 assault rifle with car purchase

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.wgal.com/news/car-dealer...ar15-assault-rifle-with-car-purchase/40105434

SNIP

ROCHESTER, NH. —A New Hampshire car dealer is offering each buyer a free AR-15 assault rifle, a type of weapon similar to the one used in the Orlando, Florida, gay nightclub massacre.

Mike Hagan owns Hagan's Motor Pool Auto Repair and Sales in Rochester. He said he's given away four AR-15s and one 9mm handgun, an option for buyers who don't want the rifle.

Hagan told NH1-TV he has partnered with a nearby gun store, which runs the required background checks.

. . .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is absolutely no difference in this than if he (the dealer) were to give a cash rebate/discount to the purchaser to use for whatever he/she sees fit.

It is an interesting advertising gimmick which does promote the RKBA......of which we doth approve.

Rest assured, however, that the dealer is pricing this into the deal. There is no free lunch - neither from politicians nor automobile dealers.

Repeating - I like what the dealer is doing.

solus

There is absolutely no difference in this than if he (the dealer) were to give a cash rebate/discount to the purchaser to use for whatever he/she sees fit.
It is an interesting advertising gimmick which does promote the RKBA......of which we doth approve.
Rest assured, however, that the dealer is pricing this into the deal. There is no free lunch - neither from politicians nor automobile dealers.
Repeating - I like what the dealer is doing.

so what does a customer receive if they are prohibitive individuals by NH statutes???

ipse

Last edited:

F350

There is (was) a Ford dealer in Houston TX that every fall (just before deer season) gives a 30-30 rifle with the purchase of a Ford truck. At one time he was the biggest dealer of Winchester 30-30s in the country (he had a FFL).

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I seem to remember another car dealer somewhere doing this same thing after another of the mass shootings in the last 2-3 years. Anyone else recall that?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
There was a bank that advertised to gun owners that instead of collecting interest on a COD (Certificate of Deposit) account, they would receive a Weatherby rifle when they opened the account, and all of their money back at the end of the term of the certificate. Always wanted to do that, but I was a poor teenager at the time.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Instead, give a kit with a 80% lower .... no BR chk needed....take it and go. heck, give on of those small pre-programmed mills too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The jokes are funny (well some of them) but we have a case of seriously off topic thread drift here.

The jokes are being moved to the Social Lounge.

Please stay on track with the OP. There is no wish to apply sanctions or thread lock.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The jokes are funny (well some of them) but we have a case of seriously off topic thread drift here.

The jokes are being moved to the Social Lounge.

Please stay on track with the OP. There is no wish to apply sanctions or thread lock.

I thought that the thread was kinda silly myself.