Thread: Time to buy a dash cam.

Time to buy a dash cam.

After seeing this video, I wonder how they will spin the story that will allow the cop to walk. It doesn't matter if it is a middle class black man out for a drive with his girlfriend and child, or a white West Point combat veteran shopping at Costco, the state will find an excuse to execute those with the temerity to exercise their constitutional rights.

https://youtu.be/FjsvORLYBIk
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-09-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: fixed title
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, it wa supposed to be "dash cam", but the edit button won't allow me to edit the title. 😠
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Sorry, it wa supposed to be "dash cam", but the edit button won't allow me to edit the title. ��
    Go to EDIT, then GO ADVANCED near the bottom.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-07-2016 at 10:08 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The video does not show anything that lead up to the shooting or the shooting it's self.

Not enough information to form an opinion on the shooting yet.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Or, possibly, complying with a police order.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

On the new video on the latest LEO shooting is not clear. Known to have a weapon and threats from him issued, the LEOs were hyped to begin with. Armed man refuses commands and a physical interaction begins. Tussling on the ground one LEO yells "Gun" and it cannot be seen on video.

We will be going to an event this weekend and altho we do not expect violence, there seems to be a pattern of it.

For this reason we will set a few "go-pros" to record all interaction with the public.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Or, possibly, complying with a police order.
    Refusing means instant execution .. Judge Dredd style.

However, the video does not show what happened before. But given the guy is sitting .. I would guess that he did nothing to warrant being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    . But given the guy is sitting .. I would guess that he did nothing to warrant being shot.
    Why do you think that a sitting person would/could not be dangerous.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

hasn't had the common sense beat out of him by tacti-cool CQB training
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Why do you think that a sitting person would/could not be dangerous.
    Not saying that one cannot be dangerous but its more likely not.

And another example of the racist basis of gun control:

Dallas Police ID Wrong Man as Suspect http://thebea.st/29BgVrh via @thedailybeast

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Totally different perspective - shines a light in some new places.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Sorry, I don't buy it. First, while they share similar features, it is definitely not the same guy. Second, there is no way that if the officer had seriously believed that the individual was the suspect in question that he would have approached the vehicle in that manner. They would have instructed over loudspeaker that the SUSPECT exit the vehicle in plain sight.

This is simply a case, I'm afraid, of CWB, or carrying while black. It breaks my heart to see my fellow citizens who are simply exercising their natural rights being martyrd for the cause. Lest we forget, gun control was FOUNDED in racism.
    Last edited by Boomboy007; 07-09-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Sorry, I don't buy it. First, while they share similar features, it is definitely not the same guy. Second, there is no way that if the officer had seriously believed that the individual was the suspect in question that he would have approached the vehicle in that manner. They would have instructed over loudspeaker that the SUSPECT exit the vehicle in plain sight.

This is simply a case, I'm afraid, of CWB, or carrying while black. It breaks my heart to see my fellow citizens who are simply exercising their natural rights being martyrd for the cause. Lest we forget, gun control was FOUNDED in racism.
    But they confirmed it. After all, he's black, right?