• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dallas Mayor Condemns Open Carry After Murders

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The lack of knowledge (ignorance) and misapplication of facts does lend itself making statements inappropriately.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The simple truth is that the carrier was one of precious few individuals with the ability to DO SOMETHING about it, had it happened near him. The Monday-morning-quarterbacking BS is just proof of the ignorance of the politicians and their nature to control people as a higher priority than to protect people.

solus

there is that pesky concept of no tales being told as the spining of the web continues...

ipse

OC for ME

I am confident that a cop would have shot and killed a OCer who was defending himself from the shooter. This would be blamed on the OCer and not on the cop. The cops would lament the tragedy as unfortunate and completely avoidable if only the OCer were CCing, or better yet, had gone about unarmed for his own safety...then he would not have been shot by a cop.

Taypo

I am confident that a cop would have shot and killed a OCer who was defending himself from the shooter. This would be blamed on the OCer and not on the cop. The cops would lament the tragedy as unfortunate and completely avoidable if only the OCer were CCing, or better yet, had gone about unarmed for his own safety...then he would not have been shot by a cop.

Without bashing, I totally agree. I'm not quite sure what the "OC failed in Dallas" crowd thinks we should have been doing down there, but Rawlings is way out of his lane on this one.

Ezek

Haven't read the whole story yet, just the headline, will edit comment after doing so.

all I CAN say however is that is seems the mayor believes that LAC should act as interim law enforcement and assist them in ending the threat.

yet that posses a multitude of potential lawsuits should the LAC's who are carrying do that.

also this was a BLM movement, you know, the democratic" no one should have guns" crowd, not that many OC'ers in reality, and is he also suggesting they should open fire in a panicked public?

Edit:

have read the article and couldn't stop laughing at the incredilousness of this article.

had these LAC's not ran for their lives, organized and engaged the suspect, the cops would have SHOT THEM because they "BELIEVED" they where the shooters. rather then assessing first and then acting.

perhaps part of the problem is also the lack of a state militia to provide TRAINING for this type of situation to armed members of the public? or even the lack of a MILTIA office?

although the guys with body armor and a rifle just running screaming is kinda sad in a lot of respects...while they absolutely have no obligation to assist, they could have by directing the rest of the public to cover.

Last edited: