Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Perhaps, a new approach....

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    Perhaps, a new approach....

    I find this to be a terrific training video with respect to who should receive a shot to the heart or two shots to the head, at any given time.

    It kept me guessing. I'd have pulled the trigger five times, so STOP pointing weapons at innocent civilian's, people. You WILL get yourselves killed.

    Everyone armed, and everyone holstered is the ONLY way to solve this crisis.

    As for a "new approach," if you expected a 'kindler, gentler' way of dealing with incredibly law-violating behavior, then you're just stupid.

    Reality is, and if you're not towing the line, then you're on the down and out.

    Life is, people. It is what it is.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  2. #2
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Got a link anywhere for this video?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lynchburg
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Got a link anywhere for this video?

    Yeah, this sounds like something I want to at least take a look at.

    Nemo

  4. #4
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Sounds like it's advocating shooting people who are not 'bad guys' but someone in 'authority', a 'non-civilian'.

    I'm saying 'no, that is NOT the way'.

    You do not get any kind of 'justice' in the street. Never insert yourself, never employ a firing solution except to protect loved ones.

  5. #5
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    snipp...

    Never insert yourself, never employ a firing solution except to protect loved ones.
    well stated...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Got a link anywhere for this video?
    I did. Thought I posted it, too. Mods? Admins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Sounds like it's advocating shooting people who are not 'bad guys' but someone in 'authority', a 'non-civilian'.
    Sound's like you're out of your gourd, Marverick9. I am a veteran, a retired military officer, and a law abiding citizen. I have NEVER advocated anything of the sort.

    Are you merely pulling crap out of your backside before committing slander by fabricating some justification for a know-it-all response?

    I'm saying 'no, that is NOT the way'.
    No s***, Sherlock. You really test my frosticles.

    Back to JoeSparky: I'll see if I can find the video and re-post. It was a really good video!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  7. #7
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,880
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I did. Thought I posted it, too. Mods? Admins?
    Sound's like you're out of your gourd, Marverick9. I am a veteran, a retired military officer, and a law abiding citizen. I have NEVER advocated anything of the sort.
    Are you merely pulling crap out of your backside before committing slander by fabricating some justification for a know-it-all response?
    No s***, Sherlock. You really test my frosticles.
    Back to JoeSparky: I'll see if I can find the video and re-post. It was a really good video!
    uh, since9, since you didn't post a link to your super duper video, yet provided the commentary you did, quote, terrific video...who should be shot in the heart, or two shots to the head...blah blah blah...unquote, seems taking your frustration out with name calling seems to be a shade inappropriate, wouldn't you think?

    one would never believe a retired military service member would have such a low frustration tolerance or thin skin!

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Solus; Since9 is a lost cause, their is no use trying to help him..
    I saw his rambling incoherent post, without any link, before the 1st reply,,, but
    like I said,, he is a waste of time!
    Only God might know what he meant to say.... Since9 doesnt even know...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  9. #9
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,880
    oh boy, did i ever do a tactical error which i wish i could undo...

    curiosity queued, i took to al's invention to see what vid since9 was frothing so exceitedly about...

    OMG...

    myriad of videos in various scenarios showing tsa's active shooting guidance ~ run, hide, fight! of course all included the shock an awe of someone shooting individuals and viable horrified and panicked response from others in the video from the gitgo.

    then, i apparently got on a different video stream and these videos show mass police presence assembling, getting dressed, etc., for war, er, no wait...call for responce to a shooter

    darn, accidently, switched streams again, found myself watching videos showing military, police tactics dealing with active shooter.

    ok, i can appreciate training videos to train employees, responders, and so forth, but there appeared to be at least a hundred in each category i stumbled mentioned.

    i then began thinking and imagined the consequence(s) if a teen, or young adult, who is a loner, or ostracized by their cohort, or similarly outcast individual fed up with the treatment shown by cowokers would do if these type videos were watched.

    the presentations showed the power the shooter has and commands, thru fear, over those who have bullied, or otherwise tormented them thus showing a viable methodology to get even.

    these videos showed how responders are dressed as well as what tactics to use to get your kill numbers higher and the tactics used to clear facilities (orlando pd should have watched a couple of those vid cuz none advocated waiting 3 hours before entering).

    training videos...yepper...training videos on how to facilitate a mass shooting from the shooter's perspective.

    truly unbelievable.

    12345A defender, et al., if since9 ~ retired military officer who might have seen active fire fights during their career, had watched these 'training' videos for any appreciable amount of time, it is no wonder his post was rambling as even i am shaken after only viewing partial, multiple videos...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Solus; Since9 is a lost cause, their is no use trying to help him..
    I saw his rambling incoherent post, without any link, before the 1st reply,,, but
    like I said,, he is a waste of time!
    Only God might know what he meant to say.... Since9 doesnt even know...
    Dear Moderators and Admins: Please enforce Rule (6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

    If the forum members want to take me to task on my content, that's fair game.

    Personal attacks such as the grossly unprofessional one above and others by Solus, however, ARE NOT.

    Kindly enforce the rules.

    In addition, perhaps the impetus behind attacks by either of these two stems from a general dislike/distaste for military service members, in which case you may wish to examine Rule (9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-30-2016 at 07:02 AM. Reason: rule #19
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I did. Thought I posted it, too. Mods? Admins?

    --snipped--

    Back to JoeSparky: I'll see if I can find the video and re-post. It was a really good video!
    Not posted nor deleted/edited.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Dear Moderators and Admins: Please enforce Rule (6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

    If the forum members want to take me to task on my content, that's fair game.

    Personal attacks such as the grossly unprofessional one above and others by Solus, however, ARE NOT.

    Kindly enforce the rules.

    In addition, perhaps the impetus behind attacks by either of these two stems from a general dislike/distaste for military service members, in which case you may wish to examine Rule (9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.

    Thank you.
    IMO - stretching the application of the rule beyond the intent.

    The point being made has nothing to do with being for or against gun rights.

    It would seem to be about the difficulty in following what you are trying to communicate. I for one have no clue.
    It is the content or lack of it to which they complain.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-30-2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: rule #19 in quote
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    A month to get here?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    A month to get here?
    Haven't you heard? The mail is slow these days.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Haven't you heard? The mail is slow these days.
    Time to re-read again Atlas Shrugged. Any Rand's name has come up a number of times in the context of the provenance of the alternative right.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  16. #16
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    I just want to add that I was informed and impressed by the descriptive nature of the thread title.

  17. #17
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,880
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    snipppp.

    If the forum members want to take me to task on my content, that's fair game.

    Personal attacks such as the grossly unprofessional one above and others by Solus, however, ARE NOT.

    snipp...

    In addition, perhaps the impetus behind attacks by either of these two stems from a general dislike/distaste for military service members, snippp...

    Thank you.
    since9, please do not skew nor even begin to rationalize the criticism against the incoherent postings by you into any sort of real or imagined martyr building exercise by claiming 'these folk are speaking out against me cuz i was in the military'. it is an erroneous defense mechanism which will cause you grief in the other facets of your life if you allow this pattern to continue.

    since9, nowhere have i disparaged your service while in the Air Force nor have i made my criticism personal towards you nor discussed your character flaws per se., but instead directed my commentary against the material presented.

    btw, there are a great many women and men in our armed forces who serve or have served that you might not be aware of from your limited view so high in the sky!!

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-04-2016 at 07:39 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lynchburg
    Posts
    591
    Yo, Since9, ignoring the various comments above, I would still like to see the video you originally referenced.

    I assume you still have the link?

    Nemo

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    Yo, Since9, ignoring the various comments above, I would still like to see the video you originally referenced.

    I assume you still have the link?

    Nemo
    No, I don't, which I plainly relayed to you. I looked for it, but could no longer find it.

    Either my Google-foo or YouTube-foo is lacking, or they removed it.

    My lack of access to the original, however, does not negate the derivative.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •