Thread: Missouri governor says he'll veto GOP's plan to loosen state gun laws

Missouri governor says he'll veto GOP's plan to loosen state gun laws

Missouri governor says he'll veto GOP's plan to loosen state gun laws

Disclaimer
    (Any and all credit goes to the original writer of the article and owner of the website where the is link and the content is hosted. This is a for your information in case you missed this article.)
    Last edited by Renegadez; 06-27-2016 at 09:41 AM.

sigh...

Proposed changes to Missouri gun laws

• Establish lifetime permits for Missouri residents to carry concealed weapons.

• Set a lifetime permit fee at $500. The current fee for a 5-year permit is up to $100.

• Create a “stand your ground” right, meaning people would not have to retreat from danger in any place they are legally entitled to be present.

• Allow carrying concealed guns in Missouri without permits.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

me "Sighs" as well

Thank you, Solus, for posting a summary for discussion.

While a lifetime permit is a step in the right direction, there should be no need for it to be any more expensive. Permits are supposed to pay for their own administrative costs, not turn profits for governments.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-27-2016 at 10:09 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

And it's been vetoed, I'm sure it will come up again in the veto override session in September.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It was expected.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Yeah, he's term limited this year and has been very veto happy with the Republican supermajority for a while now. I'm pretty sure this will be overridden.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    It was expected.
    +1 I think most of us did.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Ya never know...a St. Charles senator (R) voted with liberals and killed a veto override in the past.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Why not make the permit $20 bucks for life? Whats the real point of making it cost this much? Could it be that they don't want many to have this right? Still do the background check, still do the training, make it $20 bucks. What the argument against that?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skin'erback View Post
    Why not make the permit $20 bucks for life? Whats the real point of making it cost this much? Could it be that they don't want many to have this right? Still do the background check, still do the training, make it $20 bucks. What the argument against that?
    Follow the money, less income.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.