• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast 6/25/2016

scouser

Not the usual posting you're used to seeing, but Grapeshot is not going to be able to attend a local breakfast this coming Saturday owing to other commitments. Also, I'm out of the mix for this weekend too. So, anyone with any ideas of where and what time to meet for breakfast this coming Saturday please feel free to make suggestions here.

OC breakfast on Saturday, June 25th at 9:00 AM

Rise and Shine Diner
Atlee Shopping Center
10372 Leadbetter Rd.......... Directions
Ashland, Va.
23005-3420

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanner

Shot in the dark

Im guessing Sidestreet would prefer Rise and Shine on accout of it's convenient geographical location. After a long days (nights) work, and a meal, I imagine the drive home feels longer than it is. The closer the better?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Im guessing Sidestreet would prefer Rise and Shine on accout of it's convenient geographical location. After a long days (nights) work, and a meal, I imagine the drive home feels longer than it is. The closer the better?
Step into the breach Sir Tanner, pronounce it so.

sidestreet

Hi guys...,

personally, I absolutely love Rise & Shine for a number of reasons, being close to home is just one of many reasons. It doesn't have to be at 8:00 a.m. either, but if no one else wants to make the decision, I will, Rise & Shine at 9:00 a.m., is that a better compromise for time?

Of course if someone else has a better idea, put it out here, please don't wait for the last second.

One thing I can say for Rise & Shine, last week, Grape ate everything on his plate!!! I have never personally witnessed that feat before, would seem to be quite a testimony on several fronts. ;>)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

sidestreet

Thanks scouser...,

1st post edited to reflect sidestreet's executive decision

you'll have to show me how to do that some day.

Tanner and I had a great breakfast at Rise & Shine, afterwards we had some very enjoyable conversations with the owner of the Diner. One of the most memorable quotes was when he said what a relative used to say about certain people that were "so crooked that when they died, they didn't bury them, they just screwed them into the ground".

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.