Thread: Robert Braid CEO of A.T. Cross pen sales revenue to buy, destroy assault rifles

Robert Braid CEO of A.T. Cross pen sales revenue to buy, destroy assault rifles

Robert Braid CEO of A.T. Cross large company that sells high end writing instruments and accessories has a new pin out saying revenue from pen sales would be used to buy, destroy assault rifles. He has intentions of later adding additional items to sale for additional review. I plan on sending them an e-mail letting them know how I feel about their anti 2nd Amendment stance and their total disregard to the Constitution of the USA.

http://www.cross.com/service-and-sup...ontact-us.aspx

Pen caps cause over 100 deaths a year by people playing with the cap in their mouth and swallowing it.

An article in The American Journal of Forensic Medical Pathology entitled "Use of a pig model to demonstrate vulnerability of major neck vessels to inflicted trauma from common household items" describes all the ways you can stab people with stuff you're allowed to take through airport security, like pens and plastic knives. Commonly available items including a ball point pen, a plastic knife, a broken wine bottle, and a broken wine glass were used to inflict stab and incised wounds to the necks of 3 previously euthanized Large White pigs. With relative ease, these items could be inserted into the necks of the pigs next to the jugular veins and carotid arteries. Despite precautions against the carrying of metal objects such as knives and nail files on board domestic and international flights, objects are still available within aircraft cabins that could be used to inflict serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. If airport and aircraft security measures are to be consistently applied, then consideration should be given to removing items such as glass bottles and glass drinking vessels. However, given the results of a relatively uncomplicated modification of a plastic knife, it may not be possible to remove all dangerous objects from aircraft. Security systems may therefore need to focus on measures such as increased surveillance of passenger behavior, rather than on attempting to eliminate every object that may serve as a potential weapon.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 07-03-2016 at 05:59 PM.

I remember, back in the day, when the Elite Buggy Whip Company sold a limited production model, and promised to use the profits to buy and destroy personal pleasure devices.

I have a case of Mont Blancs, Koh-I-Noors, and Rapidograph 3060's from when I worked. Now my wife makes sure that I always have a Japanese Pilot G-2 at hand.

As a private amateur EMT I did train to use an pen body in an emergency tracheostomy.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-03-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I use to really like Cross pens; I liked to give Cross pen sets as presents. I shall NEVER buy another that's for sure.

Founder's Club Member
    I was gifted a Cross "gold filled" (whatever that meant) pen and pencil set for graduation.

They looked pretty.

But, to tell you the truth, the best writing instruments I ever owned were Papermate Slimline pens. Gone now some years. (sigh) The ballpoint glided like silk over glass.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I'm a fan of the immortal Parker Jotter. I started a trend with my sheriff's office by using them. Their latest version has a very smooth action that doesn't jam.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

All I could find was this 6-month-old article about AK-47s in Africa...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300193981.html

Can someone please help us out with a direct cite to the present offense?

Quote Originally Posted by garand_guy View Post
    I'm a fan of the immortal Parker Jotter. I started a trend with my sheriff's office by using them. Their latest version has a very smooth action that doesn't jam.
    I still have several Parker Jotters, probably all > 30 years old. I have some Cross Pen/Pencil sets too. They're all old school, but there's some charm in that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    All I could find was this 6-month-old article about AK-47s in Africa...

Can someone please help us out with a direct cite to the present offense?
    I saw it today on MSNBC caught the end of the video. I too tried to find a link and was going to post it no such luck. I had it on my DVR. I tried to do a search on MSNBC and had no luck.

only thing i can located and its fm dec 15 re gun violence in africa...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

How many pens with a 5% profit margin on a $20 pen does it take to buy back a $500 assault weapon for destruction? Assume cost of destruction is $20/unit. Mailing costs another $35. Assume advertising is a PSA so it is 'free' under 1A license requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I saw it today on MSNBC caught the end of the video. I too tried to find a link and was going to post it no such luck. I had it on my DVR. I tried to do a search on MSNBC and had no luck.
    Thanks. I'm not doubting you, I'd just like more detail/clarity before I act.

