• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boerne has hit their radar

MP(Retired)

Posted if you haven't seen it yet:

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=85038

<MP-Retired>

Edited w/OP:

"Unfortunately, Boerne has hit the radar of the open carry gun nuts as the result of a youtuber. Not going to link to it but there are three videos. Two of which are disappointing in how the situations were handled by the officers and one where the the Kendall county deputy handled it very well. Not going to link to the youtube videos but they can be found by searching youtube for "Boerne 2nd Amendment" and "Kendall County 2nd Amendment". Now the outside nuts are planning to interject themselves into the situation. Should be interesting to see what impact all this has. For the most part, it all has been a non-issue until outsiders decided to come kick the ant pile."

Youtube links (for your direct viewing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwUz6XXt1ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvzbidMbK3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTwdX5hm1tI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29jCLlhXU0E

Last edited:

Maverick9

Something about a guy carrying a long gun and 'fishing' for LE interactions. Soapboxing. Not worth reading.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...I'm no longer welcome on that board after questioning He Who Shall Not Be Named's outright hostility to OC and habit of disappearing posts that are contrary to his beliefs
Ah, yes, someone as soft as Cotton.

And, that makes two of us.

stealthyeliminator

Meh. Looks like Boerne got a little free education and training.

Do you know who the poster was who is quoted in OP? "Two of which are disappointing in how the situations were handled by the officers ..." ... which is why people do stuff like this... It isn't unfortunate that unprofessional police responses were rooted up, it was fortunate that an activist volunteered to take the brunt of it. Any level of unprofessional disregard for rights is an issue, no level is a "non-issue."

"For the most part, it all has been a non-issue until outsiders decided to come kick the ant pile." If you don't want so-called "outsiders" (Texas is my home) rooting up your local PD's unprofessional disregard for people's rights then perhaps you should do a better job at housekeeping.

TXOC16

Nope, three

The list of those who have dared challenge Cotton the Great and were thusly banished forever into exile is a long and ever-growing one, indeed. Personlly, I wear my own banishment as a badge of honor. ;)

TXOC16

By the way, for those who are unaware and/or have not yet suffered the "Wrath of Cotton," Little Chuckie "Don't Call Me Napoleon!" Cotton is a former cop, a long-time attorney, an apparent life-long anti-OCer, and a multi-term NRA Board member. You should carefully consider the last data point when it comes time to cast your next Board vote if you are an NRA Life Member, as I am.

Taypo

The list of those who have dared challenge Cotton the Great and were thusly banished forever into exile is a long and ever-growing one, indeed. Personlly, I wear my own banishment as a badge of honor. ;)

Indeed.

I find it especially humorous that he's hiding the Open Carry section behind a registration wall so that his anti-OC drivel isn't nearly as exposed as it used to be.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It doesn't matter what state you are residing in, cops actually believe they are the true entitlement class and the citizen the true compliant class.

KBCraig

I was banished at least three times, because the Kult of Kotton aren't technically sophisticated enough to use IP bans. I finally grew tired of going back, because of their two-faced enforcement of forum rules. "No personal insults!" was the number one rule...unless you were an administrator or moderator. In that case, feel free to blast away, and ban anyone who questions it.

Cotton personally blasted OCDO, VCDL, and every Texas resident who dared approach the Legislature without going through Ye Olde Gatekeepers first.

MP(Retired)

It doesn't matter what state you are residing in, cops actually believe they are the true entitlement class and the citizen the true compliant class.

You're paint'n with a mighty large brush there pilgrim.
From that statement I must assume that you've visited EVERY state and met EVERY cop?
<MP(Retired)....and +20 years CIVILIAN LEO>

solus

You're paint'n with a mighty large brush there pilgrim.
From that statement I must assume that you've visited EVERY state and met EVERY cop?
<MP(Retired)....and +20 years CIVILIAN LEO>

got a quarter on CoL. :rolleyes:

ipse

added...forgot to say thanks for your service to our country

Last edited:

MP(Retired)

got a quarter on CoL. :rolleyes:

ipse

added...forgot to say thanks for your service to our country

It was my honor to have served Sir.
Not trying to be a butt to CoL....just don't really care for generalities, especially when it applies to my brothers and sisters in Blue.
<MP-Retired>