Thread: Local OC education with your local, media personalities, is it wise?

Local OC education with your local, media personalities, is it wise?

I keep hearing incorrect information about guns, and carriers there of, from media personalities. Mostly radio show hosts because I don't watch TV news.

So, would having local gatherings where we invite our local media personalities to join us for meeting and education, be a good idea?

I almost posted this for my local state, then I realized that this would apply all over.

How should/would we go about this?
    Would anyone be interested in doing this in their locale?
    What are some unintended negative consequences of doing this?

Part of this is because a radio show host made us carriers sound like we were mentally unstable/aggressive/dangerous a-holes. This comment stemmed from the guy who was CC in Kentucky and got into an argument at a theater over a brat kicking the back of his seat. He drew his gun and made an A of himself.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

avoid them at all costs, they can and will edit interviews later to suit their agenda, even with carefully chosen words and dialogue.

you can also expect them to NOT follow any script they agreed to or proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    avoid them at all costs, they can and will edit interviews later to suit their agenda, even with carefully chosen words and dialogue.

It is that the personalities claim that we are aholes. Or that we are required to have a CPL to OC or carry at all.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

horrors...tell me it isn't so...you mean couric, williams, ad nauseam would twist the truth to make a biased personal point...cronkite, and others of similar stature should be flipping in their graves !!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned

You should record .. then if they do it you have proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58IdBjMeS4

My pro-gun advocacy WCIV Warren Peper interview is on VIMEO. GRGRSC certified public speakers that could stay on message. So is The Fork in Wisconsin Gun Law.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Listening to one set of on air idiots, I believe that if we were to hold a get together with them that they would give their honest feedback and not bash gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Have you got a link to this "radio show host that made us carriers sound like we were mentally unstable...". I find it strange that you, who I assume are in Washington state, have heard factual details of a confrontation in Paducah, Ky. and have enough facts to say that the man "made an A of himself". I'd like to hear those details, because here in Ky. facts on this event are hard to come by.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...at-police-say/

Imagine, you invite a media drone for a interview and you record, the media drone edits and makes gun owner look like a blankety-blank, you have recording of the entire interview and media drone knows this, to correct the record you go to the same media drone to air the truth...do you have your own media outlet?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare