Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 officers dead after shooting near Baton Rouge PD HQ

4 officers dead after shooting near Baton Rouge PD HQ

BATON ROUGE - Two Baton Rouge Police officers and two East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office deputies are dead following a Sunday morning shooting on Airline Highway.

Another three officers have been reported wounded, but the extent of those injuries has yet to be made available.

Authorities have confirmed that one suspect is dead while two others remain at large. Law enforcement encouraged any citizens who see anything suspicious to contact police as soon as possible. Residents were encouraged to stay indoors until the remaining suspects are in custody.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/3-officers-...g-near-brpd-hq

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/bat...ing/index.html

Livestream VIDEO updates
    http://livestream.com/accounts/11595706/events/3707065
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-17-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    I wonder how long it took police to do anything ... was it like the other shooting incident that took 3 hrs .... or 5 min?

Anyone know?

Banned

Baton Rouge cops shot at after responding to MWAG call....

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/three-poli...opstories.html

Three police officers are dead and three others injured from the shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, which happened after officers responded to a 911 call of a man in all black walking around with a rifle, officials said.

Unfortunately we'll never know if he was just protecting himself or not.

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said in a statement, "This is an unspeakable and unjustified attack on all of us at a time when we need unity and healing.

How does he know that? He wasn't there.

I inclined to give the ex-Marine the benefit of a doubt on this one until non-governmental created evidence is shown to prove otherwise.

Other things that the gov't say about him is irrelevant and straw arguments.

It appears he was a LAC until police showed up. This points to something that the police did to instigate the shooting beginning.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/three-poli...opstories.html

Three police officers are dead and three others injured from the shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, which happened after officers responded to a 911 call of a man in all black walking around with a rifle, officials said.

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said in a statement, "This is an unspeakable and unjustified attack on all of us at a time when we need unity and healing.

How does he know that? He wasn't there.

I inclined to give the ex-Marine the benefit of a doubt on this one until non-governmental created evidence is shown to prove otherwise.

Other things that the gov't say about him is irrelevant and straw arguments.

It appears he was a LAC until police showed up. This points to something that the police did to instigate the shooting beginning.
    Jumping to too many conclusions........while claiming to not.

Also, your post would seem to be LEO bashing and against the Forum Rules.

Not sure why you seem to think that you deserve a free pass on either.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    It makes no difference. Obama made it clear in his speech following the attack: "...there is no justification for violence against law enforcement. None.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

The guy was an out of state Muslim who came to kill cops. He was dressed for it and drew them into an ambush. To call him an "open carrier" is a huge disservice to those who open carry handguns in Louisiana daily without incident. We rarely break out long guns here without a compelling reason such as civil unrest and the need for them in such events. To simply walk around with one is the exception to the rule and while perfectly legal, not encouraged in general for safety reasons such as muzzle control and trigger exposure.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

The police responded rather quickly and were ambushed on arrival. There is cell phone video taken from an individual's car on the scene. The video is garbage but the audio is telling as you can hear the gun battle and how close it is to these people's car as well as her "running commentary." The police radio calls recording is pretty interesting as well.
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I saw on the news where they arrested two people in a car that were black, and wearing black clothes. Now today I see they have ID the lone gunman. Is it any wonder that black people have such animosity.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

News outlet reporting that the shooter was connected with the " Sovereign Citizens" movement.. However that hasn't been confirmed..
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Im hearing conflicting news reports that the shooter was connected with the Sovereign Citizen movement, however not officially confirmed.
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".

Gavin Eugene Long Declared Sovereign Citizenship Last Year

Baton Rouge cop killer Gavin Eugene Long was affiliated with a little-known black nationalist sovereign citizen group known as the Washitaw Nation, filings in Jackson Co., Missouri show.

The records, which were first reported by the Kansas City Star, show that in May 2015, Long changed his name to Cosmo Ausar Setepenra and declared himself a sovereign citizen of the United Washitaw de Dugdahmoundyah Mu’ur Nation.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/18/ga...hip-last-year/

LOL @"officially confirmed," sounds like a professional authoritarian and credentialist, some kind of counselor practicing here on the Gullah-bull?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-18-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Im hearing conflicting news reports that the shooter was connected with the Sovereign Citizen movement, however not officially confirmed.
    Officially confirmed by who? There is no established "Sovereign Citizen Movement".

Its a tag that the gov't applies to those people who have various characteristics of their opinions on political matters.

Its really was made up by the FBI.

I've been called a "sovereign citizen"[SC] for demanding access to public meetings and public records --- even gov't officials just make up whatever they want to label someone a SC.

In the governments eyes, we are all SC to some .govs.

Wonder how many other members have been called SC by .govs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Baton Rouge cop killer Gavin Eugene Long was affiliated with a little-known black nationalist sovereign citizen group known as the Washitaw Nation, filings in Jackson Co., Missouri show.