If you wish to write to Cross, their email is consumerre@cross.com (found at http://www.cross.com/contenttemplate...ame=Contact_Us)

My email to them:
    Gentlemen,

I heard that you plan to use pen sales revenue to purchase and destroy “assault rifles.”

Although your plan will accomplish nothing and will be a huge waste of money, I should thank you because it will provide a boost in sales of the extremely popular AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. AR-15 manufactures will appreciate the benefit you provide by manufacturing and selling more! And that will be a wonderful thing for them and our struggling economy!

Make no mistake. The AR-15 is NOT an “assault rifle” by any reasonable definition of the term. It is, however, a well made and extremely popular sporting rifle and is suitable for defensive purposes.

It is unconscionable that people like you are so ignorant concerning 2nd Amendment rights and the facts concerning firearms safety and crime prevention/control.

2nd Amendment supporters will no doubt boycott your products. And that will be a very good thing.

Sincerely,

Founder's Club Member
    Hmmm.

I wonder. Maybe the gun guys should just attack.

For example, "Why on earth would the US military sell its assault rifles to Cross pens?"

Or, "CEO Robert Braid announced his intention to illegally acquire assault rifles without going through the full process with BATF for acquiring a machine gun. Intent to destroy the assault rifles after acquisition is no defense. It is a serious violation of federal law to possess an assault rifle without the required paperwork."

Or, "Last I heard, an assault rifle costs between $8K and $12K, depending on make and mileage. How many pens does Braid need to sell to buy one assault rifle?"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hmmm.

I wonder. Maybe the gun guys should just attack.

For example, "Why on earth would the US military sell its assault rifles to Cross pens?"

Or, "CEO Robert Braid announced his intention to illegally acquire assault rifles without going through the full process with BATF for acquiring a machine gun. Intent to destroy the assault rifles after acquisition is no defense. It is a serious violation of federal law to possess an assault rifle without the required paperwork."

Or, "Last I heard, an assault rifle costs between $8K and $12K, depending on make and mileage. How many pens does Braid need to sell to buy one assault rifle?"
    not in African nations...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Lets me get this straight ...

The CEO wants to buy some rifles ... no issue there, right

Then he wants to destroy his rifles .... no issue there, right

He needs to stop sucking on his pens ... but he can do what he wants with his property.

I'll bet his ballpens only write to 250 meters .... LOL

I'll sell him my rifles at 3K a pop .... (I make more for him to buy too !)

I'll even etch them with "KILL KILL KILL" to make them even more assaultier !

I sent them a love note also.

http://www.cross.com/catalog/product...T0706-9(Cross) Sorry for the misinformation his program is actually in some war-ravaged African nation, not here I did miss the first part of the report.

URL above gives a 404 error.

http://www.cross.com/catalog/product...T0706-9(Cross) Sorry for the misinformation his program is actually in some war-ravaged African nation, not here I did miss the first part of the report.
    Please post the proper link.

Va_Nemo

Banned
    Washington DC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    Please post the proper link.

Va_Nemo
    This is the Cross product, with an explanation of its backstory:

http://www.cross.com/writing-instrum...nderie-47.aspx

28kfps -- Thanks for following up on the TV news story and letting us know.

Each purchase of a Fonderie 47 pen enables the destruction of 50 AK-47 (hence the '47' Fonderie). The Fonderie 47 features a bit of AK-47 black metal in the cap inset. Chi-chi nonsense for people with more cents than good sense.

Actually its 10.

Seems much more steel in an AK-47 than would be in a moniker disc.

Does each AK-47 really have an authentic, unique serial number? From all the places they are made I wonder if they all really cooperate to get serial numbers unique.

Nemo

http://www.cross.com/catalog/product...T0706-9(Cross)

Each pen purchased funds the destruction of ten AK47 weapons in Africa.

Each fountain pen features an 18KT gold-filled finish, a moniker disk of reformed AK47 steel, and the unique serial number of a gun destroyed to create it. Your purchase funds the destruction of ten more AK47s.

Center band bears the authentic, unique serial number of a destroyed AK47