Thread: ss. Badger

ss. Badger

I'm planning a trip from Ludington to Wisconsin on the uss badger .
    I have a CPL and was planning to keep my gun locked up in my car while on the trip across the lake then driving north back to michigan and around, are there any known issues?
    Thank You

Banned
    You mean SS Badger (not USS).

I don't see an issue.

Wis and Mi are both carry states un less the ferry line has specic rules I don't know why you need to lock it up

I searched their web site and didn't see any thing mention about firearms.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 06-23-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You mean SS Badger (not USS).

I don't see an issue.
    uss was a typo, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Wis and Mi are both carry states un less the ferry line has specic rules I don't know why you need to lock it up

I searched their web site and didn't see any thing mention about firearms.
    I could be mistaken, and I only found the information on Wikipedia...but it appears the SS Badger is run by the Lake Michigan Ferry Service. It appears to be operated and maintained by the state, so given that, state property. And if my memory serves me correctly, its legal to carry on property "owned" by the State of Michigan. Can someone correct me please if I am wrong?
    Last edited by Tucker6900; 07-02-2016 at 12:44 AM.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Depending on their policy, you may need to declare it to the Capt. if you are going to carry it on your person during the voyage. If you are locking it up then you have nothing to declare. Either way it shouldn't be an issue.
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    I could be mistaken, and I only found the information on Wikipedia...but it appears the SS Badger is run by the Lake Michigan Ferry Service. It appears to be operated and maintained by the state, so given that, state property. And if my memory serves me correctly, its legal to carry on property "owned" by the State of Michigan. Can someone correct me please if I am wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetal View Post
    Depending on their policy, you may need to declare it to the Capt. if you are going to carry it on your person during the voyage. If you are locking it up then you have nothing to declare. Either way it shouldn't be an issue.
    imho - NO NEED TO DECLARE ANY MORE - IS AN EXTENSION OF THE STATE HIGHWAY SYSTEM.

http://www.ssbadger.com/news-media/us-10-designation.html

https://wcmu.org/news/?p=16822
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    I'm planning a trip from Ludington to Wisconsin on the uss badger .
    I have a CPL and was planning to keep my gun locked up in my car while on the trip across the lake then driving north back to michigan and around, are there any known issues?
    Thank You
    I was the first one at the entrance to the uss badger for loading cars, there is a sign that reads you must declare your weapons and there is a guard with a dog checking cars for explosives.
    I told him that there were two hand guns locked in the back of my jeep and the guard said that was fine and to keep them lock up in the jeep.

Banned
    I was the first one at the entrance to the uss badger for loading cars, there is a sign that reads you must declare your weapons and there is a guard with a dog checking cars for explosives.
    I told him that there were two hand guns locked in the back of my jeep and the guard said that was fine and to keep them lock up in the jeep.
    I would not declare. That's lizzurd thinking.

How do you know the dog was not there checking for drugs v. explosives? They have a warrant to search your vehicle with the dog? RS or PC? Then its assumed to be a search in violation of the 4th amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I would not declare. That's lizzurd thinking.

How do you know the dog was not there checking for drugs v. explosives? They have a warrant to search your vehicle with the dog? RS or PC? Then its assumed to be a search in violation of the 4th amendment.
    I did not say they searched any cars, They walked around them with the dog.

I did not say they searched any cars, They walked around them with the dog.
    then surreptitiously cars were searched...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain