• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Avoiding chk-pt not RAS ... feigning interest in veggie stand? Welll now that's dif.

Fallschirjmäger

http://fourthamendment.com/?p=23020

Total retardation .... guy avoids roadblock, drives into veggie stand area (feigning interest) and this creates RAS.

Ahem, ".... While the avoidance of the checkpoint isn’t reasonable suspicion, the feigning interest in the vegetable stand and the blanket covering something was reasonable suspicion."

I'm left wondering "reasonable suspicion" of what crime, exactly? Arson? Burglary? Child endangerment?

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Ahem, ".... While the avoidance of the checkpoint isn’t reasonable suspicion, the feigning interest in the vegetable stand and the blanket covering something was reasonable suspicion."

I'm left wondering "reasonable suspicion" of what crime, exactly? Arson? Burglary? Child endangerment?
Here, read the decision.
http://cases.justia.com/federal/appellate-courts/ca2/15-942/15-942-2016-07-19.pdf?ts=1468936807
But, before you read the opinion make sure you take your blood pressure pill.

twoskinsonemanns

antipatriotism?

JoeSparky

Centurion
You know that all these cases involve "bad guys". 145 lbs of weed? Who cares?

My confusion is this.....In the write up I see 145 lbs, charges for > 100 Kg later dropped during plea deal, conviction for > 50 Kg, and finally near the end of the linked case before the 2nd district US court of 503 lbs..... So just how much pot was there. 145lbs is NOT anywhere near >100 Kg and is certainly NOT 503 lbs which just happens to be 228.63 Kg. I am just completely flummoxed..... was it magic pot that could increase or decrease its own mass depending upon when, where, and who was conducting the evaluation?

Last edited:

solus

My confusion is this.....In the write up I see 145 lbs, charges for > 100 Kg later dropped during plea deal, conviction for > 50 Kg, and finally near the end of the linked case before the 2nd district US court of 503 lbs..... So just how much pot was there. 145lbs is NOT anywhere near >100 Kg and is certainly NOT 503 lbs which just happens to be 228.63 Kg. I am just completely flummoxed..... was it magic pot that could increase or decrease its own mass depending upon when, where, and who was conducting the evaluation?

no the BG snitched and gave someone up and/or turned state's evidence.

ipse

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

(Disclosure: I do not support the use of marihuana. I think using pot is a bad idea. However!! I think it is a worse idea to empower government to cage human beings for using it.)

Magic pot? Ahahahahhahahaahaaa!! Of course, pot is magic! Man, you hit the nail on the head! Why, didn't you know pot induces blacks to rape white women (see the early advocacy against pot)!? It is a magic herb! Its powers to destroy are mythical! It is bad, bad, bad. That is why there must be a zillion local, state, and federal laws against it, empowering police to seize and search people on the mere suspicion they might actually possess some tiny amount of this magically destructive substance.

HeroHog

killerpot.png

HeroHog

solus

Those not toking a doobie recognized the joke. ;-)

I am sure the friends, caregivers, and relatives of the nearly half a million people who have died from drug overdoses between 2000 and 2014 might have a different perspective.

just a tad different perspective of a loved one...

just saying

ipse

turned off all the sound to try to hear those mourning laughing at the joke made at their expense.

Last edited:

HeroHog

I apologize to all those who lost friends and family due to marijuana overdoses. I did not make light of an actual issue that has actually, as you pointed out, ever affected anyone.

Shovelhead

Off Topic, but following the current discussion:
Checking the daily news, it seems most victims of weed seem to die from "Lead Poisoning".
Baltimore has already had 166 homicides this year.
Not ALL drug related, I'm sure.......... but.

Last edited: