• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hiLIARy selects Tim Kaine

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I see it as very good for Virginia and the nation.

A close look at Timmy will show him to be the Janus that he is. Shillary will self-destruct when her choice is ridiculed.

sidestreet

Just my opinion...,

it's probably good IF, you like being lied to, I think he's a pathological liar, and I think she (Hitlery) is also, I'm sure her husband is. I think they are like two peas in a pod, identical halves of the beast with two backs, neither of them has ever seen an anti-gun bill that they didn't love, and I think they are quite accomplished at popping on those fake smiles while they are twisting the knives they've jammed into our backs.

Again, just my opinion.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29;11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

scooter348

He is being painted as a moderate and a centrist by the Republicans. Their plan is to make him out to be less of a Progressive and therefore piss off the Bernie Sanders supporters who are fervently far Left. Anybody who follows politics in Virginia knows Tim Kaine is anything but moderate or centrist in his voting record. He has consistently supported Obama and his far-left agenda and his record shows that. I applaud Hillary for picking him and basically being able to do what the Republicans in Virginia couldn't do; i.e. get him out of office in Virginia. My only fear is who will replace him for the rest of his current term.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
He is being painted as a moderate and a centrist by the Republicans. Their plan is to make him out to be less of a Progressive and therefore piss off the Bernie Sanders supporters who are fervently far Left. Anybody who follows politics in Virginia knows Tim Kaine is anything but moderate or centrist in his voting record. He has consistently supported Obama and his far-left agenda and his record shows that. I applaud Hillary for picking him and basically being able to do what the Republicans in Virginia couldn't do; i.e. get him out of office in Virginia. My only fear is who will replace him for the rest of his current term.
He might not resign. He can campaign for VP and retain his seat in the senate.

Presuming that the Dems lose the presidential election, we will still be burdened with Kaine.......until we give him the boot - personally and pointedly.

va_tazdad

He might not resign. He can campaign for VP and retain his seat in the senate.

Presuming that the Dems lose the presidential election, we will still be burdened with Kaine.......until we give him the boot - personally and pointedly.

If he is out campaigning, he won't be at the senate doing what he was elected to do. He should resign.

Virginia deserves better than a part time senator.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
If he is out campaigning, he won't be at the senate doing what he was elected to do. He should resign.

Not particularly contradicting; more in the direction of making an observation:

No, Virginians deserve Tim Kaine. They elected him. The deserve exactly what they voted for. In spades. And, hard.

I think H. L. Mencken had something to say about that sort of thing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Then there is, "Be careful of what one wishes, you may get it good and hard." Not H. L. Mencken

<chuckle> You inspired me to google it. Here it is:

H. L. Menken: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

va_tazdad

Yeah, BUT if he wins, he will become president of the US Senate.

Actually, no, he is NOT president of the senate. He just presides over it, and casts a vote if there is a tie.

In the line of secession, Tim would be 1st in line as VP. Most senior member of the Senate is president protempore.

pres
vp
speaker of the house
president pro tempore of the senate (the most senior senator)
sec state
sec treasury
sec def
AG
interior - Current office holder not eligible.
agriculture
commerce
labor
HHS
HUB
transportation
energy
education
VA
Homeland Security

grylnsmn

Actually, no, he is NOT president of the senate. He just presides over it, and casts a vote if there is a tie.

In the line of secession, Tim would be 1st in line as VP. Most senior member of the Senate is president protempore.

pres
vp
speaker of the house
president pro tempore of the senate (the most senior senator)
sec state
sec treasury
sec def
AG
interior - Current office holder not eligible.
agriculture
commerce
labor
HHS
HUB
transportation
energy
education
VA
Homeland Security

Not quite correct, on two counts, both in bold.

1) The VP is the President of the Senate. From Article I Section 3: "The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided."

2) The President Pro Tempore is chosen by the Senate, also per Article I Section 3: "The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States." Since 1949, it has traditionally been the senior-most member of the Senate from the majority party, but there is no requirement that that be the case. In 1980, for example, Milton Young was elected President Pro Tempore for a single day, even though he was from the minority party at the time. (He was retiring and control of the Senate was changing parties.)

davidmcbeth

Banned

They should all be out campaigning and doing nothing else ~ we would be better off if they all did nothing.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not quite correct, on two counts, both in bold.

1) The VP is the President of the Senate. From Article I Section 3: "The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided."

2) The President Pro Tempore is chosen by the Senate, also per Article I Section 3: "The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States." Since 1949, it has traditionally been the senior-most member of the Senate from the majority party, but there is no requirement that that be the case. In 1980, for example, Milton Young was elected President Pro Tempore for a single day, even though he was from the minority party at the time. (He was retiring and control of the Senate was changing parties.)

They should change the order .... Pres. then VP then Elmo