• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not helping: Cop's explantion for shooting Castile: "display of gun"

Repeater

So, the new narrative from the attorney who represents Police Officer Jeronimo Yanez, the cop who shot Philando Castile, is that he had to shoot because:
He was reacting to "the presence of that gun and the display of that gun" when he opened fire on Castile, Minneapolis attorney Thomas Kelly told The Associated Press. He declined to elaborate on how Castile displayed the weapon or what led up to the deadly Wednesday traffic stop.was reacting to the actions of the driver," Kelly said. "This had nothing to do with race. This had everything to do with the presence of a gun."

So, it seems they have gone from racial profiling to open-carry profiling. Not helping.

Cop's lawyer blames driver's gun, not his race

We need to keep a close eye on how this narrative evolves as more facts come out.

WalkingWolf

His attorney should practice KYBMS, he is not helping his client with such statements. IF the gun was on his right side, and still in the holster I highly doubt he saw the gun. IMO he is now just making poop up.