Thread: Jacksonville

Jacksonville

So I haven't posted in quite a while, but I came across something pretty rediculous today so I felt the need to post. So being a Marine we always have classes to attend. In this particular class a Jacksonville PD officer who has been with the force for 15 years said some rather disturbing and stupid statements. Somehow the subject got onto guns and then open carry. He went on to say that people that open carry in Jacksonville and Onslow county were going to be in for a rude awakening. He said that they are gong to be cracking down on open carriers. He went on to enumerate that since gas stations sell tickets they are off limits, Wal-Mart sells alcohol so it is off limits, and all it takes is one person to call on an open carrier to be charged with terror of the public. Lastly he said that banks like Navy Federal were Federal buildings and were off limits. I was steaming but at the same time I was dumbfounded. I have never heard such BS. I think I will be talking to the Chief of Police
    Last edited by Bahabandit; 07-13-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahabandit View Post
    So I haven't posted in quite a while, but I came across something pretty rediculous today so I felt the need to post. So being a Marine we always have classes to attend. In this particular class a Jacksonville PD officer who has been with the force for 15 years said some rather disturbing and stupid statements. Somehow the subject got onto guns and then open carry. He went on to say that people that open carry in Jacksonville and Onslow county were going to be in for a rude awakening. He said that they are gong to be cracking down on open carriers. He went on to enumerate that since gas stations sell tickets they are off limits, Wal-Mart sells alcohol so it is off limits, and all it takes is one person to call on an open carrier to be charged with terror of the public. I was steaming but at the same time I was dumbfounded. I have never heard such BS. I think I will be talking to the Chief of Police
    Pure BS - officer needs to be reprimanded and retrained.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Mission of the Sheriff's Office

The men and women of the Onslow County Sheriff's Office will strive, at all times, to provide for the peace and security of all residents and visitors to Onslow County. We will fairly and impartially enforce the Constitutional laws of the United States, the State of North Carolina General Statutes, and the ordinances of Onslow County.

mailto:Sheriff@onslowcountync.gov
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I have his name. You can best believe that.

I have his name. You can best believe that.
    Don't be shy, let him have it!

besides notifying the sheriff/under sheriff...contact the IA unit about the conversation...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    I hope you got his name and badge number.
    Badge #s are not for ID.

Cop should be fired...impossible to fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Badge #s are not for ID.

And what are they for?
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

... In this particular class a Jacksonville PD officer who has been with the force for 15 years said some rather disturbing and stupid statements. ...
    Definitely looking forward to reports of your follow-up.

Any new updates on this matter? I want to know because I open carry a lot, especially around Wal-Mart Area.