Thread: Truly universal background checks

Red face Truly universal background checks

For months, there have been calls for new laws to make the Terrorism Watch List and No-Fly List disqualifying for a firearms purchase. Of course, criminals and terrorists don’t always use guns. If we want to keep the world safe for The Children, we need to be more ambitious. So why aren't Bloomberg and his useful idiots demanding "common-sense restrictions" and “universal background checks” for….

Knives
    Of course, knives. That's a no-brainer.

Delivery trucks
    French investigators explore possible terror links in Nice attack that killed 84
    (and let's not forget Timothy McVeigh!)

Walmart (like, the entire store)
    Footage Captures Man Accused Of Building Chemical Weapon Inside Walmart Store

Lumber
    Psychiatrist killed by 2x4
    Man Killed by 2x4 at Pasadena Party

and, well, pretty much everything
    prosthetic leg
    electric guitar
    Xbox: "In April 2013, the body of a 20-year-old woman was found next to an Xbox 360 that was badly broken and bloodied. It was later determined that the woman’s boyfriend had used the console to beat her."

Clearly, we need to make sure that the "wrong" people don't get their hands on these horrible weapons! And why isn't Hilary demanding that the manufacturers be sued out of business? Because they obviously knew their products would be used in this way, didn't they? String 'em up! Besides, it should be easy to restrict all these things, because there's no constitutional amendment protecting them! What are we waiting for?

Gee, this banning is fun! Everybody should get in on it--surely I'm forgetting some instruments of death. What else should we require a background check for? (link to an example, or it doesn't count)
    Last edited by Eeyore; 07-21-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Here's an interesting fact about background checks.

When you want to do something REALLY DANGEROUS, like work for the government, they conduct a background check on you, much the same way as when you buy a gun. BUT, wait, there's more. Those background checks aren't good enough for REALLY DANGEROUS stuff like working for the government. So you know what they do? They send g-men to talk to your neighbors and exes to find out about you from people that actually know you.

That's right, the most important, and most in-depth background checks are your friends and family. And yet, these are the same individuals that are mostly NOT exempt from the low-level hassling "background checks" for buying firearms.

There's your proof that it's not about the background check at all.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Here's an interesting fact about background checks.

When you want to do something REALLY DANGEROUS, like work for the government, they conduct a background check on you, much the same way as when you buy a gun. BUT, wait, there's more. Those background checks aren't good enough for REALLY DANGEROUS stuff like working for the government. So you know what they do? They send g-men to talk to your neighbors and exes to find out about you from people that actually know you.

That's right, the most important, and most in-depth background checks are your friends and family. And yet, these are the same individuals that are mostly NOT exempt from the low-level hassling "background checks" for buying firearms.

There's your proof that it's not about the background check at all.
    mac, please don't forget about the lifestyle poly, a really fun experience...i've been told!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post

SNIP Clearly, we need to make sure that the "wrong" people don't get their hands on these horrible weapons!
    Agreed!!

And, the list needs to be expanded.

For example, the wrong people shouldn't be able to get their hands on Predator drones and Hellfire missiles. They've already killed 1397 innocent people while asserting to protect you and I from terrorists. (That is the government's own stat. Some journalists decided to tally up the number of innocent people the government said were killed. As in, take this drone strike where the government finally admitted 12 innocent people were killed. Then find the next government admission. One drone strike at a time. Then add them all up. The government didn't even realize how its own admissions--across time--could be added up.)

After the gay nightclub shooting several anti-gun nutjobs declared that military-grade weapons had no place on the streets of America. I agree!!!! The next time somebody says something like that within earshot, vigorously agree, and show them the pictures at this link (google search terms: watertown + searches):

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...24.QFG-9vZ4XGg
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-21-2016 at 07:27 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Here's the only BT chk needed : "Hey, Mac, you alive? OK, you pass".

Getting back on track...

...after that little off-topic diversion.

We should also require background checks before taking possession of...
    • steak knives
    • nicotine So that would cover cigarettes, patches, vaping...I wonder how the tobacco industry will react? On the upside, no one could ever [legally] ask you if they could "bum a smoke" ever agin.
    • Hammers Hmmm, better broaden that to include a lot of construction equipment. Certainly nail guns, those are scary. Circular saws, too.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

...after that little off-topic diversion.

We should also require background checks before taking possession of...
    • steak knives
    • nicotine So that would cover cigarettes, patches, vaping...I wonder how the tobacco industry will react? On the upside, no one could ever [legally] ask you if they could "bum a smoke" ever agin.
    • Hammers Hmmm, better broaden that to include a lot of construction equipment. Certainly nail guns, those are scary. Circular saws, too.
    Because all those items were designed to kill people, right?
    Last edited by beebobby; 07-25-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Spears, swords, maces, bows, clubs, knives, etc. Ban all of those things, right?
    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed to whom it may concern.
    Why open carrying is a good idea: http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...encounter.html

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleyCherokee View Post
    Spears, swords, maces, bows, clubs, knives, etc. Ban all of those things, right?
    Don't forget the drones.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

[*]Hammers Hmmm, better broaden that to include a lot of construction equipment. Certainly nail guns, those are scary. Circular saws, too.[/list]
    Now with the battery operated ones it makes them very portable and deadly
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Agreed!!

And, the list needs to be expanded.

For example, the wrong people shouldn't be able to get their hands on Predator drones and Hellfire missiles. They've already killed 1397 innocent people while asserting to protect you and I from terrorists. (That is the government's own stat. Some journalists decided to tally up the number of innocent people the government said were killed. As in, take this drone strike where the government finally admitted 12 innocent people were killed. Then find the next government admission. One drone strike at a time. Then add them all up. The government didn't even realize how its own admissions--across time--could be added up.)

After the gay nightclub shooting several anti-gun nutjobs declared that military-grade weapons had no place on the streets of America. I agree!!!! The next time somebody says something like that within earshot, vigorously agree, and show them the pictures at this link (google search terms: watertown + searches):

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...24.QFG-9vZ4XGg
    "Innocent" is a relative term. Didn't trump say we must kill the families of the terrorists also?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    "Innocent" is a relative term. Didn't trump say we must kill the families of the terrorists also?
    that is a standing practice of deterrence for those who chose to oppose middle eastern rulers, such as Hussein, Pahlavi(s), Nasser, ad nauseam.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    that is a standing practice of deterrence for those who chose to oppose middle eastern rulers, such as Hussein, Pahlavi(s), Nasser, ad nauseam.

ipse
    Some have suggested that Shillary has utilized that procedure.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

can you think of no instance where it is "okay" to kill an innocent?

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Some have suggested that Shillary has utilized that procedure.
    lol the ol' X is just as bad as Y argument therefore vote for Y

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    can you think of no instance where it is "okay" to kill an innocent?
    of late it has worked "okay" for the chief(s) in Dallas...oh, and Baton Rouge, ya forgot, Orlando!!

ipse