Thread: Anyone Own A Makarov in Wake/Johnston County?

Raleigh, NC

Anyone Own A Makarov in Wake/Johnston County?

I'm interested in these fine works of art and I may end up buying one sometime soon. I've only ever held one and it was at a Gun Show. I'm looking for someone who owns one that would let me fool around with it and maybe you know of a place for Outdoor Target Practice where I could test it out (For free)? Let me know!

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

While I own one (it is my primary carry), there are a few problems...

1) I live nowhere near you.
    2) I don't let people "try out" my firearms
    3) I don't have a lot of acreage with a berm to make my own outdoor range.
    I could keep going, but you get the picture....

Though you are right - they are highly functional works of art.

North Carolina
    I don't loan out my firearms either, and don't own a Makarov. Though I do have a PA-63, and SMC380. IMO a Makarov is a tad expensive for a CC firearm when there are less expensive new guns available with a warranty. A Bersa Thunder is about the same price new as a Mak, better ammo selection than 9X18 and better holster availability.

You should be able to rent a Thunder to try one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."