Thread: Sedro-Woolley Restaurant Owner Bans Sheriff's Deputies

Sedro-Woolley Restaurant Owner Bans Sheriff's Deputies

"Skagit County Sheriff Will Reichardt said on Facebook that after four deputies finished lunch at Lucky's Teriyaki in Sedro-Woolley Thursday, the owner asked them not to eat there anymore."

Article (reputable sources, Associated Press as re-published by Fox News)

Let's see how long it takes residents of Skagit County to employ the same boycott of "Lucky's" as We the People did against Target's politically correct but dead wrong policies involving both our Constitutional rights and their mind-boggling stupid bathroom policies.

"Reichardt says the deputies were told that customers didn't like law enforcement there."

I very seriously doubt this was the case. The only time a restaurant manager (assistant manager, actuallY) ever approached me about OC, he made the same claim about it "upsetting the other customers." Given the 30 seconds that elapsed since I'd walked in the door, I knew that was a lie. Since he used the word "request," I asked if he would mind if I had dinner, first. He looked perturbed, but didn't push it.

This was mid-afternoon and the manager arrived about fifteen minutes later to start preparations for the dinner crowd. The assistant immediately approached him about my OC, and the manager walked over to where I was sitting. He said, "I would like to apologize to you. You are more than welcome to carry here in our restaurant."

Outstanding!

I thanked with a hearty handshake and after a couple of minutes of banter, learned he was also a veteran.

As for the manager of Lucky's, let's see how "Lucky" they are when the free market responds with what I am sure will be a significant reduction in attendance.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Somehow I don't see a boycott of a "teriyaki joint" in a relatively remote area making any lasting statement. Even if successful they'll just change the name, put a different family member in charge, and business as usual.

This incident has been examined in the news and on most WA state "Gun Boards". The owner claims it was a misunderstanding brought about by language issues.

Regardless I'm not driving a few hours to go see if the issue remains. Since I never went there to begin with, does my not going there now count as a boycott
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Somehow I don't see a boycott of a "teriyaki joint" in a relatively remote area making any lasting statement. Even if successful they'll just change the name, put a different family member in charge, and business as usual.

This incident has been examined in the news and on most WA state "Gun Boards". The owner claims it was a misunderstanding brought about by language issues.

Regardless I'm not driving a few hours to go see if the issue remains. Since I never went there to begin with, does my not going there now count as a boycott
    WOW - that's the boycott of all boycotts......

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    WOW - that's the boycott of all boycotts.
    Same for TARGET, never went there in the first place and have no plans to ever. Yep, boycott all boycotts, buycotts are much more effective and convenient.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

as amlevin pointed out, the restaurant's stand made it on all the WA gun sites, owner has recanted...

move on everyone, there is nothing to see as the 15 min of fame has passed!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Himself alone has the last word, commanding his sycophant troops.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sycophant
    Merriam‑Webster
    a person who praises powerful people in order to get their approval. Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Himself alone has the last word, commanding his sycophant troops.
    yes, but of course YOU do don't you...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain