• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Misdemeanor Domestic Violence = lose RKBA

beebobby

"Armstrong was found with six firearms in 2010, just two years after his second conviction for assaulting his wife.
Police found Voisine's rifle after he was arrested in 2009 on a federal charge of killing a bald eagle. Voisine had two convictions for assaulting a domestic partner, as well."
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/06/27/reckless-assault-means-no-guns-high-court-holds.htm

They both sound like fine examples of the last people I would want in the militia.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
"Armstrong was found with six firearms in 2010, just two years after his second conviction for assaulting his wife.
Police found Voisine's rifle after he was arrested in 2009 on a federal charge of killing a bald eagle. Voisine had two convictions for assaulting a domestic partner, as well."
http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/06/27/reckless-assault-means-no-guns-high-court-holds.htm

They both sound like fine examples of the last people I would want in the militia.

Well, these are the people that make constitutional tests. I have no issue with the guy possessing firearms.

MarkD51

Some other worries, is what doctors and nurses are pulling today.

An example that happened to me 2 months ago:

I take my 84 year old terminally ill mother to see her PCP, who's not even actually an MD Doctor here.

My mother being so ill, and these turds here will poke and prod, but basically are about as worthless, and liked as a **** in a swimming pool.

My mother is so ill, in so much excruciating pain from a back procedure a month prior in El Paso. (yeah, a $103K procedure, and she's still crippled) That, and extremely poor digestive system that's failing. (I'll get to that later)

Anyway, she's in so much pain, she happens to tell the one shitheel nurse that she is in so much pain, she wishes she were dead, and while she'd never ever do such, she thought of times of wishing to have a gun to blow her brains out.

I get her home, tell her I'm stepping out to hand in her prescriptions at the local pharmacy, and get a couple other items, and will be right back.

As I come back, I see an Ambulance parked in front of my house. What I didn't see because they were real slick basturds, was not only 3 EMTs in my house, but also 2 Police Officers. They happened to park all the way down the block and walked into my home.

As I walk into my front door, I must've arrived just seconds after they entered my home, as my 12 year old dog heard these people, and was walking from my bedroom to the kitchen to investigate. And the one officer who didn't see me walk in, was withdrawing a 24" steel baton, and getting ready to put my dog in a coma.

I of course quickly diffused the situation, telling him "WTH kind of mickey mouse **** is this"?!

He retracts his baton once he sees the dog is friendly, and I rush into the bedroom to see what's going on with my mother? Yep, you guessed it, the POS nurse was the one who called the EMTs and the Police, a suicide situation in home in the process. (What a **** she was, and concerned about crap, couldn't have cared a rat's ass about my mother)

Cops ask me if I have any firearms in the house? I ask why? They said, "Just in case we ever have to come back here again, so we know". I told them, I refuse to answer that question. The next words out of my mouth was. "You have entered my home, and I do not wish you in my home without personal consent". They said they were within their rights, and I said, "Oh no, not without a search warrant you ain't". Please stand out on my porch.

They complied.

Three weeks later, my mother was back at the same dump, taken from there by ambulance directly to the ER. The very next morning, they removed her entire Colon (Colostomy) in an emergency surgery. That was 3 weeks ago.

I'm actually more afraid, and distrusting of Police here, than worry of criminals. It's like a police state.

NM is pretty much the bottom of the barrel for everything (except a darn burrito) Surely not a place you want to get sick, injured, or ill in. Disgusting, and pathetic are gross understatements.

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned

And Miranda and OJ weren't/aren't the kind of guys that any sane person wanted to see walking the streets. But it is usually such less-than-savory individuals who end up as the test cases to define the limits of constitutional protections for the accused.

More importantly, as the Supreme Court has ruled, the right to keep and bear arms is NOT limited to those who are involved in military or militia service. Settled law as the Progs like to say about SCOTUS decisions.

Only a lying piece of Prog crap would continue to make any attempt to connect the individual RKBA to some requirement to be in the militia.

An honest discussion the conditions and duration of loss of RKBA for criminal conduct would be perfectly legit. But drive-by sniping with deceitful, Prog talking points is just so much trolling.

Charles

utbagpiper

Banned
Tyrants rarely will allow you your RKBA ....

The ruling is disappointing, but hardly surprising. It is a shame that it was brought before the current court as opposed to waiting to build some additional case law regarding the individual right to KBA before tackling such a hot button issue as "wife beaters" getting to carry guns.

Remember, however, that the court did not rule that a person convicted of DV must lose his RKBA. They only ruled that the current federal law is permissible. While the courts have not granted relief from the infringements of Lautenberg, they have not foreclosed political relief.

Elections have consequences. We should do all we legally can to have those consequences be favorable to RKBA.

