Thread: Gun salesman-in-chief: 52,600 a-day under Obama, more seen under Hillary

Gun salesman-in-chief: 52,600 a-day under Obama, more seen under Hillary

Under Obama, background checks for guns reached 141.4 million through the end of May, amounting to sales of about 52,600 a day, according to the FBI. Last year, the FBI conducted more than 23 million background checks, which are generally used to figure sales of new and used weapons.

Domestically, manufacturers have reported producing about 21,000 guns a day, or more than 46 million in Obama's first six years in office.
    [ ... ]
    Justin Anderson, marketing director for Hyatt Guns in Charlotte, N.C.: "This is likely the beginning of a long rise in gun sales leading up the election. Should Hillary Clinton take a significant lead, it will only boost these sales."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gu...rticle/2594961
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-27-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I want to jump on the bandwagon, but my wife said if we buy anything else we were going to have to get rid of something because we have too much stuff. But I still want a Mosin Nagant, just because, and this seems like maybe a good time. Well, I hope she doesn't miss her food processor...
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    I want to jump on the bandwagon, but my wife said if we buy anything else we were going to have to get rid of something because we have too much stuff. But I still want a Mosin Nagant, just because, and this seems like maybe a good time. Well, I hope she doesn't miss her food processor...
    hold out and save your pennies for FN's P90 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90#Variants

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    You can always get a new wifey ....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You can always get a new wifey ....
    Most likely would cost a lot more then a new firearm.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Good luck finding a Nagant at a low price anymore.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Good luck finding a Nagant at a low price anymore.
    Not so bad really.
    https://www.slickguns.com/category/rifles?caliber=12
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I paid less than 100 each for mine. ..

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 07-03-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I purchased a 39 Tula Mosin about 5 years ago for $141 including the Ga states sales tax (7%). It was still in cosmoline and generally very good condition.

It isn't much of a high value rifle or any such. But is it rather potent, rather accurate and if you think about it, it very likely helped keep the German Army out of Stalingrad.

Don't mean much in general, but still kinda cool. No you cannot purchase it.

Va_Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Interesting to see the rise in prices.

My hex-receiver Mosin Nagant was $99.95 in Mar 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    It seems as if I was with a "like-minded" group then as I obtained two that I have been wanting for a couple of years.
    ^^^
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

... I still want a Mosin Nagant, just because, and this seems like maybe a good time. ...
    Take your time. In ten years, that will be the only thing allowed to still be sold.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I really don't like the idea of jumping on bandwagons...but I do admit that once I decided a few months ago that hillary was going to be the next president I started several builds and made several purchases of items I expect to be illegal a year from now.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand