Thread: State to state?

State to state?

Live in VA, vacationing in NC (obx) is OC ok, I know the general rules of OC. But is there anything specific to obx. Am I even allowed?

This depends entirely upon the state you're visiting (NC, in this case). You'll need to research those laws, and it's pretty typical that your state of origin matters not at all.

For an easy reference here is the Handgunlaw.us page for North Carolina. Gary keeps it pretty up-to-date, so you can generally trust the info there unless recent laws have been passed in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmlife View Post
    Live in VA, vacationing in NC (obx) is OC ok, I know the general rules of OC. But is there anything specific to obx. Am I even allowed?
    mod could we move this to NC's home?

welcome to the forum Farmlife, first the standard caveat ~ this is personal advice since i am not attorney so take it for what it is worth
    1. NC is a OC gold standard for OC
    2. the following reading material, section D (page 25) discusses transporting firearms in the state. there are no statues specifically governing transporting firearms, BUT officer safety is paramount!! please ensure your copy is dated Dec 15. http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx
    3. you must declare concealed firearms to the nice LE who just pulled you over...
    4. the above cite provides places you can not carry and so forth...

enjoy your vacation...

final thought...remember OBX is a tourist hot spot so you might run into all sorts of citizens who not familiar with our OC customs so be tolerate and play nice with them.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Moved this to the NC sub-Forum - the query is state specific.

There are no restrictions to carrying on the OBX public property. Private property rules and laws are a different matter. Please review the following link(s) for highlights.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?101135-North-Carolina-Flyer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9S...t?pref=2&pli=1
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrockblc View Post
    This depends entirely upon the state you're visiting (NC, in this case). You'll need to research those laws, and it's pretty typical that your state of origin matters not at all.

For an easy reference here is the Handgunlaw.us page for North Carolina. Gary keeps it pretty up-to-date, so you can generally trust the info there unless recent laws have been passed in the state.
    I think that the OP wanted you to provide answers to specific questions not posed.

However, your advice is best....what, want to take advice from an online forum only? Good luck. Better hope for a freedom minded citizen on a jury (maybe), like me .

Happy travels to the OP. He should be working to eliminate all gun laws.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-18-2016 at 10:14 AM.