Thread: Congressman Says His Constituents ‘Shouldn’t Have to Carry a Gun’

Congressman Says His Constituents ‘Shouldn’t Have to Carry a Gun’

New Yorkers, when will you replace Mr Rangel. He is the problem along with Mr. Schumer. Mr Rangle suggested to a reporter that his constituents don't need to carry a gun but he deserves armed security.
    Tuesday night, Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) was speaking with a reporter from the Daily Caller about a recently exposed scandal involving some members of the NYPD selling access to concealed carry permits when he laughingly stated that his constituents “just shouldn’t have to carry a gun.”

When asked about the armed security protecting him and the rest of the members of Congress, he answered, “I think we deserve, need to be protected down here.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/22/ra...tection-audio/

Banned
    The ideas of this wacko supports the argument that we need spicy guns.

NY folks love this guy .... death will take him soon, he's old.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    That's OK, Charlie Rangel's self imposed tax exempt status and his self imposed amnesty for his back taxes that are due and owing is proper since being a congressman and war hero.

Gun ban in NYC is not a federal issue...Sullivan Act.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    That's OK, Charlie Rangel's self imposed tax exempt status and his self imposed amnesty for his back taxes that are due and owing is proper since being a congressman and war hero.
    The new York reps and senators and the California reps and senators want all other states to follow the laws of their states!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by law abider View Post
    the new york reps and senators and the california reps and senators want all other states to follow the laws of their states! ny and california
    fify
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

This point of view has been around for at least 180 years...

In 1836....shortly after the Alamo.....and the Battle of San Jacinto....one of the delegates to the first Texas Constitution Convention ...voiced his opinion ...that...

"In a civilized democracy no man should feel the necessity to go armed against against a fellow citizen".

Needless to say his suggestion was dismissed as evidence of insanity....
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 06-26-2016 at 04:40 PM.
    "Extremism ALWAYS brings about its own destruction " ( Sir Edmund Burke)

Jim Sherwood

Quote Originally Posted by rushcreek2 View Post
    This point of view has been around for at least 180 years...

In 1836....shortly after the Alamo.....and the Battle of San Jacinto....one of the delegates to the first Texas Constitution Convention ...voiced his opinion ...that...

"In a civilized democracy no man should feel the necessity to go armed against against a fellow citizen".

Needless to say his suggestion was dismissed as evidence of insanity....

needless to say...ya'll got a cite for that there statement???

i would hate to dismiss it as evidence of insanity...

ya know what i mean...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I think she'd be as excited to appoint this guy. I think she owes him. (j/k):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Satan_2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	13157

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Gun ban in NYC is not a federal issue...Sullivan Act.
    Not a federal issue...YET. But it should be.

2nd and 14th amendments. You know, kind of like the 1st and 14th, 4th and 14th, 5th and 14th....

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

A federal Court of Appeals panel has rejected a constitutional challenge to New York's handgun licensing law, a ruling state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is hailing as a major victory for public safety.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...ntry-1.1692852
    Does this qualify as a federal issue?

The American Constitutional Society, a national group that tracks constitutional and legal issues, recently held a seminar on Heller and McDonald and heard from experts who claim 200 federal court decisions have come down since then, and not one has overturned a gun regulation law on the basis of the Second Amendment.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...t-law-20150817
    It will be good if this suit gains the status as buttressing Heller & McDonald.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare