• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a Confirmation, Police in North Miami shoot black man assisting a patient

countryclubjoe

I just caught the end of this story, I am on the road and cannot confirm..

Please confirm or post the story...

Thank you folks.

Regards
CCJ

solus

I just caught the end of this story, I am on the road and cannot confirm..
Please confirm or post the story...
Thank you folks.

Regards
CCJ

CCJ, a black mental health professional from a nearby autistic group home was out in the middle of the street w/a wayward young adult male who wandered away. police got a 911 call of someone threatening someone in the street w/a gun...the nice LEs arrived and ordered the MH profession through the suspect routine and the man was on his back w/hands high in the air when an officer discharged his Semi rifle three times and one hit the 40ish MH professional in the leg. they then handcuffed ~ three sets of handcuffs, etc as well as the handcuffed the autistic man and waited another 20 minutes before getting medical assistance.

when shot the MH professional asked why did you shot me...officer: 'i do not know'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/miami-officer-involved-shooting/

the police are spinning the story, including the union president.

ipse

countryclubjoe

Hi Folks

Thank you for the update.. This BS is becoming routine... LEO need to be held accountable for this stupid unjust shooting.

More to come.

Regards

CCJ

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'm pissed just when I hear about the IDIOTS with badges and guns doing such STUPID SH!T.

But, my God, how can you shoot another unarmed black man? How is it that they are THIS F-ING STUPID right now?

countryclubjoe

Lets hope Mr.Kinsey recovers quickly from his underserved injuries and lets pray that he retains the finest legal counsel available and becomes part owner of the State of Florida...

The tax payers of Florida and the city of Miami should demand the immediate firing of the stupid fool that fired his weapon without any justification..
The DOJ should bring criminal chargers against the stupid fool under title 18 sections 241 and 242.. He should also be held personally liable under title 42 section 1983... In other words the stupid fool should spend many years behind bars and when he is a free man, he should be broke and penniless..

Until the country sees that the folks responsible for these vile acts against its citizens are punished to the highest degree of punishment, there will continue to be a divide between law enforcement and the citizens... In my opinion LEO's or any government agent qualified to carry a gun and have a badge should be held to a higher standard... If a regular joe blow citizen fired his weapon into a person lying down with hands raised in the surrender position, joe blow citizen would be looking at substantial jail time... His name and face would be plastered all over the media... In this case the police chief said we want to be transparent and then in the next statement he said we will not release the name of the officer involved.. Wow thats transparent.

Also the 911 caller should also be charged criminally and be sued...

These vile shootings of citizens are becoming an everyday occurrence.. Do the police departments not train its people? Where does the responsible lie?

Enough is enough!

My .02
Regards
CCJ

countryclubjoe

More venting..

In the wake of all the police shooting of unarmed citizens, why are not all police personnel equipped with a video recorder, please don't say it is to expensive to equip cops with video recorders,, hell a minor traffic violation costs on average today about 200$..

My .02

CCJ

WalkingWolf

IMO it appears to be a ND, it is clear this cop is incompetent. But the handcuffing of the man he just shot is outright injustice. The officer should be fired immediately, and also the officer that put the handcuffs on the victim. To a victim being shot does not matter whether it was a ND, or intentional, it is just bad.

solus

newser just reported the police have admited they were aiming for the autistic young man and....

wait for it...

missed

ipse

Last edited:

Maverick9

CCJ, a black mental health professional from a nearby autistic group home was out in the middle of the street w/a wayward young adult male who wandered away. police got a 911 call of someone threatening someone in the street w/a gun...the nice LEs arrived and ordered the MH profession through the suspect routine and the man was on his back w/hands high in the air when an officer discharged his Semi rifle three times and one hit the 40ish MH professional in the leg. they then handcuffed ~ three sets of handcuffs, etc as well as the handcuffed the autistic man and waited another 20 minutes before getting medical assistance.

when shot the MH professional asked why did you shot me...officer: 'i do not know'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/miami-officer-involved-shooting/

the police are spinning the story, including the union president.

ipse

Spinning it but ineptly. So they shot the 'wrong guy' yet they handcuffed the guy they DIDN'T shoot? They shot at the Mentally handicapped patient who had a toy truck but missed and hit the caretaker so they handcuffed the caretaker?

Come on, this doesn't pass the giggle test.

I think the Admin who is spinning this should be charged also now that there's credible proof that he was lying. Of course, he'll just say he got confused when called out on the handcuffing the wrong guy thing.

Oh, and they shot him three times with a rifle? I thought it was a handgun. So they are bringing tactical assault rifles to 'disturbing the peace' reports now? Wow.

How does the 'boss' explain the cop saying 'I don't know (why I shot you)'? You'd think he'd say 'I was shooting (aiming) at the other guy and missed' But he didn't. I think we all know he had his finger where it didn't belong...and he's in a job in which he doesn't belong.

Last edited:

solus

sry was on cell phone when i initially and quickly read it and couldn't provide the appropriate cite...

quote: That's according to the head of the police union. The Miami Herald calls it a "stunning admission." Slate believes the new excuse is possibly “an effort to strip away the racial dimensions of the shooting.” unquote
http://www.newser.com/story/228504/...arles-kinsey-meant-to-shoot-autistic-man.html

now two questions just came to mind:
1. this is the second instance where the UNION is speaking for the department, e.g. cleveland's union president demanded OH gov do an exec order and then stated cleveland's LEs would stop citizens w/OC'd firearms & now this individual is releasing information about an active shooting??

2. not sure which is worse...aiming at the MH professional or the autistic man...(sidebar: if one of them was supposedly suicidal w/gun...why would you shot them to give them their wish?)

ipse

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

IMO it appears to be a ND, it is clear this cop is incompetent. But the handcuffing of the man he just shot is outright injustice. The officer should be fired immediately, and also the officer that put the handcuffs on the victim. To a victim being shot does not matter whether it was a ND, or intentional, it is just bad.

Hard to imagine an ND if he fired three times.

The statement by the cop doesn't sit well. "I did what I had to do in a split-second to accomplish that, and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."

Maverick9

Hard to imagine an ND if he fired three times.

The statement by the cop doesn't sit well. "I did what I had to do in a split-second to accomplish that, and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."

Not really if it was an assault rifle set on a 'three shot burst'. Of course why are they bringing such a weapon to a disorderly conduct call (which turned out to be bogus)?