Thread: Aioli reserve cop Kevin Michalowski misstates law at WaPo.

Aioli reserve cop Kevin Michalowski misstates law at WaPo.

Michalowski said. He said Wisconsin requires permit holders carrying guns to alert police ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-demonstrates/

Wisconsin Statutes § 175.60(2g)(c) requires a "lawful demand."

Volunteering the presence of a legal gun will be taken as a threat. Volunteer nothing, everything said will be used against interest. Wisconsin is a traditional Open Carry state, wherein openly carried guns are not regulated even as lightly as concealed guns, and are not required to be volunteered to a cop.

NEVER EVER take legal advice or instruction from a cop allowed to entrap the credulous.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-09-2016 at 09:20 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WaPo
    Some use the traffic stop to ambush a cop, perhaps because they are in flight from another serious crime or, frighteningly, for no reason at all. And there are now some 12 million people out there with licenses for concealed handguns. On Friday morning, a police officer in a St. Louis suburb was ambushed and shot several times following a traffic stop, authorities said.
    Wow, what a purposely misleading non sequitur!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Wow, what a purposely misleading non sequitur!
    I think this FUD found a sympathetic ear and went off message. Thank goodness I've never cracked the cover of the rag that he edits.

My SC gun rights group authorized only particular activists to speak for them, the ones that could stay on message and twist the sound-bite to fit any question. "Is the sky blue today?" "Why yes, we also enjoy the RKABA!"
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WaPo article
    Kevin Michalowski, who is executive editor of the USCCA’s Concealed Carry magazine and also a part-time police officer in rural Aiola, Wisconsin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Aioli reserve cop Kevin Michalowski misstates law at WaPo

Michalowski said. He said Wisconsin requires permit holders carrying guns to alert police ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-demonstrates/

Wisconsin Statutes § 175.60(2g)(c) requires a "lawful demand."
    From Iola to mayonnaise... in only two steps! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iola,_Wisconsin

Misquoting, anyone? LOL
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.