• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jacksonville

Bahabandit

So I haven't posted in quite a while, but I came across something pretty rediculous today so I felt the need to post. So being a Marine we always have classes to attend. In this particular class a Jacksonville PD officer who has been with the force for 15 years said some rather disturbing and stupid statements. Somehow the subject got onto guns and then open carry. He went on to say that people that open carry in Jacksonville and Onslow county were going to be in for a rude awakening. He said that they are gong to be cracking down on open carriers. He went on to enumerate that since gas stations sell tickets they are off limits, Wal-Mart sells alcohol so it is off limits, and all it takes is one person to call on an open carrier to be charged with terror of the public. Lastly he said that banks like Navy Federal were Federal buildings and were off limits. I was steaming but at the same time I was dumbfounded. I have never heard such BS. I think I will be talking to the Chief of Police

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So I haven't posted in quite a while, but I came across something pretty rediculous today so I felt the need to post. So being a Marine we always have classes to attend. In this particular class a Jacksonville PD officer who has been with the force for 15 years said some rather disturbing and stupid statements. Somehow the subject got onto guns and then open carry. He went on to say that people that open carry in Jacksonville and Onslow county were going to be in for a rude awakening. He said that they are gong to be cracking down on open carriers. He went on to enumerate that since gas stations sell tickets they are off limits, Wal-Mart sells alcohol so it is off limits, and all it takes is one person to call on an open carrier to be charged with terror of the public. I was steaming but at the same time I was dumbfounded. I have never heard such BS. I think I will be talking to the Chief of Police
Pure BS - officer needs to be reprimanded and retrained.

solus

besides notifying the sheriff/under sheriff...contact the IA unit about the conversation...

ipse

CHICO

Any new updates on this matter? I want to know because I open carry a lot, especially around Wal-Mart Area.