• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sedro-Woolley Restaurant Owner Bans Sheriff's Deputies

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Skagit County Sheriff Will Reichardt said on Facebook that after four deputies finished lunch at Lucky's Teriyaki in Sedro-Woolley Thursday, the owner asked them not to eat there anymore."

Article (reputable sources, Associated Press as re-published by Fox News)

Let's see how long it takes residents of Skagit County to employ the same boycott of "Lucky's" as We the People did against Target's politically correct but dead wrong policies involving both our Constitutional rights and their mind-boggling stupid bathroom policies.

"Reichardt says the deputies were told that customers didn't like law enforcement there."

I very seriously doubt this was the case. The only time a restaurant manager (assistant manager, actuallY) ever approached me about OC, he made the same claim about it "upsetting the other customers." Given the 30 seconds that elapsed since I'd walked in the door, I knew that was a lie. Since he used the word "request," I asked if he would mind if I had dinner, first. He looked perturbed, but didn't push it.

This was mid-afternoon and the manager arrived about fifteen minutes later to start preparations for the dinner crowd. The assistant immediately approached him about my OC, and the manager walked over to where I was sitting. He said, "I would like to apologize to you. You are more than welcome to carry here in our restaurant."

Outstanding!

I thanked with a hearty handshake and after a couple of minutes of banter, learned he was also a veteran.

As for the manager of Lucky's, let's see how "Lucky" they are when the free market responds with what I am sure will be a significant reduction in attendance.

amlevin

Somehow I don't see a boycott of a "teriyaki joint" in a relatively remote area making any lasting statement. Even if successful they'll just change the name, put a different family member in charge, and business as usual.

This incident has been examined in the news and on most WA state "Gun Boards". The owner claims it was a misunderstanding brought about by language issues.

Regardless I'm not driving a few hours to go see if the issue remains. Since I never went there to begin with, does my not going there now count as a boycott:)

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Somehow I don't see a boycott of a "teriyaki joint" in a relatively remote area making any lasting statement. Even if successful they'll just change the name, put a different family member in charge, and business as usual.

This incident has been examined in the news and on most WA state "Gun Boards". The owner claims it was a misunderstanding brought about by language issues.

Regardless I'm not driving a few hours to go see if the issue remains. Since I never went there to begin with, does my not going there now count as a boycott:)
WOW - that's the boycott of all boycotts......:lol:

solus

as amlevin pointed out, the restaurant's stand made it on all the WA gun sites, owner has recanted...

move on everyone, there is nothing to see as the 15 min of fame has passed!!

ipse