Thread: Political truths. Through the transom window defenestrated.

Political truths. Through the transom window defenestrated.

Date: July 4, 2016 at 8:36:58 AM CDT
    To:

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno~

The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII~

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop~

If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these State of the Union speeches, there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven. ~Will Rogers~

Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev~

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow~

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John Quinton~

Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you. ~Author unknown~

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor andcampaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from theother. ~Oscar Ameringer~

I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about me.....I will stop telling the truth about them. ~Adlai Stevenson, 1952~

A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. ~ Tex Guinan~

I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle~

Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson~

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen. ~Will Rogers
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

yet, amidst all the quips about politicians of the eons, we are still stuck with the likes of hillary, trump, johnson

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - twain autobiographical dictation, 12 September 1907.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    yet, amidst all the quips about politicians of the eons, we are still stuck with the likes of hillary, trump, johnson

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

ipse
    What did Twain have against monkeys?

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

ipse
    Well, if people stopped voting (at all) then the politicians would not have any "mandate" but would all likely figure out that instead of spending time voting, people were filling up all their clipazines instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

+1
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

They kept running for office.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    They kept running for office.
    I know you were not trying to be contradictory. So, no offense. Just using your comment as a jumping off point.

--------------------------------------------

No self-respecting monkey would ever stoop so low. Honest animals will simply eat you; they won't lie to you that somehow they are working for your benefit and that you owe them your allegiance and forbearance.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-04-2016 at 09:02 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.