Thread: Anyone know this gun instructor in St. Louis ?

Banned

Anyone know this gun instructor in St. Louis ?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion...d19d0e23e.html

My opposition to the permitless carry and to Senate Bill 656, which includes the proposal, is not a matter of being pro-gun or anti-gun. It is about being pro-responsibility. The permitless carry provision would allow people to legally carry hidden, loaded handguns, in public, without a permit, safety training, or knowing the use-of-force laws. Gov. Jay Nixon has recently vetoed this bill, but now some of our state legislators are trying to override his veto.

Of course if permitless carry passes, he's out of a job (or he likely thinks so) ?

he wants everyone to go to law school to be able to carry .... dweeb.

Reported excellent chance that veto will be overridden come September in the override session.

I suspect that is why the opponents are starting early.

Nemo

http://www.senate.mo.gov/senate-majo...o-of-gun-bill/

Senate Majority Caucus- Senate Leaders Respond to Veto of Gun Bill
    June 27, 2016

. . .

“We are told there are currently investigations of radical terrorist elements in all 50 states,” added Sen. Munzlinger. “Let’s not forget the satellite phone used by Osama Bin Laden to call in attacks on U.S. embassies in Africa was purchased by a radicalized student at the University of Missouri. No place is safe from the threat of terror and there are not enough law enforcement officers to be everywhere at once. We must allow law-abiding citizens to protect themselves. This bill was a significant step in that direction and I am determined to override this shocking veto.”

Lawmakers return to the State Capitol on September 14 for the annual veto session to address any legislation vetoed by the governor.
    Last edited by Va_Nemo; 07-20-2016 at 10:13 PM.

'That instructor sounds like a jerk. Essentially he says that he "instructs" people to the point that they are afraid to carry until they come back to him and take more classes.

My CC instructor covered everything this jerk says he covers but he was a good enough instructor that all of us walked out feeling confident to conceal carry in public. This guy is obviously not good enough to do that or, more likely, far too much ego to be a really good instructor.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

http://www.alphaprotection.net/pages/instructors

I wonder if he will move to a state that is a wee bit less liberty centric if the veto override is successful.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    While I agree with the efficacy of training by a competent instructor and its beneficial affects on carried firearm safety, I suspect that he is more concerned that he will lose revenue if this veto is over-ridden.

Training is important, but removing infringements from the 2nd Amendment is more important.

As a firearms instructor, I value those who WANT to come in for training as opposed to those who are REQUIRED to come in for training just to satisfy some state or local law.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    While I agree with the efficacy of training by a competent instructor and its beneficial affects on carried firearm safety, I suspect that he is more concerned that he will lose revenue if this veto is over-ridden.

Training is important, but removing infringements from the 2nd Amendment is more important.

As a firearms instructor, I value those who WANT to come in for training as opposed to those who are REQUIRED to come in for training just to satisfy some state or local law.

+1

As a fellow instructor I would agree with the above statement.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Some like OJT instead of classroom.