• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toyko knife attack leaves 19 dead

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
SAGAMIHARA, Japan -- The Kyodo news agency is reporting that 19 people are dead and 20 injured following a knife attack in Sagamihara, outside Tokyo.
A knife-wielding man attacked a facility for the disabled and then turned himself in, police said.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/at-leas...tack-outside-tokyo-japanese-reports-1.3001723

ipse
Was probably carrying CC. Stabbing fish in a barrel.

Everybody knows that makes it an offensive weapon.

He turned himself in because the knife only had capacity for 39. No seppuku left.

Last edited:

solus

He turned himself in because the knife only had capacity for 39. No seppuku left.

grape, go stand in the corner and about what you did.:uhoh:..you know it was an eversharp kitchen knife like they carnival sell in sams...

sad part, he kill disabled patients at a facility where he worked...

sigh

ipse

Ezek

.. if one knows what seppuku is, this is a really bad attempt at a joke... :smh:

although,.. what would the word for ritualistic homicide be? anyone fluent in Japanese?

edit: after a little research, the more apt term would be all out of Hara-Kiri

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
A local new station's website gave more details.

The guy was a former employee of the facility. Lotsa people in the facility with mental disabilities. He entered and overpowered an employee. Then went room by room killing the sleeping patients with stabs to the neck. Another employee called police. The guy left before police arrived. But, then turned himself in and handed over a bag with a number of knives.

Parents or friends reported his personality changed while working there. He told police he did it because he felt sorry for them; "they were over-burdened with maintaining their existence" was one of the quoted phrases if I recall.

I'm kinda thinking it would be hard for any of the sleeping patients to defend themselves with a gun. If it was at night with minimal staff, it might just be luck the second employee discovered what was happening before it was over.

Now, of course, if one of the nurses was carrying, the body count might be lower. The article implied the killer was discovered before he was done.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
strictly mercy killings me thinks...

ipse

The article I read was long on sensationalism and short on depth. It touched on facts, but handed out only one fact on each point.

I kinda came away with the impression that the killer was just nuts.

Did you come across better reporting?

solus

The article I read was long on sensationalism and short on depth. It touched on facts, but handed out only one fact on each point.

I kinda came away with the impression that the killer was just nuts.

Did you come across better reporting?

pm sent :cool:

ipse