• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on Centurlink stadium and concert

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What is licensing in this context - please define. I suspect that whatever term is used, it will constitute a lease.

Generally/normally such use as I see referenced here comes under real estate contract law.

You rent a home or a business for a year or a day and you get to make the rules for your property.

--snipped--
........In September 1998 First & Goal signed a 30-year stadium lease that includes options to extend for another 20. .........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink_Field

therefore therock19, freedom1man, et al., it appears since the legislature abrogated to the seahawks OWNER complete and absolute legal control the complex, their policy(ies) win despite Washingtonian's contributing 300M & tax credits.
As noted, real estate law in the form of a lease becomes the deciding factor, not whether or not you have a concealed carry permit.

Not to worry though, the lease and automatic renewal will expire in 50 years - plenty of time to get it right next time. :p

amlevin

As noted, real estate law in the form of a lease becomes the deciding factor, not whether or not you have a concealed carry permit.

Not to worry though, the lease and automatic renewal will expire in 50 years - plenty of time to get it right next time. :p

I don't sweat it. Instead of fighting traffic, paying through the wazoo for parking, standing in line for hours, having people walk over my feet as they come and go during the event, getting beer spilled on me, and then having to repeat the ordeal on the way home, I just invested in a 55" 4k UHD TV set and a nice sound system.

Less wear and tear on EVERYTHING. Bonus, I don't have to wait in line for ANYTHING. I can even order food from Grub Hub or the like for less than it costs for parking.

Oh yeah, in my house I make the rules and I open carry wherever I like :)

Pro sports events are getting outrageous in cost. Last game I went to was in Mile-High Stadium and the cost for two was darn near $400 and that was for an "average" seat.

solus

I don't sweat it. Instead of fighting traffic, paying through the wazoo for parking, standing in line for hours, having people walk over my feet as they come and go during the event, getting beer spilled on me, and then having to repeat the ordeal on the way home, I just invested in a 55" 4k UHD TV set and a nice sound system.

Less wear and tear on EVERYTHING. Bonus, I don't have to wait in line for ANYTHING. I can even order food from Grub Hub or the like for less than it costs for parking.

Oh yeah, in my house I make the rules and I open carry wherever I like :)

Pro sports events are getting outrageous in cost. Last game I went to was in Mile-High Stadium and the cost for two was darn near $400 and that was for an "average" seat.

i was given two season tickets in the bronco's nose bleed area, parking was $30, climbed back down for the first round of beer and brats $40, second round same...oh while we are in town...dinner $125. for FREE TICKETS.

not to mention what you mentioned in your first paragraph...

HD TV, lounge chair, oh wait, let me walk to fridge and grab a sangria to go with the delivered pizza...quinched my desire to return to partake in further accepting FREE TICKETS!!

same for attending the baseball stadium w/more free tickets behind home plate...

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i was given two season tickets in the bronco's nose bleed area, parking was $30, climbed back down for the first round of beer and brats $40, second round same...oh while we are in town...dinner $125. for FREE TICKETS.

not to mention what you mentioned in your first paragraph...

HD TV, lounge chair, oh wait, let me walk to fridge and grab a sangria to go with the delivered pizza...quinched my desire to return to partake in further accepting FREE TICKETS!!

same for attending the baseball stadium w/more free tickets behind home plate...

ipse
When I was a young preteen, I was selected as an honorary batboy for a AAA farm club - picture adorned the front or back cover of the programs. Was given free season passes for 4 people for the entire home season - reserved box seats just off home plate on the 3rd base side AND free food and drink (no beer) for the duration. Those days are gone.

My mother was the lead architect/project manager for the stadium/ballpark major renovation. She was asked if she knew anybody suitable to pose for some test pictures - the rest is history.

BTW - got sick to my stomach as the test photos were being taken. They kept handing me food and wanted shots of me eating.

Wish I still had the several programs and a cherished satin monogrammed team jacket. Sadly, the entire crate of 'sporting goods' was stolen from permanent storage when my folks were stationed outside the USA.

Back then I don't recall any stadium rule on guns, but I was involved with JrNRA competitive shooting from the age of 8 yo.

Last edited:

TheRock19

Whaaaat?

Ethics lesson is not the point. Following the law is.

You broad brush insult a lot of people here - strongly advise you not repeat that action.

Please read the Forum Rules

The law is not an issue here. It wouldn't be against the law to carry somehwere, even if it says "no guns allowed", unless the place is specifically stated in the statutes. I strongly advise you to learn the law.

TheRock19

"Nobody is forcing you to be without protection in an unsavory area. It is your choice to buy or not buy a ticket to this venue."

Of course they are. My rights allow me to go about my business, and participate in any activities I deem fit, without illegally being disarmed while doing it.

TheRock19

"Whaaaat?

Ethics lesson is not the point. Following the law is.

