• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Every PD will want a bomb-deploying robot now?

The Truth

NYPD has already praised its use and claimed they have at least one of their own.

Taypo

From what I have heard, this was actually a ROV used for taking a close look at a suspect package (possible bomb). The DPD jury-rigged an explosive device (hand grenade?) on the end of the ROV's extendible arm.
While that MAY have been a smart, safe use to take out the assassin, the fact remains the police played "judge/jury/executioner". There may not have been any other way, depending on the layout of the building the shooter was in, but I wonder why they didn't look for an alternative. Could they have blown out a wall or ceiling, possibly collapsing it on the shooter, either incapacitating or immobilizing him?

Just wondering - -.

From what ive picked up on local media and the rumor mill here in town (Nope, no credible sites or links) it was a chunk of C4 and det cord - they used the overpressure to get him, rather than frag. Supposedly he was ducked behind a concrete barrier of some type in a corner. Again, thats just what I'm hearing. Dont mistake that for a fact.

As far as pulling the pin on him, I've got no issues with it whatsoever. Sniper takes him out or Wall-E squishes his internals with a boom...all the same to me as long as the good guys get to go home.

davidmcbeth

Banned
From what ive picked up on local media and the rumor mill here in town (Nope, no credible sites or links) it was a chunk of C4 and det cord - they used the overpressure to get him, rather than frag. Supposedly he was ducked behind a concrete barrier of some type in a corner. Again, thats just what I'm hearing. Dont mistake that for a fact.

As far as pulling the pin on him, I've got no issues with it whatsoever. Sniper takes him out or Wall-E squishes his internals with a boom...all the same to me as long as the good guys get to go home.

Until they bomb you ...

I've been told by a high gov't official that many .govs are out for my blood.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Here's a fair-use quote from an interesting article I read:

What little I’ve read are brief news interviews with legal professors, most of whom parrot the police claim that this killing was for the “protection” of the officers. This isn’t credible since barricaded suspects who are surrounded can do no harm to anyone but themselves. He didn’t have explosives.

Instead, they sent in a robot with a bomb and detonated it. Unprecedented, even in militarized police America.
What will happen the next time police send in a robot to “talk” to a suspect? Might this now trigger a suspect to attack, kill hostages, or set off hidden explosives? Who will trust a police robot now?

I found it here: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/07/mike-holmes/summary-judgement-execution-robot/

davidmcbeth

Banned

These .govs guys love the bomb ! If only they knew how simple it is to produce an atomic bomb (like 100 yr old technology).

I expect if the use of .gov bombs increase that we'll see mushroom clouds. Maybe not today or tomorrow but sooner than these bomb-loving idiots think.

Americans love to one-up .govs and we are show-offs.

Be careful what you wish for gov't man .... your get your bombs....

Freedom1Man

Meaning that they could not locate others .. so we'll just blow up this one and no one would be the wiser....
Meaning that the others were on big brother's payroll and the one left behind may or may not have been alive just before the blast.

The concept of this thread not even addressing the false flag/patsy argument until now, shows that the government is still being trusted by too many people for the security of liberty.

Like McVey, where is the body? He was a pasty and may not even be dead.

Besides from what I have heard that it was mostly/only good cops whom were killed.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

solus

Meaning that the others were on big brother's payroll and the one left behind may or may not have been alive just before the blast.
The concept of this thread not even addressing the false flag/patsy argument until now, shows that the government is still being trusted by too many people for the security of liberty.
Like McVey, where is the body? He was a pasty and may not even be dead
Besides from what I have heard that it was mostly/only good cops whom were killed.
Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

the spinning of the web to tell the tale(s) has been discussed on the forum of late...

of course, the government is trusted...ask them

if their tales are sealed by the courts so citizens can not provide oversight or if oversight is accomplished, those doing it are degraded to conspiracy theorists or not good citizens. remember woodward and bernstein were discredited when they first ran their stories much as snowden has been...fortunately, woodward and bernstein didn't have to leave the country...

wait, seems i remember a member bringing up such a claim about the pentagon's attack...they immediately got dismissed as a conspiracy theorist...hummm

as for the body, i am sure it was hosed off and went down the drain, as they supposedly used (correct for my inital typoit was a brick +/- a pound not a 450 oz) of c4 in a confined, close quartered concrete structure.

ipse

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

It is strange that a few hours into the news I was watching they were adamant that there were multiple shooters "triangulating" their fire on police. I even remember them indicating the general area where the elevated shooters were on either side of the street.

Last edited: