Thread: Bastille Day terror strikes in France. Base of Eiffel Tower ablaze. 60 dead in Nice

Bastille Day terror strikes in France. Base of Eiffel Tower ablaze. 60 dead in Nice

BASTILLE DAY MASSACRE ‘At least 60 dead and 100 injured’ as lorry crashes into crowd of revellers celebrating in France ‘terror attack’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/144761...terror-attack/

ALERTE : incendie au pied de la #TourEiffel !! Video :

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexisthi...10743753752576
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-14-2016 at 06:56 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    "At least 73 dead and 100 injured as lorry crashes into crowd of revellers celebrating in France ‘terror attack’

Witnesses describe an exchange of gunfire between the driver and police as terror fears grow after incident in Nice."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/144761...terror-attack/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Paris was just misfiring of fireworks.

Nice, however, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Paris was just misfiring of fireworks. Nice, however, not so much.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2712143

45 second walk down the street the truck drove down. Not for careless viewing.

Nemo

NOT FOR CARELESS VIEWING

https://www.facebook.com/ukipvideos/...type=2&theater

France should have stricter truck control:

They should close the private seller to private seller "truck loop hole".

All trucks should only be allowed to have a 10 gallon gas tank capacity so as to minimize wonton damage and destruction. A database of fuel purchasers must be created and each citizen wanting truck fuel must apply for a fuel license for any truck - the permittee will be subjected to a background check and personal interview from local CLEO before a fuel permit is to be issued.

All truck driver applicants should undergo a basic psych evaluation and background check with finger prints kept on record as well as 3 written references from friends who must hold professional accreditation in their job (Lawyer, Doctor, LEO, School Teacher etc...). In addition, the purchaser must prove a necessity for said "trucking" to the local CLEO and must submit to an in person interview - trucking permits may be issued to the requester on a "may issue" basis at the discretion of the CLEO or other head town or city official.

France should look to implementing "smart trucks" so they can be tied to one individual only and will only operate after iris scan identification.

Also, a new nation wide "assault truck" ban must take place immediately. An "assault truck" may be defined by any truck containing two or more of the five following features:

1. Total weight exceeds 6,000 lbs
    2. Truck has more than 4 wheels in total
    3. The truck has an "arm thing that goes up"
    4. The truck has a vertical shifter
    5. The fuel tank holds more than ten gallons of fuel

Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

Banned
    Why everyone should carry a 50 cal rifle with them ... truck stopping power.

Sad day for France.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    45 second walk down the street the truck drove down. Not for careless viewing.

Nemo

NOT FOR CARELESS VIEWING

https://www.facebook.com/ukipvideos/...type=2&theater
    Content not available.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. View Post

....snip

What about the NON-Manufacturer used truck dealer market? Have to limit all truck sales to authorized branded dealers only---- Kenworth trucks only available from a Kenworth dealer, Mercedes trucks ONLY from a Mercedes truck dealer etc.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-15-2016 at 06:11 AM. Reason: rule #19
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    What about the NON-Manufacturer used truck dealer market? Have to limit all truck sales to authorized branded dealers only---- Kenworth trucks only available from a Kenworth dealer, Mercedes trucks ONLY from a Mercedes truck dealer etc.

They should certainly pay for police to guard the truck so no one can steal it too.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-15-2016 at 06:12 AM. Reason: rule #19 in quote

All trucks should only be allowed to have a 10 gallon gas tank capacity so as to minimize wonton damage and destruction. A database of fuel purchasers must be created and each citizen wanting truck fuel must apply for a fuel license for any truck - the permittee will be subjected to a background check and personal interview from local CLEO before a fuel permit is to be issued.

All truck driver applicants should undergo a basic psych evaluation and background check with finger prints kept on record as well as 3 written references from friends who must hold professional accreditation in their job (Lawyer, Doctor, LEO, School Teacher etc...). In addition, the purchaser must prove a necessity for said "trucking" to the local CLEO and must submit to an in person interview - trucking permits may be issued to the requester on a "may issue" basis at the discretion of the CLEO or other head town or city official.

France should look to implementing "smart trucks" so they can be tied to one individual only and will only operate after iris scan identification.

Also, a new nation wide "assault truck" ban must take place immediately. An "assault truck" may be defined by any truck containing two or more of the five following features:

1. Total weight exceeds 6,000 lbs
    2. Truck has more than 4 wheels in total
    3. The truck has an "arm thing that goes up"
    4. The truck has a vertical shifter
    5. The fuel tank holds more than ten gallons of fuel

I have to agree with you. This is a common sense approach to assault truck violence. Anytime I see a truck in public with more than 4 wheels, a tank that can hold more than ten gallons, and a scary vertical shifter, well I just about pee my pants in complete fear. Thank you for having the courage to stand up to these assault trucks and call for a national ban. We must do it for the children and for a safer community.
    Last edited by OC Freedom; 07-15-2016 at 11:46 AM.

The best defense is a better offense,

like my 6,000# AWD, 22 gallons diesel fuel, American made, licensed from Germany, BMW X5. I wish I could have afforded the armored version, but as it is, the Run Flat Tires will have to be enough.

When folks criticize the RFT's my response is that they allow options in which bad neighborhood one stops. The security crew in Benghazi made good use of their unarmored BMW sedan on RFT's.

Banned
    In every killing where a person is mowed down with a truck, a truck has been involved.

All trucks should not be allowed to have a full compliment of wheels ... only 2 per truck should be allowed.

And the electronics should allow a non-operator outside the truck to disable its engine using the IPhone App "Stop that crazy truck".

I expect France to leave the EU over this.

This truck violence must stop, all other forms of violence are OK.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-15-2016 at 03:48 PM. Reason: rule #19
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founding Fathers Only Intended All Citizens to Have Wagons, No Assault-style Trucks

Bastille Day terror strikes in France. Base of Eiffel Tower ablaze. 60 dead in Nice

Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    I have to agree with you. This is a common sense approach to assault truck violence. Anytime I see a truck in public with more than 4 wheels, a tank that can hold more than ten gallons, and a scary vertical shifter, well I just about pee my pants in complete fear. Thank you for having the courage to stand up to these assault trucks and call for a national ban. We must do it for the children and for a safer community.
    Thank you for your support of this ban! I think I'll go find a billionaire and some corporate employee who has some PR experience (maybe a former employee of Monsanto or something). I will form: D.R.A.T. - Dads Really Against Trucks. I'm gonna make millions!!! Talk shows here I come!

Last edited by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.; 07-15-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

Banned
    Thank you for your support of this ban! I think I'll go find a billionaire and some corporate employee who has some PR experience (maybe a former employee of Monsanto or something). I will form: D.R.A.T. - Dads Really Against Trucks. I'm gonna make millions!!! Talk shows here I come!

I'll see you at the circuit ! TAK'M (Trucks Are Killing Machines) founder and president.