The records, which were first reported by the Kansas City Star, show that in May 2015, Long changed his name to Cosmo Ausar Setepenra and declared himself a sovereign citizen of the United Washitaw de Dugdahmoundyah Mu’ur Nation.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/18/ga...hip-last-year/

LOL @"officially confirmed," sounds like a professional authoritarian and credentialist, some kind of counselor practicing here on the Gullah-bull?
    Thank you for the official confirmation, now please go get your SHINE BOX !

LOL @"officially confirmed," sounds like a professional authoritarian and credentialist, some kind of counselor practicing here on the Gullah-bull? So, some kind of pubic school counselor.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I saw on the news where they arrested two people in a car that were black, and wearing black clothes. Now today I see they have ID the lone gunman. Is it any wonder that black people have such animosity.
    I note that the media is quick to report the respective races anytime a black man is shot by a non-black cop. Yet one is hard pressed to find very many reports of the fact that this shooter is black and most of his victims white. Tell a lie often enough....

Is it any wonder that 1930s Germans blamed the Jews for so many of their problems?

Are cops racist? Or do they just go where the crime is?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...k-black-crime/

Quote Originally Posted by Breitbart
    FACT 3. Despite making up just 13% of the population, blacks committed half of homicides in the United States for nearly 30 years.

DOJ statistics show that between 1980 and 2008, black people committed 52% of homicides.

In 2013, black criminals committed 38% of the murders. Whites accounted for just 31 percent.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

State Researcher

Nation of Islam member

As linked on Drudge yesterday:

https://www.zerocensorship.com/uncen...-member-295044

A Youtube account operated by Gavin Eugene Long and discovered by The Daily Caller reveals key insight into what might have motivated the 29-year-old black man who killed three Baton Rouge police officers Sunday morning.

Videos on Long's account show that he was a former Nation of Islam member. He also railed against "crackers" and made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

--Marxist.org

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Are cops racist? Or do they just go where the crime is?
    Read 'The War on Cops' and 'The New Jim Crow'. Each addresses that question from their distinct side of the coin. Neither is going to dissuade from prejudice.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 07-18-2016 at 05:44 PM.

State Researcher
    Read 'The War on Cops' and 'The New Jim Crow'. Each addresses that question from their distinct side of the coin. Neither is going to dissuade from prejudice.
    Both look like worthy reads. Thank you.

Far too many are only interested in consuming material that confirms their pre-existing point of view. A couple of opposing view points is refreshing.

I also suggest "The Color of Crime" for some easily accessible data based on hard DOJ stats. The publishers, American Renaissance, may well be racist. But, I've yet to see anyone mount a credible attack of the DOJ data they use or the conclusions they draw from that data.

Charles
    Last edited by utbagpiper; 07-18-2016 at 05:52 PM.

--Marxist.org

Banned
    Is any white person actually offended by the word "cracker"?

Not even a little bit. I can't think of anything that I have heard that made me do anything more than chuckle:
    Cracker, whitey, honkey, what else we got?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    Not even a little bit. I can't think of anything that I have heard that made me do anything more than chuckle:
    Cracker, whitey, honkey, what else we got?
    Democrat ! LOL Never been bothered with these things myself either ... I'm too easy going I guess.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-19-2016 at 03:37 AM.

several years ago lived adjacent to a family of colour whose early/mid thirties son expressed his dislike about his neighbour ~ me, while in a tippy toed, frothing at the mouth, sreaming hissy fit where i learned my given name had changed to 'cracker'...he ranted at me for about 5 min then screamed back inside.

being the consumate neighbour, thought i should offer a small offering to smooth things over, so i went to the food lion and got him a gift.

to preclude another possible personal confrontation, i mailed my gift, signed regards from your ' neighbour'...

my understanding was he almost destroyed the interior of the home when he opened the package to find a three pack of 'cracker jacks' inside.

he never remained outside whenever i was in the backyard, always OC'g of course.

neighbourhood lore is the individual is making little rocks out of big rocks for various sexual offenses and other crimes both in and outside our community.

apparently he took his name calling a bit more seriously then i did.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 07-19-2016 at 07:55 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The best accommodation of an epithet is to embrace it, become it, the accuser is clearly much more sensitive than the accused.

I am curious, since OC is legal in LA, what would have happened if the police ignored the MWAG call. AFAIK he did not attack any civilians. It would seem all to well that the killer knew he could entice them to do something to make them an easy target.

Just like robbers like to order fast food delivered to target the delivery driver this killer used their own response to MWAG calls to lure them.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The best accommodation of an epithet is to embrace it, become it, the accuser is clearly much more sensitive than the accused.
    nicely stated...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast