Thread: Is there an APP for that?

Is there an APP for that?

It occurred to me today there should be a smart phone application that details problems with legislation and citizen initiated initiatives.
    The poorly worded law we are strapped with because of I-594 may have been avoided if more folks knew the gory details.

The new citizen initiative I-1491 has a lot of gore and ambiguity as well.

The voter pamphlet gives a pro and con statement for proposed legislation but does not do justice because of the rules associated with the statement writing process.

I am about to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I am willing to help fund the development of a smart phone application that details problems with these "do something" proposals.

Is there anyone here that can write or knows someone who can write an AP ? Is there someone else here who will volunteer some time to debunk and pick apart these "do something" proposals so the information can be put into an Ap?

I don't use a smart phone so I have no idea if this is pie in the sky, or if it is even a good delivery system for what I describe.

The idea here is simple and direct, give the information to the voters and let them decide. I think if more people knew about the pitfalls of I-594 it would have turned out different.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

My gut instinct says the only people that will welcome such information, will already get it another way or, even more likely, already be skeptical about it.

While I have a smart phone, it is most definitely smarter than I am, and I use very few apps compared to most.
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-11-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Yep there is an app

Turns out there is an App for that.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...al-nra-ila-app

Has anyone used this? Just curious how well it was known, or not.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

For that kind of research I prefer my PC. Smartphone apps are often difficult to read and many times don't show as much information as a PC based app does.

Smartphones are nice but the good old laptop (also mobile) won't go away anytime soon. I do find my Smartphone very useful in situations like this when I use it as a Wifi hotspot so I have connectivity when a free wifi signal isn't available.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post

~Whitney
    not sure i truely wish to provide the overseers of the NRA's app that much insight of my personal information...

just saying

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post

~Whitney
    The core idea behind the NRA-ILA App is to help 2nd Amendment Supporters become more aware of current & pending legislation. One of the tools offered allows you to contact your Congressperson's office directly in DC. There are also links there for videos posted by NRA as well as petitions & articles.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    not sure i truely wish to provide the overseers of the NRA's app that much insight of my personal information...

just saying

ipse
    Depending on how gungho you want to be, it's really not much different than becoming an NRA Member. The overseers of the app are the NRA.