Thread: There's the right way... And then there's the wrong way...

There's the right way... And then there's the wrong way...

Heading into my seventh year of open carry, my twenty-fifth year of concealed carry, my thirty-first year as a message forum administrator, my forty-forth year of firearms use, and my fifty-third year of life, I've learned a few things:

1. Local, county, state, and federal representatives will at least occasionally provide you with a personal response to your e-mails and letters, provided you're polite, stick to the facts, cite your sources, minimize the emotions, and use proper communication commensurate with their position of authority. If they don't, or you disagree with their responses, you're welcome to "fire" them by voting for the other guy, even joining the other guy's campaign team.

2. Emotional appeals are on everyone's back burner, these days. We're tired of them. Legislators are tired of them. Consumers are increasingly well-informed. The gen-X/Y crowd grew up with that crap and rejects it, entirely. So, stick with the facts, and make sure it's "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." Case in point, the crap I received from Dudley Brown today -- all emotional appeal. That does more harm than good.

3. Insults might make you feel good, but they degrade the cause.

4. The enemy of what is good, right, noble, and true deals primarily in lies. Learn to properly identify deceit, counter it with substantiated truth, and move on.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Yep, there's a "Hot Topic" for ya, a personal jeremiad. We all gottem and they all stink.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Some people will understand and others will not.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 06-24-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    snip...

4. The enemy of what is good, right, noble, and true deals primarily in lies. Learn to properly identify deceit, counter it with substantiated truth, and move on.
    commonly called critical or logical thinking which is a dying art amongst this society's citizens. pity!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Jeremiad - woes is me. Where is that 800 number I can call to solve my problem?

"There's the right way... And then there's the wrong way..." And there is my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Some people will understand and others will not. Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; Today at 11:34 AM.
    D'ya think after five years that he finally noticed? Will we'll well learn or not.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

For the regular riff-raff, this wasn't aimed at you. I'm sorry you didn't understand that. It was implied. Now it's not.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.