Thread: Mossberg 500 stock/pistol grip

Mossberg 500 stock/pistol grip

Best tactical stock (folding or sliding) and pistol grip for the mossberg 500? Nothing too expensive

Better all around deal. Stevens 320. IMHO anyway.

Nemo

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sava...action-shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    Better all around deal. Stevens 320. IMHO anyway.

Nemo

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sava...action-shotgun
    I have the shotgun I just need a stock and pistol grip offline

It doesn't really fit into the inexpensive category, but I turned my Mossberg 500 into a bullpup.

Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    It doesn't really fit into the inexpensive category, but I turned my Mossberg 500 into a bullpup.

That looks sick do you know of any inexpensive stocks and pistol grips? I'm wondering if this is just the sling or the stock and the pistol grip also?
    http://shop.opticsplanet.com/specter...FdgIgQodt3MJeg

Any info would be appreciated!

Last edited by 1245A Defender; 06-28-2016 at 11:33 PM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I've always found it interesting that many (most?) gravitate to pump shotguns for home defense. Myself, I prefer semi-auto.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Dump the Mossberg IMO all together ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TAdgtaJttU

^^ that's what ya really want....

Really truly want I mean....

I have a Blackhawk Knoxx recoil stock w/"Power Pak" on my 500 Cruiser. Quick search finds Walmart online has the stock and "power pak" which is a cheek piece and side saddle for under $95 if bought together.

I like it for a short range tactical shotgun. Mainly got it because my wife didn't like slugs with regular stock, but I like it too. Wouldn't want it on a skeet shooter.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Last edited by Maverick9; 06-29-2016 at 04:07 AM.

ATI Gunstocks and furniture.

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I've always found it interesting that many (most?) gravitate to pump shotguns for home defense. Myself, I prefer semi-auto.
    I had someone I respect tell me that semi's are the sexy blond that everyone wants to take home from the party and pumps are the homely girl sitting by herself in corner. One of them will do what you want, when you want and the other may or may not, depending on her mood and how much work you've put into it.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Taypo View Post
    I had someone I respect tell me that semi's are the sexy blond that everyone wants to take home from the party and pumps are the homely girl sitting by herself in corner. One of them will do what you want, when you want and the other may or may not, depending on her mood and how much work you've put into it.
    My Pump,,, sits in the corner, by the fridge, for days, weeks, months...
    She is ready, willing, and able,,, even Eager to "Put Out" whenever I Ask!!

ps.. I think she is a Stevens,, made for Sears,, only mark I can read is,, xxxxexr..
    I really dont know,, thought it had a bucking horse stamp,, mabye said Ranger??
    Got it for too much,, with the hammer broke in half,,, welded that back together,, works fine...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I have an 870 rebuilt and punched out by Wilson Combat with ATI furniture, how I knew of ATI. It does sit quietly in the corner of the bedroom, ready to bark birdshot then buckshot.

The trapshooting league keeps after me, "Oh, you have a shotgun, come shoot!" They don't understand the difference, in my mind at least, between sport and self-defense, between toy and tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I have an 870 rebuilt and punched out by Wilson Combat with ATI furniture, how I knew of ATI. It does sit quietly in the corner of the bedroom, ready to bark birdshot then buckshot.

The trapshooting league keeps after me, "Oh, you have a shotgun, come shoot!" They don't understand the difference, in my mind at least, between sport and self-defense, between toy and tool.
    I thought about sending my 870 to Wilson or Vangcomp, but I have a hard time justifying the cost for a gun that gets shot a couple times a year. I did put a Magul foreend on it, though. I've got my ammo mixed as well - first two are bird, the rest are PDX1.

I have the same issue with friends - they know I'm a gun guy and automatically get invited to go hunting/skeet/etc. Just not my thing, although I may start playing around with IDPA when the weather cools. At least that one has a bit of crossover to the defensive side.

My Wilson Combat bill was $200 maybe 15 years ago. Be careful or be cautioned about too much LG chat.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-29-2016 at 09:57 AM.

One thing to keep in mind is where the safety switch is on the Mossberg. If it's the tang safety, it is unnatural to use with a pistol gripped stock. It appears that the bullpup kits incorporate their own safety, but I've not looked too closely at them.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Mossberg 12 G home defense. Sucker shoots like a dream and is 100% legal to own by mere Citizens such as you and I.

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mossberg 12G short.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	13159

and this little beauty has a 14 inch barrel
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 06-29-2016 at 10:28 AM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    [ ... ]and this little beauty has a 14 inch barrel
    IIRC that's standard short barrel length as the limit is measured from the breech face.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Can someone help me install this? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dog View Post
    Can someone help me install this? Anyone??
    I have only dealt with 4 different Mossberg stocks but here's what I know - all of them had a long allen head bolt that screws into the back of the receiver. The 3 rifle type stocks came with a quite long allen wrench of proper size to remove/install it. The pistol grip can be accessed with a standard allen wrench.

All I've ever had to do is use that long allen wrench to remove/install the installation bolt. That's all there was to it. I have removed/installed a speedstock similar to your pic except it was a rifle type not a pistol grip. Same thing except I'm pretty sure I had to remove 2 screws to take off the butt pad which gives access to the bolt head (been a while).
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dog View Post
    I have the shotgun I just need a stock and pistol grip offline
    You can probably get the 320 for the price of the stock and grip for the 500.

Nemo