Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a Confirmation, Police in North Miami shoot black man assisting a patient

Need a Confirmation, Police in North Miami shoot black man assisting a patient

I just caught the end of this story, I am on the road and cannot confirm..

Please confirm or post the story...

Thank you folks.

Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Yep. Unbelievable. They thought the white man holding a toy truck was holding a gun, so they shot the black man that was with him. And the details are even worse than that.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/mia...lved-shooting/
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-21-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    I just caught the end of this story, I am on the road and cannot confirm..
    Please confirm or post the story...
    Thank you folks.

Regards
    CCJ
    CCJ, a black mental health professional from a nearby autistic group home was out in the middle of the street w/a wayward young adult male who wandered away. police got a 911 call of someone threatening someone in the street w/a gun...the nice LEs arrived and ordered the MH profession through the suspect routine and the man was on his back w/hands high in the air when an officer discharged his Semi rifle three times and one hit the 40ish MH professional in the leg. they then handcuffed ~ three sets of handcuffs, etc as well as the handcuffed the autistic man and waited another 20 minutes before getting medical assistance.

when shot the MH professional asked why did you shot me...officer: 'i do not know'

the police are spinning the story, including the union president.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Hi Folks

Thank you for the update.. This BS is becoming routine... LEO need to be held accountable for this stupid unjust shooting.

More to come.

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".

I'm pissed just when I hear about the IDIOTS with badges and guns doing such STUPID SH!T.

But, my God, how can you shoot another unarmed black man? How is it that they are THIS F-ING STUPID right now?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Hi Folks

Thank you for the update.. This BS is becoming routine... LEO need to be held accountable for this stupid unjust shooting.

More to come.

Regards

CCJ
    As does the person calling the police and giving false info about a gun if it can be proven to be false---- good luck with that!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I'm pissed just when I hear about the IDIOTS with badges and guns doing such STUPID SH!T.

But, my God, how can you shoot another unarmed black man? How is it that they are THIS F-ING STUPID right now?
    All I have to say is IF one is reacting then aren't thinking!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    The video speaks for itself. err uhh duh
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-22-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Lets hope Mr.Kinsey recovers quickly from his underserved injuries and lets pray that he retains the finest legal counsel available and becomes part owner of the State of Florida...

The tax payers of Florida and the city of Miami should demand the immediate firing of the stupid fool that fired his weapon without any justification..
    The DOJ should bring criminal chargers against the stupid fool under title 18 sections 241 and 242.. He should also be held personally liable under title 42 section 1983... In other words the stupid fool should spend many years behind bars and when he is a free man, he should be broke and penniless..

Until the country sees that the folks responsible for these vile acts against its citizens are punished to the highest degree of punishment, there will continue to be a divide between law enforcement and the citizens... In my opinion LEO's or any government agent qualified to carry a gun and have a badge should be held to a higher standard... If a regular joe blow citizen fired his weapon into a person lying down with hands raised in the surrender position, joe blow citizen would be looking at substantial jail time... His name and face would be plastered all over the media... In this case the police chief said we want to be transparent and then in the next statement he said we will not release the name of the officer involved.. Wow thats transparent.

Also the 911 caller should also be charged criminally and be sued...

These vile shootings of citizens are becoming an everyday occurrence.. Do the police departments not train its people? Where does the responsible lie?

Enough is enough!

My .02
    Regards
    CCJ

More venting..

In the wake of all the police shooting of unarmed citizens, why are not all police personnel equipped with a video recorder, please don't say it is to expensive to equip cops with video recorders,, hell a minor traffic violation costs on average today about 200$..

My .02

CCJ

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Not really OC related but hope that justice is served.

LEO bashing is unnecessary.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

IMO it appears to be a ND, it is clear this cop is incompetent. But the handcuffing of the man he just shot is outright injustice. The officer should be fired immediately, and also the officer that put the handcuffs on the victim. To a victim being shot does not matter whether it was a ND, or intentional, it is just bad.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Not really OC related but hope that justice is served.

LEO bashing is unnecessary.
    It is because the mentally ill man was accused of carrying a gun openly. Again the police response to a MWAG backfires.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

newser just reported the police have admited they were aiming for the autistic young man and....

wait for it...

missed

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 07-22-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The Centers of Mass were easily two meters apart. CYA inadvertence.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    newser just reported the police have admited they were aiming for the autistic young man ...
    And are they yet admitting that this, also, was NOT OKAY!

Banned
    newser just reported the police have admited they were aiming for the autistic young man and....

wait for it...

missed

ipse
    Liars of course.

CCJ, a black mental health professional from a nearby autistic group home was out in the middle of the street w/a wayward young adult male who wandered away. police got a 911 call of someone threatening someone in the street w/a gun...the nice LEs arrived and ordered the MH profession through the suspect routine and the man was on his back w/hands high in the air when an officer discharged his Semi rifle three times and one hit the 40ish MH professional in the leg. they then handcuffed ~ three sets of handcuffs, etc as well as the handcuffed the autistic man and waited another 20 minutes before getting medical assistance.

when shot the MH professional asked why did you shot me...officer: 'i do not know'

the police are spinning the story, including the union president.

ipse
    Spinning it but ineptly. So they shot the 'wrong guy' yet they handcuffed the guy they DIDN'T shoot? They shot at the Mentally handicapped patient who had a toy truck but missed and hit the caretaker so they handcuffed the caretaker?

