• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL picnics Sat, 7/30/16

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
On Saturday, July 30, 11:00AM VCDL will have a picnic in the Ni River Reservoir (10516 Gordon Road, Spotsylvania)!

The picnic is open to the public.

We will have Senate Bryce Reeves, one of the architects of “the deal,” which advanced our ability to carry in more states outside of Virginia and welcomes the CHP holders of all states to carry in Virginia (effective on July 1).

VCDL will provide the hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, fixings, chips, and drinks. We need a cook or two and if you can bring something to share (desert, sides, appetizers, etc.), that would be great, but not required at all.

Bring your fishing poles if you have a fishing license!

RSVP - The picnic area accommodates 80 people, so we are requesting those coming to please RSVP to me (president@vcdl.org). In the subject line put: “RSVP for Ni River Picnic, party of #”, with “#” being the number of people in your party.

SALEM PICNIC and RSVP info

SW VA will again host a VCDL FAMILY POT LUCK PICNIC on Saturday, July 30 at:

LONGWOOD PARK
611 E. Main Street
Salem VA

TIME: 5 PM--8 PM.

VCDL will furnish soft drinks; plates; plastic ware; cups and such. Please bring a dish to share with other members. This event is open to all VCDL members; families and any guest who wishes to attend.

PLEASE RSVP to: al@vcdl.org with numbers in your party who are attending so we will have the proper "fixin's" for all. We will have a door prize. Speaker to be announced.

Location Map

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
traffic-signs-38802-lg.png

bob888

I've sent an email already offering to bring some dishes, but I have not heard anything back yet.

I'm going to the Ni River event, by the way...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
On Saturday, July 30, 11:00AM VCDL will have a picnic in the Ni River Reservoir (10516 Gordon Road, Spotsylvania)!

--snipped--

VCDL will provide the hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, fixings, chips, and drinks. We need a cook or two and if you can bring something to share (desert, sides, appetizers, etc.), that would be great, but not required at all.

I've sent an email already offering to bring some dishes, but I have not heard anything back yet.

I'm going to the Ni River event, by the way...
Just do it if - it will be appreciated. :)

DoubleTap and I will be there. We always bring our own folding picnic chairs too.

At past picnics, dogs on leashes were welcome too. Presume this to be the case but haven't seen anything specific.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Fredericksburg county has thoughtfully provided the means to elevate your lifestyle and it isn't IMO just limited to the Ni River Reservoir.

"15. All personal property while on County property is subject to search by County staff and all law enforcement agencies."
http://www.spotsylvania.va.us/filestorage/15913/15925/16011/HuntingRunNiRiverRulesandRegulations2014.pdf

Note to self: Bring recorder and camera. Bring friends with recorders and cameras. Bring lots of friends with recorders and cameras.

I just love picnics. :)

BTW - My dog is personal property and he carries his treat sterile.

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

HHMMM lemmee think about this. Me, large backpack, sidearm, mid east pattern shemagh, putting on my suspicious face. Practicing my-- go away, leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you reply line for LEO and leaving my wallet with drivers license and such in car of friend who dropped me off and turning toward them with hands in front together, thumbs down and hint of smile on my face.

How long would it take.

Nemo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
HHMMM lemmee think about this. Me, large backpack, sidearm, mid east pattern shemagh, putting on my suspicious face. Practicing my-- go away, leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you reply line for LEO and leaving my wallet with drivers license and such in car of friend who dropped me off and turning toward them with hands in front together, thumbs down and hint of smile on my face.

How long would it take.

Nemo
Let us know if you will need bail money. Not that we'll necessarily have it, but we'd like to know. :p

solus

Let us know if you will need bail money. Not that we'll necessarily have it, but we'd like to know. :p

remember what your daddy thought bout bailing his youn' out...

naw, leave em, do em sum good for a change!

'sides now i know where the are.

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For those attending either of the picnics - suggest bringing a comfortable folding chair. Such beats sitting on those hard picnic benches.

Last edited:

BULLYBOY13

I might make it to the picnic since its about 30 minutes away. but ill have to see if I can make it or not since I have to have my car inspected at the dealership and get the free oil change and check up tire rotation that morning.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I might make it to the picnic since its about 30 minutes away. but ill have to see if I can make it or not since I have to have my car inspected at the dealership and get the free oil change and check up tire rotation that morning.
Be at the dealership when they open.

Picnic starts at 11:00AM - plenty of time.

Loaner car? Have someone pick you up or dealership drop you off. Accomplish both.
icon14.png

Last edited:

BULLYBOY13

my appointment is at 8am when they open but I don't know how long of a wait before they get to my car and then how long to do everything that they need to do. ill have to just sit and wait for them to finish since the dealership is on Culpeper and they close at 2pm. I hope that it wont take that long but when I asked them how long would the inspection will take they stated 45 minutes for that. I never had a inspection take that long before plus the car is only 3 years old.

Be at the dealership when they open.

Picnic starts at 11:00AM - plenty of time.

Loaner car? Have someone pick you up or dealership drop you off. Accomplish both.
icon14.png

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In spite of some early, heavy rain, you just couldn't keep the hard core activists away. Estimate that there were approximately 100 people there - some leaving while others arrived.

Very interesting talk given by Senator Bryce Reeves and encouraging words by PVC.

Good to see ol' friends and meet some new ones too.

There was plenty of food - well prepared too. Compliments to the chefs who did a superb job.

Last edited:

TFred

[STRIKE]Fredericksburg[/STRIKE] SPOTSYLVANIA county has thoughtfully provided the means to elevate your lifestyle and it isn't IMO just limited to the Ni River Reservoir.

"15. All personal property while on County property is subject to search by County staff and all law enforcement agencies."
http://www.spotsylvania.va.us/filestorage/15913/15925/16011/HuntingRunNiRiverRulesandRegulations2014.pdf

Note to self: Bring recorder and camera. Bring friends with recorders and cameras. Bring lots of friends with recorders and cameras.

I just love picnics. :)

BTW - My dog is personal property and he carries his treat sterile.
One small correction above. I haven't heard that the city of Fredericksburg has tried this yet. But taking this to it's logical conclusion aren't most of the roads also county property? I can't imagine this policy going well for any routine traffic stop. Or for anyone visiting any county-owned building to conduct required or rightful business, such as paying your water bill, or registering to vote, etc.

On a brighter note, the picnic was a big success! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Senator Reeves. He definitely deserves our support in his run for Lieutenant Governor next year!

TFred

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Great event. Good food, great people, sunshine, and freedom.

I'm afraid I pissed off Senator Reeves when he said we needed more "good Republicans" in Central Virginia and I shuddered. It seemed he was very interested in moving on to the next person. But his staff gave my son a shirt -- which I'll be lucky to get off him sometime in the next few days.

As of today, though, I'd support him for LG. If he sticks to the priorities he mentioned today, instead of those in the mailer he sent me last week, we could get along.

Last edited: