Thread: What constitutes ‘automatic’ weapons at issue after Orlando. Better'n what 'is' is!

What constitutes ‘automatic’ weapons at issue after Orlando. Better'n what 'is' is!

Many Americans confuse semiautomatic rifles with automatic rifles or “machine guns,” which can spray bullets for as long as the trigger is pulled and there are rounds being fed. By contrast, a semiautomatic weapon is one that requires the trigger to be pulled each time a round is fired — though the next round is automatically loaded.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tion-debated-/

"Many Americans confuse semiautomatic rifles with automatic rifles or “machine guns,” Belied by the number of Americans that own and use semi-automatic weapons.

Perhaps contrasting semi-automatic with single-shots would be more effective, particularly for the ignorant lamestream reporterettes.

Looking above, as my webpage is displayed, at the 700 rpm claim of Alan Grayson (WTF is he?), this all illustrates just how far the elite are from the electorate.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-21-2016 at 06:51 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Only because the old dominate media has worked hard to confuse the issue.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Another shot fired in that war of ignorance. Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    The issue is confused on our side too as most pro gun people ignore the martial aspect of the right to bear arms.

IMO, it's also confused because I believe the full auto regs are the same as bans on flash hiders or bayonet lugs.

Further, I believe that if we completely deregulated them that mass shootings would be less deadly on average. The reason is the shooters would probably use full autos. They usually aren't the black market types of peoole. Adam Lanza probably could not have found anyone to buy weed from, much less a full auto rifle. So, they'll assume machine guns are more deadly than semi-autos (like 99% of the population does), buy one and plan their attack. When they carry it out, they'll spray bullets everywhere, hitting the ceiling and walls more than people, spend more time reloading, and run out of ammo quicker.

There are just so many layers of retardation when it comes to gun control, you could spend days cataloguing it all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    snippp...

Adam Lanza probably could not have found anyone to buy weed from,

snipp...

bad analogy...

quote: Law enforcement sources familiar with the test results said that Lanza, 20, had no traces of alcohol or any illegal drugs such as cocaine or marijuana in his body. The sources also said that there is no trace of antidepressants or anti-psychotic medications. unquote http://articles.courant.com/2013-10-...icology-report

there also was no report lanza was self medicating from his untreated quote ...severe and deteriorating internalized mental health problems... Medical experts at Yale University had called for drastic measures to help Adam Lanza in the years before...those calls “went largely unheeded” by his mother...had sought to appease her son and was inclined to accommodate his disabilities rather than treat them. unquote http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/ny...says.html?_r=0

ipse

added:
    OC for me, the psycho babble also believes due to lanza's added to correct misapplied term: emaciation height/weight caused cognitive impairment and in some circles quote: Emerging research suggests that there are both clinical and biological links between autism and schizophrenia unquote, lanza was early staged schizophrenia.
    Last edited by solus; 06-21-2016 at 01:24 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Ok, sounds like you're supporting my claim. My point was Lanza would not be able to find an illegal automatic weapon. If he had easy legal access to a full auto, I believe he would have chose that so he could play soldier better.

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    the psycho babble also believes due to lanza's emancipated height/weight caused cognitive impairment and in some circles quote:
    Babbling. Emancipated? Do you even read what you try to write? There's a little caca-worm in your word salad.

Banned
    Sure, they don't understand the difference semi v auto.

All they understand is "it can shoot many bullets".

There is no doubt an AR can do just that.

Question is: would you rather have a person shooting at you from a gun that is semi-auto only or fully-auto only?

I would pick fully auto only myself. This is one argument to make....one that an average person can understand.

Also, nothing wrong with owning either or a select fire.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    bad analogy...

quote: Law enforcement sources familiar with the test results said that Lanza, 20, had no traces of alcohol or any illegal drugs such as cocaine or marijuana in his body. The sources also said that there is no trace of antidepressants or anti-psychotic medications. unquote http://articles.courant.com/2013-10-...icology-report

there also was no report lanza was self medicating from his untreated quote ...severe and deteriorating internalized mental health problems... Medical experts at Yale University had called for drastic measures to help Adam Lanza in the years before...those calls “went largely unheeded” by his mother...had sought to appease her son and was inclined to accommodate his disabilities rather than treat them. unquote http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/ny...says.html?_r=0

ipse

added:
    OC for me, the psycho babble also believes due to lanza's emancipated height/weight caused cognitive impairment and in some circles quote: Emerging research suggests that there are both clinical and biological links between autism and schizophrenia unquote, lanza was early staged schizophrenia.
    Unfortunately, I have requested to inspect the sandy hook shooting records at the state police....they refuse to provide access.

Don't believe what the police tell you....of course, you already know that.

Go ahead and call the state police and ask to view the records ... in CT, a verbal request just to inspect is A-OK. See Para 23:
    http://www.state.ct.us/foi/2007FD/20...IC2006-480.htm

And no need to ID ones-self either. See Para 31:
    http://www.state.ct.us/foi/2011FD/20...IC2010-765.htm

So anyone wishing to inspect the sandy hook (dec 2012) records that the state police have one simply just needs to call ... 860-685-8190

Anyone who actually gets a response saying that records are ready for inspection, then PM me and I'll go over and inspect them and get copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Babbling. Emancipated? Do you even read what you try to write? There's a little caca-worm in your word salad.
    i do read what i read thanks... for asking...now do my fingers type what i ask them to so the wonderful spell check can know what i thought i meant...

NO!!

thanks, the offending word which caused your sensibilities to my post has been corrected to the proper term i meant.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-21-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain