Thread: Open carry while using a skateboard

Regular Member James StuuStu Halford's Avatar

Open carry while using a skateboard

Hello, I'm new to open carry and was wondering if I'm allowed to use a skateboard or longboard while having my handgun holstered and visible? Thank you.

You are legally a pedestrian. Yes, you suffer only the restrictions of an armed pedestrian. I'll ask the moderator to move this to the Wisconsin forum.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I would be real careful how I carried while on a skateboard. If you fell you could get injured pretty good by landing on a chunk of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by James StuuStu Halford View Post
    Hello, I'm new to open carry and was wondering if I'm allowed to use a skateboard or longboard while having my handgun holstered and visible? Thank you.
    If you're going to carry a firearm I strongly suggest learning the regulations surrounding it. Start with www.tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI Also be sure to take a training class to learn some of the regulations regarding use of force and defending yourself.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

yoooo whoooo motofixxer...

your kind attention is directed to...

http://vb.opencarry.org/forums/showt...t-for-OC/page4

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Well, if you are old enough to carry you are too old to roll around on a skateboard. I learned that lesson the very hard way. And it took several lessons to convince me. But a busted backside bone put me around the bend on it.

Nemo

Yes. You're carrying openly.
    Doesn't matter if you're on foot, a bicycle, motorcycle, roller skates, skateboard, etc.
    Don't need a CCL unless you're OC on public property within 1000' of the edge of a school property.

Learn the laws (some of which you had to certify you'd read & understood when you sent in for your CCL).
    You could take a free course through Wisconsin Carry, also join the membership & have a group that's got your back.
    Find the WI Carry Facebook page, join, and read the documents for more useful info.

As for your run-in with the HC cops, detailed in your other thread, definitely contact Nik Clark (president of WI Carry)!!!
    Email him now, today (either through the website, or Nik @ wisconsincarry . org), and call in to his radio show tonight. It starts at 8pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

No you can't OC and skateboard~~~the gun will throw off your balance...

Unless you OC two handguns of the same weight on each side.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 08-28-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I see what you did.

I bicycled 40,000 miles in South Carolina with my CCW in the middle of my chest under my skin tight jersey. Perfectly balanced.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.