• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there an APP for that?

Whitney

It occurred to me today there should be a smart phone application that details problems with legislation and citizen initiated initiatives.
The poorly worded law we are strapped with because of I-594 may have been avoided if more folks knew the gory details.

The new citizen initiative I-1491 has a lot of gore and ambiguity as well.

The voter pamphlet gives a pro and con statement for proposed legislation but does not do justice because of the rules associated with the statement writing process.

I am about to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I am willing to help fund the development of a smart phone application that details problems with these "do something" proposals.

Is there anyone here that can write or knows someone who can write an AP ? Is there someone else here who will volunteer some time to debunk and pick apart these "do something" proposals so the information can be put into an Ap?

I don't use a smart phone so I have no idea if this is pie in the sky, or if it is even a good delivery system for what I describe.

The idea here is simple and direct, give the information to the voters and let them decide. I think if more people knew about the pitfalls of I-594 it would have turned out different.

~Whitney

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
My gut instinct says the only people that will welcome such information, will already get it another way or, even more likely, already be skeptical about it.

While I have a smart phone, it is most definitely smarter than I am, and I use very few apps compared to most.

Last edited:

amlevin

For that kind of research I prefer my PC. Smartphone apps are often difficult to read and many times don't show as much information as a PC based app does.

Smartphones are nice but the good old laptop (also mobile) won't go away anytime soon. I do find my Smartphone very useful in situations like this when I use it as a Wifi hotspot so I have connectivity when a free wifi signal isn't available.

mnrobitaille

Turns out there is an App for that.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160708/download-the-official-nra-ila-app

Has anyone used this? Just curious how well it was known, or not.

~Whitney

The core idea behind the NRA-ILA App is to help 2nd Amendment Supporters become more aware of current & pending legislation. One of the tools offered allows you to contact your Congressperson's office directly in DC. There are also links there for videos posted by NRA as well as petitions & articles.

mnrobitaille

not sure i truely wish to provide the overseers of the NRA's app that much insight of my personal information...

just saying

ipse

Depending on how gungho you want to be, it's really not much different than becoming an NRA Member. The overseers of the app are the NRA.