You broad brush insult a lot of people here - strongly advise you not repeat that action.

Please read the Forum Rules"

Got a law to cite bud? Is there a law that says private property rules, assuming the stadium falls under that category, holds any legal weight?

If it doesn't fall under private property rules, then the law clearly states that publicly owned stadiums have to allow conceal carry. Either way, law is in my favor.

TheRock19

I know dude, for real. You ask a simple question about metal detectors and you get a million responses from Internet attorneys and moralists.

Just answer a dang question. No one asked for opinions. If you don't want to answer, or don't know, move along.

TheRock19

I understand how replying to posts work, thanks. It wasn't letting me and kept giving me some kind of error. So I just did it this way.

And thanks again. Been doing it so far in my life. But please, what do hospital fees (is that a threat?), fines and legal fees have to do with it? I've already stated legality of situations would be an issue, and I would follow laws. Obviously you can't understand it would not be illegal for me to carry into the stadium.

solus

nightmare might i trouble you for a slushy as i do believe the show is about to begin...

everyone silence their fones...

ipse

is 12 posts a record?

Last edited:

TheRock19

Oh, I've posted a lot more when I used to post on here often years ago. Now I'm remembering why I stopped going on these forums.

Thanks again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I know dude, for real. You ask a simple question about metal detectors and you get a million responses from Internet attorneys and moralists.

Just answer a dang question. No one asked for opinions. If you don't want to answer, or don't know, move along.
There is no problem with the quote function on OCDO. Posts will sometimes be directed to a Moderator for approval/disapproval either as a newbie or when previous problems have been noted.

You are not the arbitrator or decider of how people respond here. Our members/users contribute opinions, data, and other pertinent material that hopefully will resolve the question(s).

The question was asked and answered. The tenant/venue as a private property entity is legally entitled to make their own rules. That you do not like the answer, does not change that fact.

You have been warned about attacking/insulting people prior. Please cease with the personal remarks, lest a more stringent measure be deployed. There will be no additional warning.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have to wonder that if TheRock19 were given bad information from someone on this forum and he was then arrested doing what was suggested/answered, would he then blame OCDO for not answering correctly?

Take personal responsibility - verify, confirm for yourself.........or pay to get a legal opinion and hope it is accurate.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-- But please, what do hospital fees (is that a threat?), fines and legal fees have to do with it?
There have been those who in the course of being arrested have substained injury. We've all heard stories where the LEO was reported to have shouted repeatdly, "Quit resisting!"

Gutshot was just jerking your chain.

deanf

It's unethical for them to force me to be without protection in an unsavory area.
They're not. No one's putting a gun to your head to go there.
If it's legal, I can care less about their rules.
You mean "can't" care less? Think about it . . .
So unless someone who actually believes in the 2A cares to answer
Do you know that 2A doesn't apply on private property?

TheRock19

So people from other states who have no clue about WA law decided to give their opinions? Great, next time I'll look for a WA specific part of a forum...oh wait.

Again, it's not illegal, I don't care about people's rules. If it is private property, their rules have no weight, if it's public property, they can't disallow conceal carry, legally. That seems to be the argument. Either way, it's LEGAL. You can all return to your safe spaces now.

Funny how I'M the bad guy...

Yes, I used to post under a different name. I just rejoined because I forget my previous name since its been a few years, only because I wanted to ask one question that I thought would be easy to answer.

THANKS again.

Last edited:

TheRock19

Oh, and for the one poster...I didn't ask about legality, legal opinion, if I should or shouldn't, etc., I asked if anyone has been to a concert there specifically, and if they had metal detectors. That's it. No responsibility would or wouldn't be taken by the person answering, because there is none to take.

solus

So people from other states who have no clue about WA law decided to give their opinions? Great, next time I'll look for a WA specific part of a forum...oh wait.

Again, it's not illegal, I don't care about people's rules. If it is private property, their rules have no weight, if it's public property, they can't disallow conceal carry, legally. That seems to be the argument. Either way, it's LEGAL. You can all return to your safe spaces now.

Funny how I'M the bad guy...

Yes, I used to post under a different name. I just rejoined because I forget my previous name since its been a few years, only because I wanted to ask one question that I thought would be easy to answer.

THANKS again.

1. your question was easily answered..tis nobody's fault you didn't like the answer(s) and are still emotionalizing without providing any substantial rebuttal except your constant "they can't" or "private property have no weight"...at least members have provided documented rationale.

2. as advised...please conceal while trying to go through those pesky metal detectors on what you perceive, but have been shown differently, is public property.

please provide date/time/gate you are going through, so your ocdo fan club can watch.

finally i am sorry you feel have the perception you are the bad guy...couldn't possible be related to the attitude you have postured could it?

enjoy your visit to the stadium and the venue you want to see....w/o your firearm!

ipse

added, why do you perceive out of stater(s) can't read RCWs?

Last edited: