• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Year Later, Most Military Members Still Can NOT CC or OC on Base

since9

Campaign Veteran
Still hasn't happened. Oh, they "opened it up" to certain specialties such as law enforcement, who already carry on base as a part of their duties.

What Congress doesn't realize is that bad guys go after soft targets, not hard targets. Why do mass shootings like Hassan's (Ft. Hood) happen in places like hospitals, theaters, schools, and... Wait for it... Military recruiting stations?

ALL U.S. military personnel are TARGETS. Congress, you are NOT protecting our service members by DISARMING them. You are doing a GRAVE disservice by infringing on our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Our Second Amendment does NOT say "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, 'except while on federal property.' " It says, "...shall not be infringed," PERIOD.

Do not think for ONE SECOND, Congress, that We the People have forgotten about you during this 2016 election cycle. Because SO MUCH blood has been spilled as a direct result of idealistic idiots hamstringing our ability to defend ourselves, WE ARE WATCHING YOU. Most of you only pay lip service to our Second Amendment. That's OK, as WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and have lined up your Constitution-respecting replacements.

ALL United States Citizens has the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms EVERYWHERE. There are no Constitutional limits placed on our right to keep and bear arms. The ONLY Constitutional limit is placed against who would curb our right to keep and bear arms, and that limit specifically states, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Given current threats of domestic enemies/terrorists (New Black Panther and Black Lives Matter) and foreign enemies/terrorists (Al Quaeda, ISIS, Islamic extremists), there's absolutely ZERO excuse for un-Constitutionally disarming We the People.

Again, members of Congress: We know who you are, and we are taking action to replace everyone in Congress who refuses to FULLY enforce our Second Amendment's prohibition against ANY infringement on our right to keep and bear arms. That includes while on all federal property and especially while in uniform.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Soldiers are bullet catchers. That's the hard cold fact ... pawns used by .govs to do their bidding.

Why anyone joins anymore is a mystery.

BillMCyrus

Some of the problem is Congress, but a larger percentage of it is the bureaucracy of the military itself. From the people I talk to both in the service and recently out of it, some of whom are involved with DoD, VA, and other related stuff, they say it's a matter of PC indoctrinated or enslaved base CO's and Pentagon political butt-kissers. They're either loyal to the anti gun cause or afraid of those above them who are.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The services are not the same as they used to be....that's for sure. They get paid way too much now, I think that this is part of the problem.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The services are not the same as they used to be....that's for sure. They get paid way too much now, I think that this is part of the problem.

Pay has indeed increased, even after adjusting for inflation. However, the nature of the mission has changed dramatically, including significantly greater reliance on various technical specialties. An all-volunteer force must be competitive with the private sector. Back in 1989, for example, I took a 34% reduction in pay from my civilian job when I became an O-1, and my military pay included flight pay. All things considered, I believe it was the best decision, but I can't help but wonder where I'd be had I stuck with consulting.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The people of our country elect the government. Don't like it? Run for office.

Where did you get that? I don't vote for any member of the judiciary. You don't vote for any SCOTUS member.

I don't vote for administrative "judges"...part of the executive branch.

I don't vote for who is on any particular legislative committee; indeed I only can vote for people who live near me in many of my state elections...in whacked out gerrymandered areas (like first amendment zones).

Heck, I did not even have a say in who the government was formed.

But I work with what I got ... my rights ... my rights are my friend, I always keep them close.

And they "system" is what it is ... it allows change. I do work within the "system" much to the chagrin of those in power. I also work outside the system.

I'm am Cicero ... though not as smart...more a blunt instrument.

And yes I have run for office ... many times.

davidmcbeth

Banned
We join not only because we love our country, but also because we're not pathetic, anti-American a**hats.

Thank you, jstert. :)

Hey, I'm a vet ... so I guess I'm not a "not pathetic, anti-American a**hats" ... not that being a vet means squat .... like Bill Murray said in Stripes ...

Carry on.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hey, I'm a vet ... so I guess I'm not a "not pathetic, anti-American a**hats"

Extremely strange you would say this while maintaining "Soldiers are bullet catchers. That's the hard cold fact ... pawns used by .govs to do their bidding. Why anyone joins anymore is a mystery.[/quote]

Were you drafted during the Vietnam War?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Where did you get that? I don't vote for any member of the judiciary. You don't vote for any SCOTUS member.

You do realize, don't you, that members of the executive and legislative branches are elected while members of the judiciary are either elected or appointed based on the level and the location?

I do work within the "system" much to the chagrin of those in power. I also work outside the system.

Good. I hope that includes both writing and calling members of Congress.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You do realize, don't you, that members of the executive and legislative branches are elected while members of the judiciary are either elected or appointed based on the level and the location?

Good. I hope that includes both writing and calling members of Congress.

I don't vote for every member of the legislature .... only 3. And all three I have are total idiots and lizzurds. Don't hold me responsible for their actions.

Here's on link to one of my senators viewpoint on gun control... https://www.murphy.senate.gov/issues/gun-violence

When I told him that I had nothing to do with Sandy Hook children being murdered and was not sorry for it or felt any responsibility for it he got all indignant ... like I have to attach that guy's sins to me.

At a quasi-judicial hearing I had the assit attny general spoke of the Sandy Hook shooting ... I told 'em that I felt that I was not responsible for what happened there and had nothing to do with it, so why should I feel sorry. The AAG's response? Just called me a monster...on the record.

Don't equate "sorry" with "sorrow" ... on speaks to responsibility and the other to empathy .. totally different.

Want a lizzard to lose his mind? Tell them that you are not responsible for gun deaths and that you are not sorry over them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't vote for every member of the legislature .... only 3. And all three I have are total idiots and lizzurds. Don't hold me responsible for their actions.

Here's on link to one of my senators viewpoint on gun control... https://www.murphy.senate.gov/issues/gun-violence

When I told him that I had nothing to do with Sandy Hook children being murdered and was not sorry for it or felt any responsibility for it he got all indignant ... like I have to attach that guy's sins to me.

At a quasi-judicial hearing I had the assit attny general spoke of the Sandy Hook shooting ... I told 'em that I felt that I was not responsible for what happened there and had nothing to do with it, so why should I feel sorry. The AAG's response? Just called me a monster...on the record.

Don't equate "sorry" with "sorrow" ... on speaks to responsibility and the other to empathy .. totally different.

Want a lizzard to lose his mind? Tell them that you are not responsible for gun deaths and that you are not sorry over them.

You seem to lack the positive motivation and delivery of good public relations as we seek to normalize OC as we go about our everyday business.

Under the rules/scoring in Olympic events, I foresee you earning a DQ.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
You seem to lack the positive motivation and delivery of good public relations as we seek to normalize OC as we go about our everyday business.

Alas you do not understand that your target audience is a diverse one. For that audience, some will see arguing studies laughable whereas the speech of the Libertarian viewpoint has its influence on some of the members of your target audience as well.

I don't confuse people with facts ... I do not argue about "studies" relating to the goodness or evilness of guns as many, who are free to do so, do. All these studies are irrelevant ... we have the RBKA and that is all that is important.

There is a difference between you and me though....I see all gun laws as void whereas you do not. You may see some laws as needing to be changed but you do accept the current laws as having legal effect.

Perhaps it is the different viewpoints that lead to different methodologies. I have had my successes as I'm sure you have too.

I give political speech all the time ....

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...I don't vote for any member of the judiciary. You don't vote for any SCOTUS member....

You don't vote for President, either.

You vote for the people with the authority to vote for the President, and for the Congress with the authority to approve judges.

A republic doesn't have the people vote for everything and everyone.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You don't vote for President, either.

You vote for the people with the authority to vote for the President, and for the Congress with the authority to approve judges.

A republic doesn't have the people vote for everything and everyone.

That's right ! LOL

Of course, I would not want a democracy either ....

Thundar

Just like a broken clock, Davis is correct twice a day. I think this is one of those times. I must admit that I too feel no guilt for being pro-gun and pro civil rights, even when somebody else abuses the gun and the civil right to do evil.

David gets zero style points, but the truth, no matter how gruff or tastelessly the delivery cannot be a DQ.

Thundar