• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville Area Members

poetdante

UPDATE: We will be meeting on Saturday August 13th from 10am to whenever (unless someone has a better time. It's a public place so I'm wanting to get there and grab a few grills for us before folks show up). Location is the grilling area just past Hogan's Fountain at Cherokee Park in Louisville, KY.

more info in the post below.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall - Kentucky State Motto.

Gun owners are some of the best people I know. And forum members here are some of the best of those that I have met. I intend to do a lot of activism in promoting Kentucky gun rights in the Louisville area (and possibly Lexington/Frankfort areas). Anyone who wants to and is able to be actively supporting of the 2A for Kentucky, message me. I want use to be out in a good group to show gun owners are normal folks, to combat the efforts of the misguided members of anti-gun groups and the lies they tell people. We live in troubling times, and we should stand together, united. Several of you have answered the call to show up for events like in Frankfort for HB221, and I thank you. We are to disorganized, to afraid of being on camera, or to be put on some "list". Don't be, and I get that we have jobs, families, etc. But if enough of us are together in this (please spread the word to your friends who may not be on forums), then eventually we'll be large enough to have people cover most events. I can't believe that the millions of pro-gun folks in KY would let our rights be destroyed, but I can believe that very few of them know what to do to stop the progression of evil anti-gun folks. The forum is monitored by folks on the Bloomberg/Soros/Clinton paycheck (you know, the heart-string pulling, orange-shirt wearing, bus people into events group), so message me, or I can email you from a secure email account. I'm flexible, and willing to go to great lengths to help unify the most amazing group of Americans in Kentucky.

P.S Indiana folks near Louisville feel free to help as well.

Last edited:

solus

If you refuse to work, I doubt he will need you. He wants people that will do something.

well said, bit harsh per se, but well said...

hollar, Poet, et al., hollar if there is something you need from afar or w/enough notice...up front and personal.

ipse

poetdante

Thanks Solus and Gutshot. I've got a few folks from other forums who have contacted me. It's a slow going process. I'm brainstorming ideas on what I can do to bring folks together without going broke or depleting my small amount of ammo. Maybe something like a fashion walk or titerope walking, you know, stuff folks on here want to see.

Va_Nemo

Bunch of the general type around a place like this, might try a fishing pond. Seems many who like guns also like fishing poles. Dunno why but they do.

Nemo

poetdante

If I had my body before grad school I could do a show pro-bono but alas I be too self-conscious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poetdante

I'll be there. How about Hogan's Fountain?

Hogan's fountain sounds good. Any other suggestions? The owner of Joy Luck on Bardstown Road seems supportive of the idea and has offered for us to go there.

What say the folks here? Inside or outside? Or both? I had thought a cookout would be a good idea, and those with kids could let their children play in the fountains at the Witch's Hat across from Hogan's fountain? I don't care where we meet as long as we get to meet each other

solus

poet/gut et al...

uh just a small sidebar to mention...think stating a date, actually any date in the future would suffice, to 'meet somewhere in XYZ' might be beneficial to draw a group to any sort of meeting??

as grape states...set the date/place and they will be there.

ipse

poetdante

The meet will be at Cherokee park near Hogan's Fountain from 10am to whenever! Bring what you want, I'll try to bring as many hot dogs, burgers, buns, and drinks as I can (remember, grad student here) but if you want to help out let me know who is bringing what and when you will be coming. The weather should be nice, and if not we will move to Joy Luck (1285 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40204 ) as thevibe has so wonderfully suggested.

Cherokee Park Info (https://louisvilleky.gov/government/parks/park-list/cherokee-park)
The easiest way to get there is by I-64 and taking the Grinstead Drive exit. From I-64 Eastbound take a right, from Westbound take a left. At the 2nd traffic light (you should see 2 lanes going straight and a lane turning left) take the left. The park is the first entrance on your right. You are now on the Scenic Loop. Keep following this one-direction road (half the road is reserved for pedestrian/bike traffic) and enjoy the scenery. It is exactly as the name implies: a loop. So you can't get lost on it if you keep making left turns. As you stay on the loop you'll do down a hill, a left hand bend (don't go right towards the statue, it will take you towards Bardstown road and away from the park), and then up a hill. At the top of this hill is a large fountain. Further on past that is the grilling area where we will be meeting. Plenty of trees and tables for picnicking.

The key here is to bring as many people as possible. So tell your friends, family, make it an outing. You can open carry whatever you want in Louisville (and anywhere in KY). I OC at this park every day and nobody cares. Rifles are ok by me, it could even bring more awareness and more people to talk to.

Any questions feel free to ask. If you want my cell phone number message me.

Last edited by a moderator:

poetdante

Another week or so. I'm excited. I've had a dozen people tell me they are interested in the meetup, 1100+ people have seen the posting for the event (here and elsewhere), and of those 50 folks have liked and shared it with friends. I'd be glad to have even 50 gun owners get together and have the opportunity to chit-chat, and it hopefully will be more than that.

I've looked into renting the pavillion at Cherokee park that day (the one by Hogan's fountain) but that is $150. Maybe we can use it if nobody has it reserved. In any case the grills and tables across from it have no such ability to be reserved, so we can grab those.

Anyone coming going to bring anything? It'll help me get a better idea on how much to budget/bring that day.