Thread: OC meetup in Alexandria -- it's been too long

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

OC meetup in Alexandria -- it's been too long

Been talking with others, and it's way overdue.

So, let's plan an OC meetup in Alexandria at the Old Town Farmers Market, at Market Square (301 King Street for GPS), on 6 August at 0900.

There is a parking garage on the South side of Market Square. We can meet in Market Square by that parking garage, find coffee*, and wander the exhibits of the market.

*OK, maybe coffee is only my first priority.

Since it's been so long, and there will be people I don't know, it'd be nice if you'd comment here that you plan to attend so I know who to look for. Obviously, not a requirement.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I'll be there from 9 till 10:30 (prior commitment afterward).
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Are we doing this?
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Yes. It may be a small group, but it will go on, weather permitting, I suppose. I don't know anyone who likes to OC in the rain.

But this may be indicative of why so few events are planned in NOVA.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    ...But this may be indicative of why so few events are planned in NOVA.
    Maybe an OC walk (including long arms) on a public college campus would bring people out?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Maybe an OC walk (including long arms) on a public college campus would bring people out?

If that's your bag, set it up.

I'll stick with normal OC in normal, everyday settings. That's my opinion of what does the most good.

Still a "go"

Folks, the forecast is showing a 70% chance of thunderstorms for tomorrow, but only 5-10% for the morning.

As of now, I'm still considering it a go. I don't know of anyone who wants to OC in the rain, though, so if we *do* have to cancel we'll try again the following Saturday.

Founder's Club Member
    Just saw this thread for the first time.

Dang, I have to work!

Well, y'all have a great time. I'll keep an eye open for the next one.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I'm at King and N Royal.

It was a small group

Five people - three carrying (yes, I felt out of place without a 1911). A couple of approving nods, but no reactions, as it should be.

Some idiot planned this outdoor event for August in Alexandria. Dummy. We were all of us ready to leave by 1030.

Hoping to try it again toward the end of September.

Some idiot planned this outdoor event for August in Alexandria. Dummy. We were all of us ready to leave by 1030.
    Come on. It could not have been that bad. Besides the heat is good for you. Help you sweat the poison out. Thats good for you.

Nemo

Founder's Club Member
    Five people - three carrying (yes, I felt out of place without a 1911). A couple of approving nods, but no reactions, as it should be.

Hoping to try it again toward the end of September.
    Heh, heh, heh. I happen to know from direct personal observation that the planner is very far from idiocy. I've personally seen the planner rip a city council a new one (politely), shredding the lies of a certain government agency. Heh, heh, heh. Lets just say I'm glad the planner is on our side.

Nice try.

If I notice the planning thread for September in time, I'll ask off from work on a Saturday morning.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.