• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault pins must be banned

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
th

This is a common pen. It generally requires two hands to operate. It's designed to write love letters.

th

This is an assault pen. It is designed to be rapidly deployed using only one hand. This assault pen is usually used to write criminal complaints. It is a weapon of war. In the hands of criminals this assault pen can be used to write ransom notes.

Anyone on the no fly list should not have access to these assault pens.

Please stand with me in eradicating these dangerous writing instruments. These assault pens have no place in our society.

Last edited:

hafnhaf

while i realize that some people can not hear the difference between the words "pin" and pen" (like my wife), and some can not enunciate the difference between the two, I didn't realize that some people don't know that the two words are actually different. It's a PEN.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I assume that this is a reference to CA wanting to ban ARs via a "button" prohibition?

A AR does not need a mag catch or release to operate though ... a friction fit would suffice.

The problem for the lizzurds is the same problem that folks have with banks ... you can tell them what they cannot do but they don't write laws specifying what charges they can charge (instead saying what they cannot charge) ... so banks just find other things to charge for. Same with guns...if one actually reads the laws its not hard to get around gun prohibitions.

Lose the button and go to a friction fitted mag? That would make the gun more effective IMO.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
BB62 is not going to like this one bit. ...
Well, since BB62 didn't post the initial post, and since BB62 knows the difference between various words (unlike at least one clearly less-educated individual - that being the OP ;)), BB62 has no problem with your pedantic approach to the matter.

:banana:

Firearms Iinstuctor

My mother had assault hat pin about 3 inches long she used to assault her misbehaving children in church with.

After a single poke the misbehaving child no longer misbehaved.

Thus it was a single poke stopper making it a very powerful assault pin.

solus

Well, since BB62 didn't post the initial post, and since BB62 knows the difference between various words (unlike at least one clearly less-educated individual - that being the OP ;)), BB62 has no problem with your pedantic approach to the matter.

:banana:

can i print it and pin it on the cork board for future reference?

ipse

The Truth

...snip...some of your groupies don't seem to share all of the qualities that you possess and you seem to have failed to properly educate some of your hangers on. I suggest that unless they can present themselves a little bit more professionally, that you ban them from your presence and not let them hang around with you until they can do so.

+1 lose the plebs.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Payback bides its time. You will always have to watch out. Payback is unforgiving and always comes when you least expect it.;)

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran

Pedantic!?

Hi, gutshot. If I might be so bold, is there any chance you could please [
STOP YELLING?

Not only is it entirely inappropriate, but it tends to be annoying as hell. "Speaking" in anything larger or more bold than default font and size on message forums also has been considered for a very long time (30+ years) as extremely rude online behavior.

Thank you, from the Internet Community at large and (probably) most of us here on this forum. :)

- since9

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Hi, gutshot. If I might be so bold, is there any chance you could please [
STOP YELLING?

Not only is it entirely inappropriate, but it tends to be annoying as hell. "Speaking" in anything larger or more bold than default font and size on message forums also has been considered for a very long time (30+ years) as extremely rude online behavior.

Thank you, from the Internet Community at large and (probably) most of us here on this forum. :)

- since9
Some don't always get the message. gutshot has a special exemption to the normal rule. I'm an old fart and sometimes have a tough time with small print. Even though gutshot is older than dirt he has some sight issues which most of us old timers know about, thus special exemption.

Personally, I don't need to put on my reading glasses when reading gutshot's posts which I appreciate.

Now you know.....

Infidel

th

This is a common pen. It generally requires two hands to operate. It's designed to write love letters.

th

This is an assault pen. It is designed to be rapidly deployed using only one hand. This assault pen is usually used to write criminal complaints. It is a weapon of war. In the hands of criminals this assault pen can be used to write ransom notes.

Anyone on the no fly list should not have access to these assault pens.

Please stand with me in eradicating these dangerous writing instruments. These assault pens have no place in our society.

This is an Assault Pin!
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/niUAAOSwepZXSjx5/s-l300.jpg

Last edited: