Thread: Every PD will want a bomb-deploying robot now?

Banned

Every PD will want a bomb-deploying robot now?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dallas-ro...174913665.html

Innocent until blown to bits, eh?

Nize.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I realized that the odds of Dallas being the one and only city that just happened to have one are pretty small.

It is a standard option for the Northrup Grumman Remotec Andros SWAT/Law Enforcement line.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

NYPD has already praised its use and claimed they have at least one of their own.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    NYPD has already praised its use and claimed they have at least one of their own.
    Then I want two, and a squadron of unregistered drones for high altitude recon.

Most medium-sized cities have a robot. Ours does.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    From what I have heard, this was actually a ROV used for taking a close look at a suspect package (possible bomb). The DPD jury-rigged an explosive device (hand grenade?) on the end of the ROV's extendible arm.
    While that MAY have been a smart, safe use to take out the assassin, the fact remains the police played "judge/jury/executioner". There may not have been any other way, depending on the layout of the building the shooter was in, but I wonder why they didn't look for an alternative. Could they have blown out a wall or ceiling, possibly collapsing it on the shooter, either incapacitating or immobilizing him?

Just wondering - -.
    From what ive picked up on local media and the rumor mill here in town (Nope, no credible sites or links) it was a chunk of C4 and det cord - they used the overpressure to get him, rather than frag. Supposedly he was ducked behind a concrete barrier of some type in a corner. Again, thats just what I'm hearing. Dont mistake that for a fact.

As far as pulling the pin on him, I've got no issues with it whatsoever. Sniper takes him out or Wall-E squishes his internals with a boom...all the same to me as long as the good guys get to go home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Taypo View Post
    From what ive picked up on local media and the rumor mill here in town (Nope, no credible sites or links) it was a chunk of C4 and det cord - they used the overpressure to get him, rather than frag. Supposedly he was ducked behind a concrete barrier of some type in a corner. Again, thats just what I'm hearing. Dont mistake that for a fact.

As far as pulling the pin on him, I've got no issues with it whatsoever. Sniper takes him out or Wall-E squishes his internals with a boom...all the same to me as long as the good guys get to go home.
    Until they bomb you ...

I've been told by a high gov't official that many .govs are out for my blood.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-11-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Here's a fair-use quote from an interesting article I read:

What little I’ve read are brief news interviews with legal professors, most of whom parrot the police claim that this killing was for the “protection” of the officers. This isn’t credible since barricaded suspects who are surrounded can do no harm to anyone but themselves. He didn’t have explosives.

Instead, they sent in a robot with a bomb and detonated it. Unprecedented, even in militarized police America.
    What will happen the next time police send in a robot to “talk” to a suspect? Might this now trigger a suspect to attack, kill hostages, or set off hidden explosives? Who will trust a police robot now?

I found it here: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/07/...ecution-robot/
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Philly PD dropped a bomb by helicopter in a residential neighborhood in 1985.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/14/us...ladelphia.html

Who should trust the cops now?

It has already been established that killing a citizen in cold blood using an airborne robot is legal and righteous. Now we have a citizen killed in hot blood using a ground pounder robot argued as justified and arguably legal.

Slip sliding down that slippery slope.

​The ethics of a police robot bomb

Banned
    These .govs guys love the bomb ! If only they knew how simple it is to produce an atomic bomb (like 100 yr old technology).

I expect if the use of .gov bombs increase that we'll see mushroom clouds. Maybe not today or tomorrow but sooner than these bomb-loving idiots think.

Americans love to one-up .govs and we are show-offs.

Be careful what you wish for gov't man .... your get your bombs....

I heard that he was simply the pastsy.

That there were at least 4 shooters.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I heard that he was simply the pastsy.

That there were at least 4 shooters.

Meaning that they could not locate others .. so we'll just blow up this one and no one would be the wiser....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Meaning that they could not locate others .. so we'll just blow up this one and no one would be the wiser....
    Meaning that the others were on big brother's payroll and the one left behind may or may not have been alive just before the blast.

The concept of this thread not even addressing the false flag/patsy argument until now, shows that the government is still being trusted by too many people for the security of liberty.

Like McVey, where is the body? He was a pasty and may not even be dead.

Besides from what I have heard that it was mostly/only good cops whom were killed.

Last edited by Freedom1Man; 07-14-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Meaning that the others were on big brother's payroll and the one left behind may or may not have been alive just before the blast.
    The concept of this thread not even addressing the false flag/patsy argument until now, shows that the government is still being trusted by too many people for the security of liberty.
    Like McVey, where is the body? He was a pasty and may not even be dead
    Besides from what I have heard that it was mostly/only good cops whom were killed.
    the spinning of the web to tell the tale(s) has been discussed on the forum of late...

of course, the government is trusted...ask them

if their tales are sealed by the courts so citizens can not provide oversight or if oversight is accomplished, those doing it are degraded to conspiracy theorists or not good citizens. remember woodward and bernstein were discredited when they first ran their stories much as snowden has been...fortunately, woodward and bernstein didn't have to leave the country...

wait, seems i remember a member bringing up such a claim about the pentagon's attack...they immediately got dismissed as a conspiracy theorist...hummm

as for the body, i am sure it was hosed off and went down the drain, as they supposedly used (correct for my inital typoit was a brick +/- a pound not a 450 oz) of c4 in a confined, close quartered concrete structure.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 07-14-2016 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added correction
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

LOL. 28+ pounds of C4. A robot suicide bomber.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL. 28+ pounds of C4. A robot suicide bomber.
    Has the death/destruction of the robot been confirmed?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Has the death/destruction of the robot been confirmed?
    Has the use of 450 ounces of C4 been confirmed? My presumption is that 450 ounces of C4 was not used.

Presume means true absent contrary evidence.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-14-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Has the use of 450 ounces of C4 been confirmed? My presumption is that 450 ounces of C4 was not used.

Presume means true absent contrary evidence.
    28 X 16 = 448
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    It is strange that a few hours into the news I was watching they were adamant that there were multiple shooters "triangulating" their fire on police. I even remember them indicating the general area where the elevated shooters were on either side of the street.
    Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 07-14-2016 at 11:15 AM.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand