Thread: Ohioans for Concealed Carry's Party in the Park

Ohioans for Concealed Carry's Party in the Park

I know this is an open carry forum but Ohioans for Concealed Carry promotes both forms of carry and if you want to get involved with an Ohio pro-gun organization please check us out and join us at our annual Party in the Park where not only members, but people from all over the state come to associate and discuss issues regarding our gun rights and legislation. Please check out the link below. Hope to see you there!

http://ohioccw.org/201606135135/2016...-the-park.html

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Wish that I could attend - love to mingle and share stories.

I welcome those that OC, CC, or noC. Just do nothing to diminish the ability of others to OC.

People are entitled to make their own decisions.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-24-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by 3FULLMAGS+1 View Post
    I know this is an open carry forum but Ohioans for Concealed Carry promotes both forms of carry and if you want to get involved with an Ohio pro-gun organization please check us out and join us at our annual Party in the Park where not only members, but people from all over the state come to associate and discuss issues regarding our gun rights and legislation. Please check out the link below. Hope to see you there!

http://ohioccw.org/201606135135/2016...-the-park.html
    ya know, 3fullmags+1, most hosts post a specific location for the party in the invite...(not on website you cited)

just saying, ya hear!

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 07-24-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ya know, 3fullmags+1, most hosts post a specific location for the party in the invite...(not on website you cited)

just saying, ya hear!

ipse
    Ooops, lets try this....

http://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=...&reset=1&id=15

You can register here also so we know how much food is needed.
    Last edited by 3FULLMAGS+1; 07-25-2016 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Wish that I could attend - love to mingle and share stories.

I welcome those that OC, CC, or noC. Just do nothing to diminish the ability of others to OC.

People are entitled to make their own decisions.
    Of the members of OFCC that usually show, probably half (?) OC regularly, as I do.

OFCC was formed before we had concealed carry and we could already OC....hence, the name.

And we have "both" CC and OC sub-forums and the moderators over there don't put up with those who bash the way another carries, as far as I see.

--snipped--

And we have "both" CC and OC sub-forums and the moderators over there don't put up with those who bash the way another carries, as far as I see.
    Sounds like my kind of forum.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-25-2016 at 01:19 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Ooops, lets try this....

http://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=...&reset=1&id=15

You can register here also so we know how much food is needed.
    mighty oblign' two ya 3fullmags...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I've attended all these yearly Picnics since the first one. It des seem like attendance has gone down a bit the last couple years. I surmise it's because many people with carry licenses, and those who carry openly without, have become complacent since the laws are much better than say 15 years or so ago. They don't think an organization like OFCC or Buckeye Firearms Association have any work remaining. That's short sighted and frankly, tell me how far from politically savvy such folks are. A state legislature could backslide WAY left in a short time if us firearms owners don't keep going right at them.

The Picnic has some political and other guest speakers. Great catered food, and at least a couple of handguns among the table of door prizes. It has allowed me to meet people that are on our forums but live in the opposite corner of Ohio. The Picnic location is not far at all from the exact geographic center of the state.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Of the members of OFCC that usually show, probably half (?) OC regularly, as I do.

OFCC was formed before we had concealed carry and we could already OC....hence, the name.

Excuse me, but if you do not comport to their beliefs you will be banished or berated.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Excuse me, but if you do not comport to their beliefs you will be banished or berated.
    I've been berated a number of times, however not yet banished. That is no stone throwing in your direction from me, by the way. The organization has its flaws, and I will not take a low-level "management" position with them, but will continue to help out in areas that I have some talent for or knowledge of. Helping answer questions posed by new members in the forums is something I've seemed to be decent at.

I go every year for decent food, interesting speakers (most of the time), and to support a pro 2A group who is trying to do good.

The raffle is rather fun, too.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    I've been berated a number of times, however not yet banished. That is no stone throwing in your direction from me, by the way. The organization has its flaws, and I will not take a low-level "management" position with them, but will continue to help out in areas that I have some talent for or knowledge of. Helping answer questions posed by new members in the forums is something I've seemed to be decent at.
    Only because you took a four year course in Emily Post etiquette.

Only because you took a four year course in Emily Post etiquette.
    Or the post graduate training of Dr. Norman Vincent Peale - "The Power of Positive Thinking Stinking.

I'd say that most, if not all, forums have their"beliefs"....lol

Think we talked about that over the ph. once didn't we.....your "beliefs" v. OFCC's, that is?

Anyway, I miss your post's over there by the way, so guess I'll just have to visit this board more often, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Or the post graduate training of Dr. Norman Vincent Peale - "The Power of Positive Thinking Stinking.
    Ah. I see you've MET Brian D.

------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

I'd say that most, if not all, forums have their"beliefs"....lol

Think we talked about that over the ph. once didn't we.....your "beliefs" v. OFCC's, that is?

Anyway, I miss your post's over there by the way, so guess I'll just have to visit this board more often, I guess!
    Yeah, I really liked to see the responses from OFCC management to CoL's posts. He's on the BFA forums, but there aren't enough people over there to generate much traffic in the forum.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    Yeah, I really liked to see the responses from OFCC management to CoL's posts. He's on the BFA forums, but there aren't enough people over there to generate much traffic in the forum.
    Ya, but we've "still" got you....and that darn near makes up for it!

I am very sorry for that, but when you only use our website to bash our organization you can't really expect us to let that go, can you?

I doubt very much that OCDO would allow you to do that here either

I got you back once, and you made sure that I ended up regretting it

I too, miss your POV on most topics

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck! View Post
    I am very sorry for that, but when you only use our website to bash our organization you can't really expect us to let that go, can you?

I doubt very much that OCDO would allow you to do that here either

I got you back once, and you made sure that I ended up regretting it

I too, miss your POV on most topics
    well, chuck!, what i thought was possible hyperbole from CoL regarding a personality conflict, however, since you have now poked your stick to continue the marginalization of CoL, you have shown and proven to this member the true nature & mentality of YOUR organization and its membership.

something about the taking good with the bad coupled with for better or worse...

otherwise what it sounds like is organizational censuring of someone's thoughts cuz you and your elk do not like the commentary proffered !! apparently you and others could not dispute those thoughts to your satisfaction.

and yes, while their is latitude displayed to the membership on OCDO, there is consistent & fair moderation across the board. members do contribute with suggestion(s) to the operation of this forum. those egregious members who fail at the moderation offers are swiftly dealt with....

now please enjoy your website and organizational cohorts!!

ipse

re-reading BrianD's comments...hummm guess the mentality is apparently not isolated and quite rampant within your organization and website...
    Last edited by solus; 08-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.

well, chuck! <snip> you and your elk..
    Yeah, Chuck, blank you and the elk you rode in on! That's tellin' him, solus!

re-reading BrianD's comments...hummm guess the mentality is apparently not isolated and quite rampant within your organization and website...
    Why don't you go to our OFCC forums and have a look-see? Most of my colorful/candid/impolite contributions there (a low percentage of my total posts) were the result of frustration with the organization's Top Brass, who seldom take part in the forum. Ideas are formed to help improve gun rights, board green lights them behind the scenes, work is assigned and completed by the underlings, then submitted for final approval and further action. Oftentimes those last steps are not taken, and no explanation is ever offered. Plus, we haven't had an election of new board members in over a decade, and the bylaws were supposed to be updated eons ago.

But, for a volunteer organization, we often manage to all pull the wagon in the same direction a fair amount of times.

Yeah, Chuck, blank you and the elk you rode in on! That's tellin' him, solus!
    --snipped--
    See Forum Rule #16:

NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS:
    Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

snippp...

Why don't you go to our OFCC forums and have a look-see? Most of my colorful/candid/impolite contributions there (a low percentage of my total posts) were the result of frustration with the organization's Top Brass, who seldom take part in the forum. Ideas are formed to help improve gun rights, board green lights them behind the scenes, work is assigned and completed by the underlings, then submitted for final approval and further action. Oftentimes those last steps are not taken, and no explanation is ever offered. Plus, we haven't had an election of new board members in over a decade, and the bylaws were supposed to be updated eons ago.

But, for a volunteer organization, we often manage to all pull the wagon in the same direction a fair amount of times.
    BrianD, can i have the last 45 minutes of my life back?

when any GRoots entity's leadership is mired in their own self worth and ignores 'change' (not change for the sake of change mind you) but forward moving change, the entity does and will stagnate leaving only the diehard(s) available to 'pull the wagon' and the over time it is no long volunteer effort but drudgery & tiresome. membership dwindles...

to have leadership continue operating in a shroud of secrecy or decision making only known to a few 'insiders' then not passed down to the commoners the factors for their decision so they know how to propose/frame future projects/operations/events is strictly a narrow minded power and control methodology to keep leadership believing they, and they alone, are needed cuz the commoners cannot be trusted to make the right decisions. duh, if you do not teach the commoners your perspective(s) they will consistently fail to meet leadership's expectations which bolsters leadership's ego.

the enterprise is doomed to fail even with heroic efforts from the diehards...leadership will not take any accountability for the failure since 'it wasn't their' fault the commoners kept making incorrect decisions.

however, leadership likes the ego building self proclaimed banner they can flash to one and all...i am the leader...

ipse

ps...i am not singling out OFCC, but your commentary indicated Buckeye's membership if dwindling, but also NCGR is a waste of time except for what Paul, the president wants to do. SCGR is non existant. and so forth

About 110 showed up on a rainy day. Enough food and door prizes for all. Six complete firearms and an AR lower receiver among them. Less political speakers than normal considering it's an election year. Legislative update given, about ten good and three bad bills all still in limbo, probably won't be dealt with until post-election, par for the course.

A good time was had by all