Thread: Lizzurds complaining about gun recoil -- show them this

Banned

Lizzurds complaining about gun recoil -- show them this

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    It doesn't matter... Doesn't everyone remember when the argument was that having little recoil made it too easy to use? The truth doesn't matter, it'll be spun as negative either way. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a damn gun-grabber about recoil, whether they think there's too much or not enough.
    Advocate freedom please

Some folks, even here on OCDO, continue to hold a view that engaging gun grabbers is wise. We may just convert a liberal to not want to grab our guns. These folks rarely admit that it is a liberal's vote that is the primary threat to individual liberty, not their view on guns.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    It doesn't matter... Doesn't everyone remember when the argument was that having little recoil made it too easy to use? The truth doesn't matter, it'll be spun as negative either way. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a damn gun-grabber about recoil, whether they think there's too much or not enough.
    I generally don't either but that one guy saying his shoulder was bruised just had me laughing.

Like climate change ... first, ice age a-comin', then planet is warming .... next they'll say the planet's temp is stable and we must change that.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Some folks, even here on OCDO, continue to hold a view that engaging gun grabbers is wise. We may just convert a liberal to not want to grab our guns. These folks rarely admit that it is a liberal's vote that is the primary threat to individual liberty, not their view on guns.
    You know, I was just thinking about this today. I have a co-worker who is sorta pro-rights and pro-gun. By sorta I mean he solidly supports what he understands. Its just that he hasn't delved sufficiently deeply into the subject. For example, I recently explained to him why AR-15's are neither assault rifles, nor high-powered. He didn't know.

His circle includes panty-wetters.

Just today I was thinking right along your lines.

My take--the one I am intending to advocate to my co-worker--was not to engage. But, to ATTACK. Make them defend.

For example, a panty-wetter whines that, "Well, if nobody had guns (if all guns confiscated), then there would be no gun violence."

Attack, "Gee, I didn't realize you were such a vicious, brutal individual."

Pantywetter: "Huh! I want to eliminate guns to prevent gun violence!"

Attack: "What you want is to render everybody else easy prey to criminals so you can "feel" safe in your own mind. Tens of thousands of people a year injured, raped, or killed by criminals just so you can "feel" safer in your own little self-constructed, non-reality world. Since when did you become so selfish as to desire harm to others just to appease your own personal fear?"

Attack. Don't explain. Don't try to convert. Make them justify and explain their position, not you yours. You're not the one whose policy preference includes subjecting your fellow human beings to criminal depredation just so you can "feel" safer.

Comment? Suggestion? See a weak point? No, really. I want to explore this.
    Last edited by Citizen; 06-20-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    You know, I was just thinking about this today. I have a co-worker who is sorta pro-rights and pro-gun. By sorta I mean he solidly supports what he understands. Its just that he hasn't delved sufficiently deeply into the subject. For example, I recently explained to him why AR-15's are neither assault rifles, nor high-powered. He didn't know.

His circle includes panty-wetters.

Just today I was thinking right along your lines.

My take--the one I am intending to advocate to my co-worker--was not to engage. But, to ATTACK. Make them defend.

For example, a panty-wetter whines that, "Well, if nobody had guns (if all guns confiscated), then there would be no gun violence."

Attack, "Gee, I didn't realize you were such a vicious, brutal individual."

Pantywetter: "Huh! I want to eliminate guns to prevent gun violence!"

Attack: "What you want is to render everybody else easy prey to criminals so you can "feel" safe in your own mind. Tens of thousands of people a year injured, raped, or killed by criminals just so you can "feel" safer in your own little self-constructed, non-reality world. Since when did you become so selfish as to desire harm to others just to appease your own personal fear?"

Attack. Don't explain. Don't try to convert. Make them justify and explain their position, not you yours. You're not the one whose policy preference includes subjecting your fellow human beings to criminal depredation just so you can "feel" safer.

Comment? Suggestion? See a weak point? No, really. I want to explore this.
    Someone once said the best defense is a good offense. Works for many instances.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.