Charles

Freedom1Man

The bar for "domestic violence" is a very low bar that those in power constantly try to lower.

It does not take much of a testimony. You only get 6 jurors (in Washington at least) and everything is weighted against the accused.

I have been one of the accused.

In Washington the bar is so low that if you get into a fight with a former spouse, partner, or roommate even years later you can be charged with DV even if you do not take the first swing.

The encounter could just be unintentional on your part even. Even if they track you down to start something you get to suffer.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dario

I've been on the wrong end of a DV charge as well with no evidence other than what she said. For my troubles I spent a weekend in jail and was offered several plea deals from a female DA - complete with threats of permanent loss of RKBA, 2 years of anger management classes at my expense and about a year in jail if I refused. Three months of random drug tests, temporary loss of RKBA and $3000 in legal fees later I was acquitted by a jury of 4 women and 2 men with a female Judge presiding.

I'm living proof that not talking to the police or taking a plea bargain does work! Though it was a long and bumpy ride...

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

The bar for "domestic violence" is a very low bar that those in power constantly try to lower.

It does not take much of a testimony. You only get 6 jurors (in Washington at least) and everything is weighted against the accused.

I have been one of the accused.

In Washington the bar is so low that if you get into a fight with a former spouse, partner, or roommate even years later you can be charged with DV even if you do not take the first swing.

The encounter could just be unintentional on your part even. Even if they track you down to start something you get to suffer.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Even the definition of what constitutes "violence" has been lowered. Given how "microaggressions" :)rolleyes:) these days warrant death threats and physical violence from the "tolerant" crowd, it wouldn't surprise me if DV eventually included raising your voice to quiet a person screaming in the middle of a hospital.:(

I've been on the wrong end of a DV charge as well with no evidence other than what she said. For my troubles I spent a weekend in jail and was offered several plea deals from a female DA - complete with threats of permanent loss of RKBA, 2 years of anger management classes at my expense and about a year in jail if I refused. Three months of random drug tests, temporary loss of RKBA and $3000 in legal fees later I was acquitted by a jury of 4 women and 2 men with a female Judge presiding.

I'm living proof that not talking to the police or taking a plea bargain does work! Though it was a long and bumpy ride...

Therein lies the answer. Keep your mouth shut, speak through your lawyer, and hope your recorder caught everything.

pkbites

Don't know how it is in other states but in Wisconsin it's even lower than low. The standard includes anyone you have ever resided with, even previously. The nature of the relationship is unimportant. So if you run into your old college roommate whom you haven't seen in over 50 years and punch him in the nose it's domestic violence. How absurd.

If your wife slaps you because she caught you with a prostitute it's DV and she'll lose her RKBA. But if you smack a hooker because she told your wife it's misdemeanor battery but you won't lose your RKBA.

Next it will be any misdemeanor. Then any infraction of law. The antis will simply not stop until everyone, except them, are completely disarmed. Which is why we cannot compromise anything. EVER!

solus

Colorado has implemented one of the most aggressive judicial responses to DV that i have seen in the country. that you made it through the DOJ gauntlet is a statement to your good luck, as most succumb, even with legal representation.

the CO Div Criminal Justice's Domestic Violence Offender Management group has, since the first of the new century, convinced the state's legislature to generate and impose a huge program, which includes mandatory sentencing guidelines of 52 weeks of group therapy at perp's expense, jail time, and so forth. this has benefited the 'providers' of such programs tremendously. oh, did i fail to mention the DV group is comprised of these providers!!

to the credit of the nice CO LEs, they are taking the time to determine who is the DV perp, and as such, women perps in CO have risen higher than the national average which prompted a huge outcry from national women's organizations, but the LEs stuck to their stats and which showed women are causing DV in significant numbers. they are now a gaggle of women going through the CO DV program.

ipse

beebobby

Colorado has implemented one of the most aggressive judicial responses to DV that i have seen in the country. that you made it through the DOJ gauntlet is a statement to your good luck, as most succumb, even with legal representation.

the CO Div Criminal Justice's Domestic Violence Offender Management group has, since the first of the new century, convinced the state's legislature to generate and impose a huge program, which includes mandatory sentencing guidelines of 52 weeks of group therapy at perp's expense, jail time, and so forth. this has benefited the 'providers' of such programs tremendously. oh, did i fail to mention the DV group is comprised of these providers!!

to the credit of the nice CO LEs, they are taking the time to determine who is the DV perp, and as such, women perps in CO have risen higher than the national average which prompted a huge outcry from national women's organizations, but the LEs stuck to their stats and which showed women are causing DV in significant numbers. they are now a gaggle of women going through the CO DV program.

ipse

DV calls are one of the most dangerous situations for LEOs to get involved in. I wonder what percentage of LEO injures/deaths are committed by female DV offenders.