Come on, this doesn't pass the giggle test.

I think the Admin who is spinning this should be charged also now that there's credible proof that he was lying. Of course, he'll just say he got confused when called out on the handcuffing the wrong guy thing.

Oh, and they shot him three times with a rifle? I thought it was a handgun. So they are bringing tactical assault rifles to 'disturbing the peace' reports now? Wow.

How does the 'boss' explain the cop saying 'I don't know (why I shot you)'? You'd think he'd say 'I was shooting (aiming) at the other guy and missed' But he didn't. I think we all know he had his finger where it didn't belong...and he's in a job in which he doesn't belong.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 07-22-2016 at 11:59 AM.

sry was on cell phone when i initially and quickly read it and couldn't provide the appropriate cite...

quote: That's according to the head of the police union. The Miami Herald calls it a "stunning admission." Slate believes the new excuse is possibly “an effort to strip away the racial dimensions of the shooting.” unquote
    http://www.newser.com/story/228504/u...istic-man.html

now two questions just came to mind:
    1. this is the second instance where the UNION is speaking for the department, e.g. cleveland's union president demanded OH gov do an exec order and then stated cleveland's LEs would stop citizens w/OC'd firearms & now this individual is releasing information about an active shooting??

2. not sure which is worse...aiming at the MH professional or the autistic man...(sidebar: if one of them was supposedly suicidal w/gun...why would you shot them to give them their wish?)

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 07-22-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    IMO it appears to be a ND, it is clear this cop is incompetent. But the handcuffing of the man he just shot is outright injustice. The officer should be fired immediately, and also the officer that put the handcuffs on the victim. To a victim being shot does not matter whether it was a ND, or intentional, it is just bad.
    Hard to imagine an ND if he fired three times.

The statement by the cop doesn't sit well. "I did what I had to do in a split-second to accomplish that, and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post

The statement by the cop doesn't sit well. "I did what I had to do in a split-second to accomplish that, and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."
    Not really if it was an assault rifle set on a 'three shot burst'. Of course why are they bringing such a weapon to a disorderly conduct call (which turned out to be bogus)?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post

I don't know what people are calling him ... but if he's arguing that he's not something that people are claiming he is then he has a big fact issue .. as the video speaks for itself and his musings are too self-depreciating to be considered of any value.

State Researcher
    Looks like either an ND, or terrible aim, or both.

This isn't malicious. Just gross incompetence.

Handcuffing the innocent victim, however, is something beyond stupid, at least.

What is nigh unto criminal though, is how the incident is being reported by the media. KSL in Utah had a report (probably off the AP or Reuters wire) with a headline and opening paragraphs that talked about police shooting an unarmed, innocent black man lying on the ground with his hands up. Only toward the bottom of the ~10 paragraph article was their any indication that the shooting of the innocent person was unintended.

The bullet does the same damage whether intentional or not.

But from a media that makes distinctions between regular assault and "hate crimes" the lead-in whenever a minority is a victim, the double-standard in reporting on the difference between intended and ND is more than just spin. It is downright deceitful.

Get the cop off the force. Charge him with reckless endangerment and kidnapping (for the completely unnecessary handcuffing). And then look at why his fellow officers allowed an innocent and injured man to be and remain handcuffed for 20 minutes.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    It is because the mentally ill man was accused of carrying a gun openly. Again the police response to a MWAG backfires.
    And how did casual observers know he was mentally ill? Consider the innocent victim was trying to coax him back into the care facility from which he had wandered, I have to presume the man was acting out in some fairly significant way.

If someone honestly believed he was armed, while acting out significantly, a police response to a MWAG call is entirely appropriate. There is a huge difference between someone OCing in a holster while normally going about his business, and someone with a gun in hand (or so someone thought) behaving so irrationally that another person is trying to calm him and get him back to the nearby psych hospital.

Certainly we don't expect cops to ignore such things until after the person starts shooting.

Of course, if someone lied about the gun (perhaps in order to get faster police response) that should be heavily prosecuted.

And once on scene, it would be nice not to have the highly trained cops having NDs or missing their target by enough to hit innocent victims lying 2 yards away.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    And how did casual observers know he was mentally ill? Consider the innocent victim was trying to coax him back into the care facility from which he had wandered, I have to presume the man was acting out in some fairly significant way.

If someone honestly believed he was armed, while acting out significantly, a police response to a MWAG call is entirely appropriate. There is a huge difference between someone OCing in a holster while normally going about his business, and someone with a gun in hand (or so someone thought) behaving so irrationally that another person is trying to calm him and get him back to the nearby psych hospital.

Certainly we don't expect cops to ignore such things until after the person starts shooting.

Of course, if someone lied about the gun (perhaps in order to get faster police response) that should be heavily prosecuted.

And once on scene, it would be nice not to have the highly trained cops having NDs or missing their target by enough to hit innocent victims lying 2 yards away.

Charles
    sorry mate, do you think the nice LEs responding could have approached the two to discuss and ascertain the mental status of both individuals...oh wait...no scopes on the big guns brought out to see what is in hands of the autistic young man?

how does an autistic young man's "acting out" verse normal halting movement pattern coupled with lack of cognitive speech resemble someone who is 'acting out' while say high on substances.

sigh...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 07-22-2016 at 05:05 PM. Reason: forgot an 'in'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast