Thread: hiLIARy selects Tim Kaine

hiLIARy selects Tim Kaine

as VP candidate. Is that good or bad for Va?

Va_Nemo

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I see it as very good for Virginia and the nation.

A close look at Timmy will show him to be the Janus that he is. Shillary will self-destruct when her choice is ridiculed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Just my opinion...,

it's probably good IF, you like being lied to, I think he's a pathological liar, and I think she (Hitlery) is also, I'm sure her husband is. I think they are like two peas in a pod, identical halves of the beast with two backs, neither of them has ever seen an anti-gun bill that they didn't love, and I think they are quite accomplished at popping on those fake smiles while they are twisting the knives they've jammed into our backs.

Again, just my opinion.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29;11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

He is being painted as a moderate and a centrist by the Republicans. Their plan is to make him out to be less of a Progressive and therefore piss off the Bernie Sanders supporters who are fervently far Left. Anybody who follows politics in Virginia knows Tim Kaine is anything but moderate or centrist in his voting record. He has consistently supported Obama and his far-left agenda and his record shows that. I applaud Hillary for picking him and basically being able to do what the Republicans in Virginia couldn't do; i.e. get him out of office in Virginia. My only fear is who will replace him for the rest of his current term.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    He is being painted as a moderate and a centrist by the Republicans. Their plan is to make him out to be less of a Progressive and therefore piss off the Bernie Sanders supporters who are fervently far Left. Anybody who follows politics in Virginia knows Tim Kaine is anything but moderate or centrist in his voting record. He has consistently supported Obama and his far-left agenda and his record shows that. I applaud Hillary for picking him and basically being able to do what the Republicans in Virginia couldn't do; i.e. get him out of office in Virginia. My only fear is who will replace him for the rest of his current term.
    He might not resign. He can campaign for VP and retain his seat in the senate.

Presuming that the Dems lose the presidential election, we will still be burdened with Kaine.......until we give him the boot - personally and pointedly.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    He might not resign. He can campaign for VP and retain his seat in the senate.

Presuming that the Dems lose the presidential election, we will still be burdened with Kaine.......until we give him the boot - personally and pointedly.
    If he is out campaigning, he won't be at the senate doing what he was elected to do. He should resign.

Virginia deserves better than a part time senator.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    If he is out campaigning, he won't be at the senate doing what he was elected to do. He should resign.

+1
    Last edited by scooter348; 07-23-2016 at 07:19 PM.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Founder's Club Member

Not particularly contradicting; more in the direction of making an observation:

No, Virginians deserve Tim Kaine. They elected him. The deserve exactly what they voted for. In spades. And, hard.

I think H. L. Mencken had something to say about that sort of thing.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Then there is, "Be careful of what one wishes, you may get it good and hard." Not H. L. Mencken
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Then there is, "Be careful of what one wishes, you may get it good and hard." Not H. L. Mencken
    <chuckle> You inspired me to google it. Here it is:

H. L. Menken: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    <chuckle> You inspired me to google it. Here it is:

H. L. Menken: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
    A Few Pages of Notes

https://books.google.com/books?id=hX...ard%22&f=false

Sorry about the UGLY URL.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The comment on George Washington just before that quote is quite interesting also.

Nemo

Kaine's a better senator if he's out campaigning instead of in DC casting terrible votes...

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by roscoe13 View Post
    Kaine's a better senator if he's out campaigning instead of in DC casting terrible votes...

Roscoe
    I like the way you think.

And the nation needs more than a part time President, How many trips and vacations has One Big A$$ Mistake America taken!?

If he is out campaigning, he won't be at the senate doing what he was elected to do.
    Translation: He won't be at the senate doing what Progressives and illegal aliens elected him to do.

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

Yeah, BUT if he wins, he will become president of the US Senate.
    That would be President Pro Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

Yeah, BUT if he wins, he will become president of the US Senate.
    Actually, no, he is NOT president of the senate. He just presides over it, and casts a vote if there is a tie.

In the line of secession, Tim would be 1st in line as VP. Most senior member of the Senate is president protempore.

pres
    vp
    speaker of the house
    president pro tempore of the senate (the most senior senator)
    sec state
    sec treasury
    sec def
    AG
    interior - Current office holder not eligible.
    agriculture
    commerce
    labor
    HHS
    HUB
    transportation
    energy
    education
    VA
    Homeland Security

Actually, no, he is NOT president of the senate. He just presides over it, and casts a vote if there is a tie.

In the line of secession, Tim would be 1st in line as VP. Most senior member of the Senate is president protempore.

pres
    vp
    speaker of the house
    president pro tempore of the senate (the most senior senator)
    sec state
    sec treasury
    sec def
    AG
    interior - Current office holder not eligible.
    agriculture
    commerce
    labor
    HHS
    HUB
    transportation
    energy
    education
    VA
    Homeland Security
    Not quite correct, on two counts, both in bold.

1) The VP is the President of the Senate. From Article I Section 3: "The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided."

2) The President Pro Tempore is chosen by the Senate, also per Article I Section 3: "The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States." Since 1949, it has traditionally been the senior-most member of the Senate from the majority party, but there is no requirement that that be the case. In 1980, for example, Milton Young was elected President Pro Tempore for a single day, even though he was from the minority party at the time. (He was retiring and control of the Senate was changing parties.)
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

Banned

They should all be out campaigning and doing nothing else ~ we would be better off if they all did nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    Not quite correct, on two counts, both in bold.

1) The VP is the President of the Senate. From Article I Section 3: "The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided."

2) The President Pro Tempore is chosen by the Senate, also per Article I Section 3: "The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States." Since 1949, it has traditionally been the senior-most member of the Senate from the majority party, but there is no requirement that that be the case. In 1980, for example, Milton Young was elected President Pro Tempore for a single day, even though he was from the minority party at the time. (He was retiring and control of the Senate was changing parties.)
    They should change the order .... Pres. then VP then Elmo